People are losing their Minds and cannot Think==Wonder Why??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are losing their Minds and cannot Think==Wonder Why?? 21 dead in the USA from covid-19 but over 35,000 die each year from the flue and yet the Unthinking are in a huge PANIC!!!==How satan must laugh!

Reactions: Taken and Willie T

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are losing their Minds and cannot Think==Wonder Why?? 21 dead in the USA from covid-19 but over 35,000 die each year from the flue and yet the Unthinking are in a huge PANIC!!!==How satan must laugh!

well you have to have a mind in the first place in order to loss it. its the result of the changes in this culture and what the general public trusts and believes. don't expect apples, from an orange tree.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are losing their Minds and cannot Think==Wonder Why?? 21 dead in the USA from covid-19 but over 35,000 die each year from the flue and yet the Unthinking are in a huge PANIC!!!

Because this is just the beginning. Today:

tn_us-flag.gif

United States
Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

ArtTfEc9_400x400.jpg

"You ain't seen nothin' yet."

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gotta love doomsday prophets. They take such Glee in spreading fear.

That's what Neville Chamberlain said about Winston Churchill, when he warned that Hitler couldn't be trusted.

As long as you're stuck in the idea that knowing the risk is something to fear, you'll fail to do the things you need to do.

Notice the reason we had panic in the first place was that our president lied to us about the pandemic (at the same time senators were being told the truth, so they could use their inside information to dump stocks in companies likely to lose money). It's hiding the truth that causes panic.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because in their hearts they know judgement is coming.

I seriously doubt that. Its more likely just people panicking because the media told them to panic. I don't care for Trump, or politics in general. I never voted a day in my life and likely never will because I consider it a joke, but I can at least appreciate the way he lays the smack down on the media. This is long overdue.

Reactions: Helen

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

I think that this is a serious thing @GISMYS_7, not just for the USA but all nations of the earth.
It would make sense if some countries were facing flu season as per geographic location, but this situation is liken to every country experiencing flu season at the same time.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I consider it a joke, but I can at least appreciate the way he lays the smack down on the media. This is long overdue.

He's not the first would-be dictator to go after a free press. It's what they do. So long as he can't control information, he can't control us.

And it eats at him constantly. Hence his increasingly shrill and irrational outbursts at the First Amendment.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's not the first would-be dictator to go after a free press. It's what they do. So long as he can't control information, he can't control us.

And it eats at him constantly. Hence his increasingly shrill and irrational outbursts at the First Amendment.
Putin got his "fake news law" passed last year, and he's using it now according to a story from the Moscow Times.

Russian News Outlets Ordered to Take Down ‘Fake’ Coronavirus News - The Moscow Times

Russia has ordered several news outlets to take down information about the coronavirus outbreak that it says is “fake.”

Russia’s communications watchdog Roskomnadzor on Friday said that the Ekho Moskvy radio station, the Govorit Magadan news website and several other outlets had published “false information that is socially significant” about the coronavirus that “threatens to massively disrupt public order or public safety.”
- - - -
Putin said earlier this month that fake news reports about coronavirus were being sent to Russia from abroad to spread panic among the public.

Putin's remark sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seriously doubt that. Its more likely just people panicking because the media told them to panic. I don't care for Trump, or politics in general. I never voted a day in my life and likely never will because I consider it a joke, but I can at least appreciate the way he lays the smack down on the media. This is long overdue.
So you enjoy the conflict between Trump and the media? Really?

If you don't like the Bill of Rights, maybe you should move. You might be happier if you moved to Russia where Putin is dealing with the "fake news" media. Of course, you could also pray for the First Amendment of the Constitution to be repealed so Trump could fine or imprison any reporters he doesn't like. Maybe we could do away with the justice system too so Trump could just send them off to a prison camp without a trial?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Putin said earlier this month that fake news reports about coronavirus were being sent to Russia from abroad to spread panic among the public.

Putin's remark sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Where do you think Trump learned that stuff?

Every dictator and wannabee goes after the press.

Reactions: Giuliano

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you're stuck in the idea that knowing the risk is something to
Well in this case, all I need to do is less than normal, according to what we are told. Instead, I plan for the worse and expect the best. It's not the virus, it's the other impacts that are gonna cause lasting problems. But I trust a God who is bigger than all this. And it doesn't hurt that I live in the woods and have the ability to live without what most consider essentials. If we really need food, I can kill it. If we need heat, I cut up trees. Life for many out of the city goes on as normal, just less trips to town.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well in this case, all I need to do is less than normal, according to what we are told. Instead, I plan for the worse and expect the best. It's not the virus, it's the other impacts that are gonna cause lasting problems. But I trust a God who is bigger than all this. And it doesn't hurt that I live in the woods and have the ability to live without what most consider essentials. If we really need food, I can kill it. If we need heat, I cut up trees. Life for many out of the city goes on as normal, just less trips to town.

With a little luck it won't get to you at all. But some of it isn't luck. You see, it will spread first in crowded areas, but if people don't act responsibly now, you'll be seeing it eventually.

I see some signs that people are starting to take it seriously, and hopefully, that will be enough. If we don't, you're going to see hospitals overwhelmed and a lot of people dead.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you enjoy the conflict between Trump and the media? Really?

If you don't like the Bill of Rights, maybe you should move. You might be happier if you moved to Russia where Putin is dealing with the "fake news" media. Of course, you could also pray for the First Amendment of the Constitution to be repealed so Trump could fine or imprison any reporters he doesn't like. Maybe we could do away with the justice system too so Trump could just send them off to a prison camp without a trial?

Who said anything about the "bill of rights"? Who gave the media the right to spread misinformation? Who holds them accountable for it?

Reactions: Helen

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said anything about the "bill of rights"? Who gave the media the right to spread misinformation?

The first Amendment. So Fox could tell people that the pandemic was a hoax, without penalty. In a free country, the consequence is, you have to be careful who you listen to. It's legal for them to lie to you.

After spending weeks downplaying and minimizing the threat of the new coronavirus that has now resulted in a worldwide pandemic, Fox News host Sean Hannity declared on Wednesday night that he has “always taken the coronavirus seriously” and never referred to it as a “hoax.”

Hannity, who recently changed his tune on the viral outbreak once President Donald Trump began exhibiting a sense of urgency about the crisis, complained about the amount of criticism the media has thrown at him and Fox News over their earlier COVID-19 coverage. Taking aim at his critics, the pro-Trump host insisted they were “politicizing” the pandemic with their “hysteria” and “neverending” lies about the president.
Hannity, With a Straight Face, Claims He Has ‘Always Taken the Coronavirus Seriously’

He lied, but he broke no laws in doing so. He correctly assumed that his fans were dumb enough to believe him, and never think back to what he said earlier.

Yes, it's despicable, but if we didn't have a free press, we'd still be told that there was no pandemic and the deaths were all a hoax. Turns out, politicians lie a lot more than the media. Trump is an extreme case, but they all lie.

Who holds them accountable for it?

Voters, in the case of politicians, and readers/listeners in the case of media. Once they realize that a particular source is lying to them,they stop paying attention to it.

It's called "the marketplace of ideas." And no one who has any love for America would change it to the sort of thing we see Putin doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What If Fox actually covered Trump the way they treated Obama?

Hilarious.

Reactions: Giuliano

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The number of new cases (8,616) is down from yesterday's final total of 9,339. Up to this point, new cases had been rising exponentially. It could be just an artifact of reporting, but if we see a trend like this for a few days, it's a very good sign that the stringent controls in Washington state, New York, and California are having an impact. Deaths are sharply up, but they will trail new cases for obvious reasons.

We can hope.