People ARE Mixing the Gospels Together!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

newnature

Mar 24, 2011
So-called Christendom today fails to rightly divide the word of truth, because they have mixed God’s program with Israel and his program with the Body of Christ and mixed dispensations together; dispensations that do not mix together, and as a result, they think they have taken on Israel’s role from the point where Israel left off.

The programs have simply been intertwined in the minds of the religious world. Any kind of works at all, even if they appear to be good works in a our minds, that are done for the purpose attaining salvation, or for the purpose of maintaining salvation, and even for the purpose of proving our salvation is a slap in the face of God, who had to provide the gift of salvation, because our righteousness would be totally incapable of meriting it.

It was God’s plan to use the faith and its resultant faithfulness of the son of God in the ultimate glorification of human-kind who would take him at his word, the union of believers to Christ is that which allows God to remain just when he credits those with the righteousness of his son.
Are we to study the Word of God as though it were a hodge-podge assortment of instructions that are all the same for all the people of all the ages? Some people study it that way, and then wonder why they can not make sense of it.

Cafeteria Christianity, each group placing on their plate the portion, or portions of Scripture that appeal most to them. “We want this, but we will ignore that.” “We will take one of these, but we will leave the others off our plate.” But we can not pick and choose whatever doctrine suits our appetites, as though it is left up to us to sere ourselves.

We have to allow God to tell us in the Word, the portions of that Word that are specifically written about and directly apply to us. If you read the words “ye men of Israel,” “ye men of Judaea” do not take from the table of that nation and put that instruction on your plate. You are not the nation Israel. You are not under the law, they were. You are under grace!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Condemning Christendom like this, does not engender anything but hostility towards yourself, as being self righteous and judgemental. A better tact would be to ask questions.

newnature

Mar 24, 2011
Jesus gave himself a ransom for MANY. Who are the “many” spoken of? Israel!

But a ransom for ALL was not testified until Paul proclaimed it, the revelation of the secret, which was kept secret since the world began.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newnature said:

But a ransom for ALL was not testified until Paul proclaimed it, the revelation of the secret, which was kept secret since the world began.
God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. This John 3:16 verse is the basis for what God did for us under the New Covenant.
This was not just for Israel this was for the whole world, that whoever believes in him should have eternal life. That eternal life is not limited to Israel.

Jesus may have come to only minister to the lost sheep of Israel, but his gift of salvation was for the entire world, past present and to come. He died for sin, once, for all.

newnature

Mar 24, 2011
StanJ said:
God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. This John 3:16 verse is the basis for what God did for us under the New Covenant.
This was not just for Israel this was for the whole world, that whoever believes in him should have eternal life. That eternal life is not limited to Israel.

Jesus may have come to only minister to the lost sheep of Israel, but his gift of salvation was for the entire world, past present and to come. He died for sin, once, for all.

But you are mixing the Gospels, because Jesus was sent to Israel. John the Baptizer came in connection with Yahweh’s earthly nation Israel and in accordance with an offer to confess their failure under the contract in order to gain their promised land. That confession itself would be considered a fruit of righteousness in the eyes of Yahweh. The focus during John the Baptizer’s ministry was still Israel and the issue continued to be the land. Nothing had changed except that Israel was being offered the opportunity to confess their failure under the contract. Israel continued to be the focus and the land continued to be the issue.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newnature said:
But you are mixing the Gospels, because Jesus was sent to Israel. John the Baptizer came in connection with Yahweh’s earthly nation Israel and in accordance with an offer to confess their failure under the contract in order to gain their promised land. That confession itself would be considered a fruit of righteousness in the eyes of Yahweh. The focus during John the Baptizer’s ministry was still Israel and the issue continued to be the land. Nothing had changed except that Israel was being offered the opportunity to confess their failure under the contract. Israel continued to be the focus and the land continued to be the issue.
There's only one gospel, which is the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the good news for all. I just showed you John 3 shows that Jesus was sent for the entire world, not just for Israel. If you are going to selectively accept parts of the Bible and not others then there's no use discussing anything with you.
Are you Jewish, or are you a gentle? I have a hard time with people who try to use Jewish vernacular in the English. We don't use Yahweh in English and it's John the Baptist not John the Baptizer. I suggest you stick with the vernacular of the English translation if you're going to discuss it in English. If you want to discuss it in Hebrew, then find a Hebrew site where you can do so. Israel stop being the focus of God when Jesus brought the New Covenant. The old covenant was made obsolete and since 70 ad has disappeared.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
newnature said:
So-called Christendom today fails to rightly divide the word of truth, because they have mixed God’s program with Israel and his program with the Body of Christ and mixed dispensations together; dispensations that do not mix together, and as a result, they think they have taken on Israel’s role from the point where Israel left off.

The programs have simply been intertwined in the minds of the religious world. Any kind of works at all, even if they appear to be good works in a our minds, that are done for the purpose attaining salvation, or for the purpose of maintaining salvation, and even for the purpose of proving our salvation is a slap in the face of God, who had to provide the gift of salvation, because our righteousness would be totally incapable of meriting it.

It was God’s plan to use the faith and its resultant faithfulness of the son of God in the ultimate glorification of human-kind who would take him at his word, the union of believers to Christ is that which allows God to remain just when he credits those with the righteousness of his son.
Are we to study the Word of God as though it were a hodge-podge assortment of instructions that are all the same for all the people of all the ages? Some people study it that way, and then wonder why they can not make sense of it.

Cafeteria Christianity, each group placing on their plate the portion, or portions of Scripture that appeal most to them. “We want this, but we will ignore that.” “We will take one of these, but we will leave the others off our plate.” But we can not pick and choose whatever doctrine suits our appetites, as though it is left up to us to sere ourselves.

We have to allow God to tell us in the Word, the portions of that Word that are specifically written about and directly apply to us. If you read the words “ye men of Israel,” “ye men of Judaea” do not take from the table of that nation and put that instruction on your plate. You are not the nation Israel. You are not under the law, they were. You are under grace!
Jesus said in Matthew 19 "to enter into life keep the Commandments" and in Matthew 7 you honour me with your lips but your hearts are far from me, then I will say to you depart from me I never knew you, you who practice lawlessness" and Paul in Romans said "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law"

newnature

Mar 24, 2011
StanJ said:
There's only one gospel, which is the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is the good news for all. I just showed you John 3 shows that Jesus was sent for the entire world, not just for Israel. If you are going to selectively accept parts of the Bible and not others then there's no use discussing anything with you.
Are you Jewish, or are you a gentle? I have a hard time with people who try to use Jewish vernacular in the English. We don't use Yahweh in English and it's John the Baptist not John the Baptizer. I suggest you stick with the vernacular of the English translation if you're going to discuss it in English. If you want to discuss it in Hebrew, then find a Hebrew site where you can do so. Israel stop being the focus of God when Jesus brought the New Covenant. The old covenant was made obsolete and since 70 ad has disappeared.

You are mixing the Gospels, because clearly Jesus gave himself a ransom for MANY. Who are the “many” spoken of? Israel!

newnature

Mar 24, 2011
heretoeternity said:
Jesus said in Matthew 19 "to enter into life keep the Commandments" and in Matthew 7 you honour me with your lips but your hearts are far from me, then I will say to you depart from me I never knew you, you who practice lawlessness" and Paul in Romans said "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law"

You are mixing the Gospels, because God did all the giving, we do only all the receiving. You who say you believe in Jesus Christ, is there any sin that can be put to your account now? If you really believe that, then you do not believe that Christ paid for all of them. We can take God at his word, why can’t we stand with God on what he accomplished through Christ, that is FAITH.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
newnature said:

newnature,

You seem to be pushing an agenda that misses certain verses, like 1 John 2:1-3 (ESV):
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. 3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.
Jesus was not a ransom for Israel. His death provided the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. To propitiate sins is to appease the wrath of God. It is for the whole of humanity and not just the Jews.

You conveniently leave out verses that contradict your alleged point.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newnature said:
You are mixing the Gospels, because clearly Jesus gave himself a ransom for MANY. Who are the “many” spoken of? Israel!
You have now said the same thing 3 times to two different people so either you're having a hard time following your own post or you just refuse to acknowledge the truth that you're being presented? Also please learn how to properly quote posts, because you're mixing your own answers in with the post. You need to put your answers outside of the quotation not inside.

newnature

Mar 24, 2011
OzSpen said:
newnature,

You seem to be pushing an agenda that misses certain verses, like 1 John 2:1-3 (ESV):

Jesus was not a ransom for Israel. His death provided the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. To propitiate sins is to appease the wrath of God. It is for the whole of humanity and not just the Jews.

You conveniently leave out verses that contradict your alleged point.

Before that kingdom could be realized, there was a prophetic event that had to take place first. The way Jesus taught has special application to that tribulation period to those people who were being taught to pray in this manner. During the time of Jacob’s trouble, the Israelites will be under tremendous persecution from the antichrist. He will be putting Israelites to death for their faith. The Israelites will be praying at that time, “thy kingdom come” the promised earthly kingdom to be set up right here on earth, because the only hope of deliverance for the believing Israelites at that time, will be the coming of the king and setting up of the earthly kingdom.

These saints of the earthly kingdom program will be praying in the day “Give us this day our daily bread.” They will be worrying about that day, not the next day as that earthly kingdom becomes a reality for those Israelites.There will be a people for Yahweh on the earth during those eventful years, and Yahweh indeed has provided for their instruction, and warning, and encouragement.

But when the kingdom program was ongoing and Jesus was ready to rule and reign right here on earth, a troubled believer could pray the prayer of faith, when presented with suffering circumstances and those circumstance would disappear. Yahweh provided that prayer of faith, because that kingdom was at hand and the time for troubling circumstances had come to an end. It was time to put an end to pain and suffering, because it was time for the King to rule and reign on this earth.

But Israel as a nation was still the focus in Acts chapter 2, as they were given a taste of their promised earthly kingdom there with Yahweh’s empowerments for The Tribulation endurance and for the earthly kingdom entrance. Focus is still that land and the attempt to get Israel’s leadership to change their minds about the source of their righteousness and accept Jesus as indeed their Messiah.

History says you are mixing Gospels.

newnature

Mar 24, 2011
StanJ said:
You have now said the same thing 3 times to two different people so either you're having a hard time following your own post or you just refuse to acknowledge the truth that you're being presented? Also please learn how to properly quote posts, because you're mixing your own answers in with the post. You need to put your answers outside of the quotation not inside.
I will keep repeating my points, because during the age of grace, any kind of works at all, even if they appear to be good works in our mind, that are done for the purpose of attaining salvation or for the purpose of maintaining salvation, even for the purpose of proving one’s salvation is a slap in the face of God, who had to provide the gift of salvation, because people’s righteousness would be totally incapable of meriting it.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newnature said:
I will keep repeating my points, because during the age of grace, any kind of works at all, even if they appear to be good works in our mind, that are done for the purpose of attaining salvation or for the purpose of maintaining salvation, even for the purpose of proving one’s salvation is a slap in the face of God, who had to provide the gift of salvation, because people’s righteousness would be totally incapable of meriting it.
You're preaching to the choir here. Good works are required for a Christian, they are a natural outcropping of our walk in Jesus. Jesus himself taught that we must produce good fruit and James teaches that our walk must show good works, so if you're telling us that the Bible is wrong in this regard then I would say you will be ignored.

newnature

Mar 24, 2011
StanJ said:
You're preaching to the choir here. Good works are required for a Christian, they are a natural outcropping of our walk in Jesus. Jesus himself taught that we must produce good fruit and James teaches that our walk must show good works, so if you're telling us that the Bible is wrong in this regard then I would say you will be ignored.
But you are mixing the Gospels, because the issue is not that of sinners making God’s son become their Savior through the avenue of a present day forgiveness of sins, but in believing that the son of God became their Savior the day he took their sins, the entirety of that sin debt upon himself, and that is what makes a person Heaven worthy.

It is not the non-imputation of sins that makes a person Heaven ready, it is the imputation of the very righteousness that belongs to the Savior that makes us Heaven worthy.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
newnature said:
But you are mixing the Gospels, because the issue is not that of sinners making God’s son become their Savior through the avenue of a present day forgiveness of sins, but in believing that the son of God became their Savior the day he took their sins, the entirety of that sin debt upon himself, and that is what makes a person Heaven worthy.

It is not the non-imputation of sins that makes a person Heaven ready, it is the imputation of the very righteousness that belongs to the Savior that makes us Heaven worthy.
There is only one gospel and that is; Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I have no idea where you get this idea of two Gospels? Jesus doesn't become a sinner's savior until that sinner confesses him. Rom10: 9-11. Not to be confused with Hebrews 5:9.
Redemption is not the same as salvation. Jesus redeemed all of mankind by dying for all sin, once for all mankind. Roman 6:10 & Hebrew 9:26
Salvation does not make a person heaven worthy, salvation gives us the gift of eternal life. You have been misinformed.

newnature

Mar 24, 2011
StanJ said:
There is only one gospel and that is; Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I have no idea where you get this idea of two Gospels? Jesus doesn't become a sinner's savior until that sinner confesses him. Rom10: 9-11. Not to be confused with Hebrews 5:9.
Redemption is not the same as salvation. Jesus redeemed all of mankind by dying for all sin, once for all mankind. Roman 6:10 & Hebrew 9:26
Salvation does not make a person heaven worthy, salvation gives us the gift of eternal life. You have been misinformed.
You are mixing the Gospels, because Yahweh’s salvation of his people from Egypt, not the Christian sense of personal salvation from sin; that’s anachronistically read back into the Hebrew Bible. It’s not there. Salvation in the Hebrew Bible does not refer to an individual's deliverance from a sinful nature. This is not a concept that is found in the Hebrew Bible. Salvation refers instead, to the concrete, collective, communal salvation from national suffering and oppression, particularly in the form of foreign rule of enslavement.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
newnature said:

You are mixing the Gospels, because God did all the giving, we do only all the receiving. You who say you believe in Jesus Christ, is there any sin that can be put to your account now? If you really believe that, then you do not believe that Christ paid for all of them. We can take God at his word, why can’t we stand with God on what he accomplished through Christ, that is FAITH.

Good works follow from Faith, and salvation...as James 2 says
"faith without works is dead"

newnature

Mar 24, 2011
heretoeternity said:

Good works follow from Faith, and salvation...as James 2 says
"faith without works is dead"

We are going to become enslaved to that which we choose to put ourselves in servitude. Choose to serve sin, and we can soon become addicted to the manner in which we have chosen to serve sin, is the principle. Paul is not talking about a believer losing salvation, he is talking about what those who pursue the satisfaction of the sinful lusts, we reap what we sow, not from God, but through that to which we are reaping. You are mixing the Gospels.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
new nature. Your point about mixing the gospels is loud and clear and you have a right to your opinion however, so do members of this forum who have chosen to engage in your thread. Just because you said it, doesn't make your theology true. If salvation is only for the Jews, what becomes of the christian today who have come out of a pagan worldly lifestyle, who believe the gospel message and have received Jesus as their Lord and savior by faith in the preaching of the word?

Do you really think that salvation is only for the Jews? We understand that salvation is of the Jews [John 4:22] however, the promise God made to Abraham was for all people. Romans 4:13, 14, 15, 16, 17. The bible tells us that salvation is for whoever believes in Jesus by faith. Romans 1:6,. Perhaps you do not believe in some of the ministries Paul was called to but you may believe Peter's story of his visit to the household of Cornelius a Centurion from the Italian regiment and a gathering of friends and family. Acts 10:34-46

Status
Not open for further replies.