People in the OT who were said to have the Spirit in them

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am interested in any OT person who might have the Spirit in him and not just on him. Before the flood, Genesis 6:

3a Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh.”
Pharaoh thought Joseph was one, Genesis 41:

38 And Pharaoh said to his servants, “Can we find a man like this, in whom is the Spirit of God?”
Joshua had the Spirit in him, Numbers 27:

18 So the LORD said to Moses, “Take Joshua the son of Nun, a man in whom is the Spirit, and lay your hand on him.
The Hebrew proposition is בו:

בּוֹ • (bo)
Form of בְּ־‎ (b-) including third-person masculine singular personal pronoun as an object.
Ezekiel 2:

2 As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet, and I heard him speaking to me.
Again, Ezekiel 3:

24 Then the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet. He spoke to me and said: “Go, shut yourself inside your house.
Ezekiel 11:

19a I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them.
It seems that the Holy Spirit dwells in a person permanently only after Jesus' death on the cross.

Other examples of OT people who had the Spirit from the outside and not inside:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am interested in any OT person who might have the Spirit in him and not just on him. Before the flood, Genesis 6:

Ezekiel 2:

Again, Ezekiel 3:

Ezekiel 11:

It seems that the Holy Spirit dwells in a person permanently only after Jesus' death on the cross.

I suspect some people walked with the Lord in the Old Testament times just like they do in the New Testament times and today.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ezekiel 2:

Again, Ezekiel 3:

Ezekiel 11:

No, the body is a temple in which the Holy Spirit does its work...will get some verses together for you.