People Need Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“People Need Jesus”
Romans 3:23 NLT
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.

For the past few weeks, my heart has felt heavy every time I hear of some kind of attack happening. Whether it be someone crazy on the road, someone in a mass shooting or someone just doing something that makes me shake my head in disbelief. So many emotions go through me when I hear of another tragedy happening, wherever and whatever it might be. I think of all the people involved and who has been affected. So many hurting, discouraged and confused people.

As I think about these tragedies happening, it reminds me of how much people desperately need Jesus in their lives. It’s often easy for us to get upset and demand justice and wish they’d be locked up for life for what they’ve done. There’s no doubt we have a right to be upset when these things happen, but we must also remember that everyone really needs Jesus.

The past few weeks, I just keep thinking of the phrase “People need Jesus”. It keeps crossing my mind. It’s not just those who have made choices to hurt other people in these awful scenarios, but it’s also people we come across each and every day in our work places and other places we go. Every one needs Jesus.

While it’s easy to get angry and pass judgment on these people who do horrific crimes and think they don’t deserve forgiveness for what they’ve done, we must remember that we all have sinned and fall short of God’s glory. It’s easy for us to think people who hurt others physically are much worse than us. However, it’s all sin and, instead of passing judgment, we need to pray for them. We really, really need to pray for them. If their lives were taken in the event, we need to pray for their families, friends and others involved.

I know I’m guilty of not taking the time to pray about these things, but I’m convicted that I need to do more. People need Jesus. No matter who they are or what they’ve done, they need Jesus. I’ve heard various stories of people who have lost loved ones in crimes and instead of casting judgment on them, the person prays for the criminal. When I hear those stories, I honestly don’t know if I could do that if someone hurt a loved one.

Friends, we all need Jesus. I’m hoping and praying that we will all choose to pray the next time we hear about a tragedy, no matter what it involves. Pray for the person who has gone mad and ask God to move in ways we won’t and don’t see.

Again, it’s easy to pass judgment and think they don’t deserve forgiveness, but neither do we and Jesus Christ gave that to us. We don’t deserve it, but He died for us all. They need Him as well as we do. We all fall short. Remember that when it’s tempting to pass judgment.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..On they go through private pain
Living fear to fear
Laughter hides their silent cries
Only Jesus hears
--