Perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is perfection? What is ‘perfect’ to God who says to the church when a man comes in with vile clothing...you make this man your footstool while you set the man in gay clothing in the best seat? Consider 1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance(for perfection), but the Lord looketh on the heart.

“...but the Lord looketh on the heart.”

Hebrews 2:10
[10] For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

“...perfect through sufferings.” What was made perfect through sufferings? Was it the outward? Or the heart made perfect through sufferings?

Hebrews 6:1-2
[1] Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, [2] Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

“...let us go on unto perfection;”

Luke 8:14-15
[14] And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. [15] But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it , and bring forth fruit with patience.

What seed fell among thorns brought forth no fruit to perfection. So is the fruit of the Spirit perfect in (Galatians 5:22-23) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Please notice verse 15 in Luke those seed that fell on good ground(fertile in Spirit to bring forth life) ...with patience.

Romans 5:3-6 And not only so , but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; [4] And patience, experience; and experience, hope: [5] And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. [6] For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

How can we then distort His character and love when it is right before our face? 2 Corinthians 6:4-6
[4] But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, [5] In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; [6] By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,

James 1:3-4
[3] Knowing this , that the trying of your faith worketh patience. [4] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Matthew 5:44-48 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. [44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. [46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? [47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others ? do not even the publicans so? [48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

What does it mean to be ‘chosen of God’? What does it mean to be the ‘children of God’? Luke 23:34-35
[34] Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. [35] And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him , saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

“He saved others” “...let him save himself IF he be Christ...THE chosen of God” ...wow! but saving Himself was not Christ or chosen of God but Him that will lay down his life for another. “A life-giving Spirit” even toward those whom ‘derided Him’.

Which brings such depth to Luke 6:40-41 And what it means to be ‘chosen of God’; the children of God: “The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

John 17:23
[23] I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one(the Son); and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Ephesians 5:9-10
[9] (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth[10] Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Luke 4:18-19
[18] The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, [19] To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Colossians 3:14-15
[14] And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. [15] And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
when a man comes in with vile clothing...you make this man your footstool while you set the man in gay clothing in the best seat?
How often does this happen in your church, or the present day version of it?

It is more than just making a judgement of worth based on clothing/appearance.
How does your church welcome single parents, or those with mental illness/learning disabilities?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfection is different for every form of creation. Perfection in humans is to love God and neighbor without flaw or misstep.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfection is different for every form of creation. Perfection in humans is to love God and neighbor without flaw or misstep.

Love God and deny His Word? What a peach.

Stranger

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us not forget that perfection doesn't always mean completion. A caterpillar may be a perfect caterpillar but it not a butterfly. A green tomato may be a perfect green tomato, but it isn't red and ripe.

Jesus said in Mat 5 to be perfect even as the Father is perfect. Paul said in Eph 4 that there was a ministry given for the perfecting of the Saints. Thus, we will be perfected. Now based on other verses I don't think our flesh man will ever be perfect. But I do believe our inward man is being perfected by hearing the Word. I also believe that God accounts us as perfected already even though we aren't complete and despite the evidence of this physical realm.

God calls things that are not as though they were! Perhaps not everything... But that verse pertains to Abraham being a father of many nations before he had Isaac or Ishmael.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let us not forget that perfection doesn't always mean completion.
Correct. Sometimes it means exactly what it says -- perfection. Total freedom from all blemishes and defects. And when the saints are glorified, they shall be perfected.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How does this equate to perfection? It simply means that God knows people inside-out.
“...perfect through sufferings.” What was made perfect through sufferings? Was it the outward? Or the heart made perfect through sufferings?
Here the reference is to Jesus -- the God-Man -- who was THE MOST PERFECT MAN who ever lived. Therefore in this case the word perfection refers to *completion* (and the Greek word can mean either, depending on context). As God the Word Christ had never suffered as humans suffer. But as the God-Man, He was completed through sufferings, which were actually a necessary part of His redemptive work.
In this case we are to go on to both completion (maturity) and perfection (holiness).

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let us not forget that perfection doesn't always mean completion. A caterpillar may be a perfect caterpillar but it not a butterfly. A green tomato may be a perfect green tomato, but it isn't red and ripe.

Jesus said in Mat 5 to be perfect even as the Father is perfect. Paul said in Eph 4 that there was a ministry given for the perfecting of the Saints. Thus, we will be perfected. Now based on other verses I don't think our flesh man will ever be perfect. But I do believe our inward man is being perfected by hearing the Word. I also believe that God accounts us as perfected already even though we aren't complete and despite the evidence of this physical realm.

God calls things that are not as though they were! Perhaps not everything... But that verse pertains to Abraham being a father of many nations before he had Isaac or Ishmael.

AMEN!
what a good clear post .....:)

I was there was a thumbs up icon.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does this equate to perfection? It simply means that God knows people inside-out.

2 Corinthians 4:16
[16] For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Flesh faints. Flesh is weak (Matthew 27:41) and perishes daily. It is the Spirit who endures to the end and His work is the Heart, the inward renewed day to day.

The question may be when we are to walk by faith and not sight...why do we watch what perishes? When we are instructed to look for Spiritual fruit which remains.

Here the reference is to Jesus -- the God-Man -- who was THE MOST PERFECT MAN who ever lived. Therefore in this case the word perfection refers to *completion* (and the Greek word can mean either, depending on context). As God the Word Christ had never suffered as humans suffer. But as the God-Man, He was completed through sufferings, which were actually a necessary part of His redemptive work.

Romans 8:28-29
[28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. [29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

“whom He did foreknow” in conception and not “I never knew you.” Who He “predestined to be conformed to the image of the Son” (through sufferings of what perishes) and He will not be ashamed to call them brethren.

Philippians 3:10-12
[10] That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; [11] If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. [12] Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Fellowship of His sufferings being conformed unto His death. “The Captain of their Salvation being made perfect through sufferings”... conformed unto His death that we may walk in newness of life to serve the living God in Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. [2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed (into newness of life and the power of the world to come) by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

In this case we are to go on to both completion (maturity) and perfection (holiness).

Not if we are looking back at what perishes.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now based on other verses I don't think our flesh man will ever be perfect. But I do believe our inward man is being perfected by hearing the Word.

Agree. Colossians 3:14-15 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How often does this happen in your church, or the present day version of it?

It is more than just making a judgement of worth based on clothing/appearance.
How does your church welcome single parents, or those with mental illness/learning disabilities?

How often is it asked where is the body? Where is the church of God? Consider Paul who when a Pharisee thought he was doing the will of God in taking those base things not highly esteemed among men and bringing them to be judged of men. Galatians 1:13-14 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: [14] And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

“...and profited in religion (exalted)above many equals ...zealous of the traditions...

James 2:1-3
[1] My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. [2] For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; [3] And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:

Luke 16:15
[15] And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

It seems those footstools...the least of these: are very likely the church(body). Luke 22:25-27 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. [26] But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. [27] For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what is perfection? What is ‘perfect’ to God who says to the church when a man comes in with vile clothing...you make this man your footstool while you set the man in gay clothing in the best seat? Consider 1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance(for perfection), but the Lord looketh on the heart.

Hebrews 2:10
[10] For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Hebrews 6:1-2
[1] Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, [2] Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Luke 8:14-15
[14] And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. [15] But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it , and bring forth fruit with patience.

What seed fell among thorns brought forth no fruit to perfection. So is the fruit of the Spirit perfect in (Galatians 5:22-23) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Please notice verse 15 in Luke those seed that fell on good ground(fertile in Spirit to bring forth life) ...with patience.

Romans 5:3-6 And not only so , but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; [4] And patience, experience; and experience, hope: [5] And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. [6] For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

How can we then distort His character and love when it is right before our face? 2 Corinthians 6:4-6
[4] But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, [5] In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; [6] By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,

James 1:3-4
[3] Knowing this , that the trying of your faith worketh patience. [4] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Matthew 5:44-48 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. [44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. [46] For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? [47] And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others ? do not even the publicans so? [48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

What does it mean to be ‘chosen of God’? What does it mean to be the ‘children of God’? Luke 23:34-35
[34] Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. [35] And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him , saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

“He saved others” “...let him save himself IF he be Christ...THE chosen of God” ...wow! but saving Himself was not Christ or chosen of God but Him that will lay down his life for another. “A life-giving Spirit” even toward those whom ‘derided Him’.

Which brings such depth to Luke 6:40-41 And what it means to be ‘chosen of God’; the children of God: “The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

John 17:23
[23] I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one(the Son); and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Ephesians 5:9-10
[9] (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth[10] Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Luke 4:18-19
[18] The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, [19] To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Colossians 3:14-15
[14] And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. [15] And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Perfection is allowing Christ to live and shine out of us.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 2:21-22 (KJV)
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example , that ye should follow his steps:
22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Peter 1:4 (KJV)
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Philippians 3:14-15 (KJV)

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV)
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Seem like we got to try to be.
It would take a miracle to be perfect, we can't do it by ourselves.
What sin can we not overcome through Jesus ?
Is our sinful flesh stronger than the power of righteousness ? some seem to think so
Are we to be set free from sin, not to be a slave to it or a servant of sin in this life ? John8:34-36
Was this one of the reasons for Jesus coming to change us ?

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 2:21-22 (KJV)
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example , that ye should follow his steps:
22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Peter 1:4 (KJV)
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Philippians 3:14-15 (KJV)

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV)
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Can not deny the above word. Maybe would even add:

2 Corinthians 13:8-11 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. [9] For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection. [10] Therefore I write these things being absent(in the flesh), lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction. [11] Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of (one mind)the mind of Christ, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

The GOD of love and peace ...who is that? No denying He is the God of love and peace.

Seem like we got to try to be.
It would take a miracle to be perfect, we can't do it by ourselves.

Here is where I’d have to disagree. “try to be” is no good. We can try all we want but the Fruit is of the Spirit and The Spirit doesn’t try but Romans 8:27-29
[27] And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. [28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. [29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

“...predestinate TO BE conformed to the image of his Son.”

What sin can we not overcome through Jesus ?
Is our sinful flesh stronger than the power of righteousness ? some seem to think so
Are we to be set free from sin, not to be a slave to it or a servant of sin in this life ? John8:34-36
Was this one of the reasons for Jesus coming to change us ?

Romans 7:25
[25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

“...with my mind I serve the law of God.”be of (one mind)the mind of Christ, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

“ ...with the flesh the law of sin.” Condemned under the law and crucified. Found guilty. Perished. Cast out.

1 Corinthians 15:56-57
[56] The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. [57] But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
[16] For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. [17] For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; [18] While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Though our outward man perish
The inward man is renewed day to day.

“While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are unseen.” Consider the words “Be perfect” even as your Father in Heaven is perfect. Do we then judge “perfect” by the things which are seen instead of “perfect” being the things which are unseen? Do we watch and critique that which perishes to see some spark of “perfect” in what God said was and is condemned by the ministration of condemnation of the Mosiac Law which puts a stop to every man’s mouth so that EVERY man is found guilty and condemned before God. Or do we look on the unseen where God said there is NO MORE condemnation for those in Christ(Spirit). God gives us our daily bread(Christ) and the inward man is renewed day to day. While the outward man perishes as those outside the ark drowned by water.

Consider: 2 Corinthians 12:7
[7] And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn(sin) in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Regardless of what one believes was Paul’s thorn. (IMO) it was pride over the false prophets coming in. If sin in the flesh he prayed for God to remove...it makes sense that God said His grace was sufficient. 2 Corinthians 12:9
[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ (Spirit)may rest upon me.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
perfectionism

“Perfectionism” is an ism created by the flesh? Do we walk by sight with two eyes? If your eye offends (flesh) pluck it out?

Psalm 103:1-6
[1] Bless the Lord , O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. [2] Bless the Lord , O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: [3] Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; [4] Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; [5] Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. [6] The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
“Perfectionism” is an ism created by the flesh?
I believe so right now, yes
Do we walk by sight with two eyes?
diff subject to me? but oh, surely "we" do, I could note any number of threads here--the vast majority--operating under that principle, although of course the OPs would strenuously object I guess. Politics is as in the world as it gets imo, and etc
If your eye offends (flesh) pluck it out?
to me this is a reference of a diff subject, sort of, although I guess it would lead one to assume perfectionism rather than confession and rebound for salvation? No is ever going to be "perfect" in the manner that we assume imo, unless maybe they sit in a chair in an unoccupied room like we are mostly all doing now.

now I might be wrong there, 90 year olds prolly don't sin much, and it might be possible to get to a point where one is never having to confess bc they have not sinned, but I think this even goes against other Scripture, if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves

Last edited: