Period of restoration of all things.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello all,
Love to hear your thoughts on the following....,

How was Elijahs coming going to restore all things?

Matt 17
And He answered and said, "Elijah is coming and will restore all things;
[sup]12[/sup][sup] but I say to you that Elijah already came, and they did not recognize him, but did to]him whatever they wished. So also the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands." [/sup]
[sup]13[/sup][sup] Then the disciples understood that He had spoken to them about John the Baptist. [/sup]

[sup]A scripture answer...[/sup]
[sup]Luke 1[/sup]
[sup]16 And he will turn many of the sons of Israel back to the Lord their God. 17 It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers back to the children, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."[/sup]
[sup] [/sup]

[sup]My thoughts...[/sup]
[sup]He prepared the way for the Lord by baptising and preaching repentance for the forgiveness of sins.[/sup]
[sup]Through Jesus, mankind would be restored to God, and the tree of life.The period of the restoration of all things begins with the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and ends with its proclamation to all nations ,tongues , and tribes of Man.[/sup]
[sup] [/sup]
[sup]Acts 3[/sup]
[sup]"And now, brethren, I know that you acted in ignorance, just as your rulers did also. [/sup]
[sup]18[/sup][sup] "But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. [/sup]
[sup]19[/sup][sup] "Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; [/sup]
[sup]20[/sup][sup] and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, [/sup]
[sup]21[/sup][sup] whom heaven must receive until the period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.[/sup]
[sup] [/sup]

[sup]25[/sup][sup] "It is you who are the sons of the prophets and of the covenant which God made with your fathers, saying to Abraham, 'AND IN YOUR SEED ALL THE FAMILIES OF THE EARTH SHALL BE BLESSED.' [/sup]
[sup]26[/sup][sup] "For you first, God raised up His Servant and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways." [/sup]
[sup] [/sup]

[sup]So the period of the restoration of all things was all about Christ coming to the Jew first for the forgiveness of sins and then to the Gentiles, so that all mankind would be blessed. God had his plans for restoration well before man seperated into nations and tongues. The period of restoration will end when the Gospel has gone to all tribes ,nations, tongues, and then the end will come.[/sup]
[sup]Whats interesting here is that during this period of the restoration of all things, the earthly land was lost to those Jews who were restored to God through Christ Jesus.[/sup]

[sup]It looks to me that the disciples and even John the baptist expected the kingdom to be restored within the borders of Israel, but it wasnt to be. Jesus himself said that his kingdom was not of this world and ascended to the Fathers house to prepare a place for us there instead.What better outcome could there be?[/sup]
[sup]The Gospel of restoration creates one new man in Christ, no longer Jew and no longer Gentile, preparing a people for himself.[/sup]
[sup]Im thinking that the restoration of all things means returning to the land/state of Eden rather than the land of Israel, where we have access again to the tree of life.... in the new Jerusalem.[/sup]
[sup]In saying that, i do believe that a Jewish return to Israel plays a part toward the end of the period of restoration,but when Christ comes at the end we inherit fully his Kingdom that is not of this world, a new hev and earth, the home of righteousness in the fathers house that Peter looked to.[/sup]

[sup] [/sup]
[sup]And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband[/sup][sup]3[/sup][sup] And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, [/sup]
[sup]4[/sup][sup] and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."[/sup]
[sup]………………………………….[/sup]
[sup]……………………………………[/sup]
[sup]………………………………………[/sup]
[sup]There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; [/sup]
[sup]4[/sup][sup] they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. [/sup]
[sup]5[/sup][sup] And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.[/sup]
[sup] [/sup]
[sup]Now that’s the restoration of all things....Jesus in our heart, Holy Spirit gratefully recieved....The Lord God illumines us, and we shall reign forever and ever in the Fathers embrace, in a place that existed before the world even began,coming down out of heaven from God, prepared for us by the Lord Jesus Christ.[/sup]

Vincent

Sep 6, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Interesting. I have always believed that the restoration of all things as mentioned in Acts 3:21 refers to the new heaven and the new earth. That is truly a restoration of all things. Heaven is restored, earth is restored and God's relationship with man is restored. I had never noticed however that this same phrase was used in regard to John the baptist.

It makes sense that John the baptist prepared the way for the restoration of all things because that restoration can only come through Jesus, but it almost seems to say as though John himself will restore all things. I wonder if this is the result of a poor translation?