PERSECUTION BY STEALTH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps your thoughts are applicable to the UK, but here in the US we have the guarantee of the freedom of religion.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reactions: Pearl and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But USA citizens certainly police the freedom to post God's truth, particularly when they believe that they are right and the other person is wrong because of their beliefs and restrictions.
In a measure the flood gates have held but there have been lots of leaks and there are too many bearing the label of Christian who are pushing against gates from the other side. I am 78 and remember when it was better than today, but even then... not so good.

Also, the number of openly atheistic or agnostic persons, I believe, have been increasing. The Word of God is missing from too many so-called churches. Too many preachers are more interested in tickling someone's ears and lining their own pockets with mammon than in spreading all of the Word of God.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are supposed to have religious freedom here too.
Indeed, dear sister! So, it is. We are supposed to have it, but the pressure is on against anyone who presses back too hard in some areas which the power of men and the devil consider improper politics. How long can freedom of religion under law stand against being their definition of being politically correct? It is not politically correct to stand against same sex marriage or against BLM or against adultery, but if God speaks to our hearts through His Word, what choice do we have?

Some people give in to the pressure doing or saying nothing. Others are perhaps pressured even harder to conform to the ways of men. Will the eroding legal rights we still have under man's law eventually be completely gone? What happened in Hitler's Germany? What compromises were necessary or possible there? And here and now? We may have time, but how much?

Praise His holy name!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Indeed, dear sister! So, it is. We are supposed to have it, but the pressure is on against anyone who presses back too hard in some areas which the power of men and the devil consider improper politics. How long can freedom of religion under law stand against being their definition of being politically correct? It is not politically correct to stand against same sex marriage or against BLM or against adultery, but if God speaks to our hearts through His Word, what choice do we have?

Some people give in to the pressure doing or saying nothing. Others are perhaps pressured even harder to conform to the ways of men. Will the eroding legal rights we still have under man's law eventually be completely gone? What happened in Hitler's Germany? What compromises were necessary or possible there? And here and now? We may have time, but how much?

Praise His holy name!
As children we had morning and evening prayers in our classrooms as well as morning assembly both at primary and secondary level. We had to have bibles too. And we went to Sunday school even though our parents didn't attend church.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As children we had morning and evening prayers in our classrooms as well as morning assembly both at primary and secondary level. We had to have bibles too. And we went to Sunday school even though our parents didn't attend church.
Amen! In your country and in mine some of us can remember when things were different and for us better. Perfect they were not, but still a vast improvement over what I see today... at least for the WASPs in my country. For others they would certainly have something to say about it. Things may have seemed to improve for a time, but was it simply the calm before the storm?

Let give God the glory and trust Him to take us through to the end with Him!

Reactions: Pearl

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting to note:
Many of early settlers in North America came..from England & the Continent.
- To escape persecution..from State & Church Establishment.
---
'Separation of Church & State' issue is still..ongoing/continuing (debates/arguments).
- In United States.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But USA citizens certainly police the freedom to post God's truth, particularly when they believe that they are right and the other person is wrong because of their beliefs and restrictions.

How do US citizens "police" anything? There is a huge difference between policing and disagreeing. Can you give a single example of "policing" the freedom to post God's truth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do US citizens "police" anything? There is a huge difference between policing and disagreeing. Can you give a single example of "policing" the freedom to post God's truth.
Have you never attended a church service where permission was required in advance to speak from the pulpit or even to give a testimony from the audience?

Have you never been on a Christian forum where the moderators edited or deleted posts with which they did not agree? This is one of the better forums [IMHO] and I have had posts deleted here. It really does happen.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you never attended a church service where permission was required in advance to speak from the pulpit or even to give a testimony from the audience?

Have you never been on a Christian forum where the moderators edited or deleted posts with which they did not agree? This is one of the better forums [IMHO] and I have had posts deleted here. It really does happen.

Answer #1: Of course, otherwise chaos would ensue. I was a church elder and always received permission to speak from the pulpit. Also, others were given permission to give a testimony. That has been the case in any meeting, religious or secular. Otherwise chaos would ensue.

Answer #2: I have been on a Christian forum where the moderators edited or deleted posts, because they were enforcing the rules of that forum, otherwise chaos would ensue.

I agree that this is one of the better forums. I have never had a post deleted her, although they have been deleted elsewhere.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer #1: Of course, otherwise chaos would ensue. I was a church elder and always received permission to speak from the pulpit. Also, others were given permission to give a testimony. That has been the case in any meeting, religious or secular. Otherwise chaos would ensue.
Among carnal men or among men quenching the Holy Spirit, I agree that chaos would ensue. I have attended a very few services where the Holy Spirit was leading the way. If they were all like that there would never be chaos; there would never be any confusion; there would be no need to come out of Babylon!

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." I Cor 14:33

Answer #2: I have been on a Christian forum where the moderators edited or deleted posts, because they were enforcing the rules of that forum, otherwise chaos would ensue.

Just like the churches there are carnal men present and there are men who routinely quench the Holy Spirit present on forums.
I agree that this is one of the better forums. I have never had a post deleted her, although they have been deleted elsewhere.
:)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Simply my experience on predominately forums where the predominate membership is USA based.

Also others have supported my POV.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply my experience on predominately forums where the predominate membership is USA based.

Also others have supported my POV.

That is a very poor definition of policing. If you don't like the general feeling on this forum why are you here? Don't they have forums in Australia that are more to your liking?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is a very poor definition of policing. If you don't like the general feeling on this forum why are you here? Don't they have forums in Australia that are more to your liking?

So? Bullying people police their environment and understandings and my experience is the many "bullies" are often mostly from the USA. There are bullies in every country. Russia people are experiencing this. We are experiencing this is Australia, under the guise of we know what is best for you.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? Bullying people police their environment and understandings and my experience is the many "bullies" are often mostly from the USA. There are bullies in every country. Russia people are experiencing this. We are experiencing this is Australia, under the guise of we know what is best for you.
Very true.

Reactions: amadeus

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Forgive my ignorance, is the State influencing the Church?

Yep. They are writing the laws where they believe they are able to influence the Church's behaviour to do what they want.