Personal Relationship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20.

-There is something very personal about Galatians 2:20-

5 times Paul uses the word 'I' making it a very personal note. Have you ever considered that when Christ came into this earth and died, he did it all for just you. If you were the only person alive and needed a savior he would have came all the same.

I am crucified with Christ-the life I live is Christ. The 'I' Paul shows us is a very very personal relationship. When you pray, he hears you like you are the only one talking. You can be in a world full of people and still be the only one he is listening to. I think that is why we get mad sometimes when things don't go our way because we understand that relationship. As we grow then we realize something's get answers and something's don't and you learn the father will always give you what you need for living.

Or we should say "he will always give you what you need, but sometimes it's not what you wanted but it is what you needed. I'm sure I have received things I didn't need. I used to give my kids thing's they didn't necessarily need but I wanted to give it to them. That is a very important part of understanding. I get to know my father, he will never deviate away from his plan for me but he will show us sides to him we never knew.

Reactions: amadeus

Irwin Fletcher

Sep 19, 2020
Cyprus
seeinggodclearly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cyprus
This is one of the most difficult concepts for people coming from a different religious heritage (Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism) to accept. Their view of God is very impersonal and for some it even seems blasphemous to consider the idea of a personal God. I love the beautiful picture of growing in our understanding of God over time, which gives us the proper perspective to understand the world we live.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is one of the most difficult concepts for people coming from a different religious heritage (Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism) to accept. Their view of God is very impersonal and for some it even seems blasphemous to consider the idea of a personal God. I love the beautiful picture of growing in our understanding of God over time, which gives us the proper perspective to understand the world we live.
@Irwin Fletcher This is why the Incarnation (John 1.14; 1 Timothy 3.16, etc.) is such a wondrous truth: the very idea that a Saviour would come into the world.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The gospel will make the impact on those that come from deep religions. A very sound message of truth needs to be reiterated over and over to them. They like all believers need to sit and listen to a seasoned teacher that has understanding. Stay planted until you are bulging at the seams.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The gospel will make the impact on those that come from deep religions. A very sound message of truth needs to be reiterated over and over to them. They like all believers need to sit and listen to a seasoned teacher that has understanding. Stay planted until you are bulging at the seams.
@soul man ....and crave by prayer the work of the Holy Spirit in applying the Word also... :)