Physical Death, Natural (Disease), UnNatural (Murder), Accidental (Curse Of Sin In The World)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was on my way home from work, the Emergency Department, yesterday and after seeing more death (yes my job is morbid at times), I was pondering the role of Satan in the above 3 stated in the title of this post. I believe all 3 types of physical death pretty much sum up the different ways humans pass from this physical life to the next (Heaven, if Jesus is your representative or Hell, if Jesus is not your representative). God is love and I do not believe his hand is the cause of death in the above 3 in the title. However, let's add 1 more type of Death to the above 3. Purposeful Death--as death of a bank robber who was just neutralized by the SWAT team. In a broader sense, Purposeful Death I guess could also be looked at as when US Navy Seals go into another country and neutralize a terrorist or terrorist organization. I believe God only has his hand in the Purposeful Death's of Evil Humans. All other Deaths, I believe come from the Sin Curse of our Present World, which ultimately is from Satan.

1) UnNatural (Murder)--".....You are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. He was a murderer from the beginning" (John 8:44).

So when a human is murdered, it's my opinion that this is 100% Satan's work (influence on the murderer).

2) Natural (Disease)-- "So the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days shall be 120 years.” (Gen. 6:3)

Death in Old Age, Death in Children, what do you think? I also believe this is Satan's work? Revisit the story of Job. God gives Satan permission to cause disease to Job, but not kill him. So in other cases maybe Satan has permission to not only cause disease, but cause physical death to happen also? Either way, I do not believe God has his hand in creating these type of deaths. What do other Christian brothers/sisters on this forum think? Or maybe these types of Death occur from the Sin Curse the World is under because of Adam and Eve? This sin curse would still come ultimately from Satan, making Satan responsible for the actual death in disease?

3) Accidental Death--- as in vehicle accidents, house fires, tornadoes etc. If you look back at the story of Job, ".......when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!" (Job 1:19)

Here again I do not believe God has his hand in these types of Deaths. I think these deaths are caused by Satan?

4) Purposeful Death-- as stated above in my opening paragraph (death of a bank robber who was just neutralized by the SWAT team. In a broader sense, Purposeful Death I guess could also be looked at as when US Navy Seals go into another country and neutralize a terrorist or terrorist organization.) Also to note, depends on your definition of terrorist as evil or not. If truly evil and against Christ's Kingdom, well then I think God's messengers (Angels) very well can cause physical death to the same evil. There are many examples in our Bible. What do you think?

This post, and the responses, are for educational purposes for myself and others. If the Lord willing, I would just like a better understanding and pray for Wisdom and Revelation!

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I was on my way home from work, the Emergency Department, yesterday and after seeing more death (yes my job is morbid at times), I was pondering the role of Satan in the above 3 stated in the title of this post. I believe all 3 types of physical death pretty much sum up the different ways humans pass from this physical life to the next. God is love and I do not believe his hand is the cause of death in the above 3 in the title. However, let's add 1 more type of Death to the above 3. Purposeful Death--as death of a bank robber who was just neutralized by the SWAT team. In a broader sense, Purposeful Death I guess could also be looked at as when US Navy Seals go into another country and neutralize a terrorist or terrorist organization. I believe God only has his hand in the Purposeful Death's of Evil Humans. All other Deaths, I believe come from the Sin Curse of our Present World, which ultimately is from Satan.

1) UnNatural (Murder)--".....You are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. He was a murderer from the beginning" (John 8:44).

So when a human is murdered, it's my opinion that this is 100% Satan's work (influence on the murderer).

2) Natural (Disease)-- "So the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days shall be 120 years.” (Gen. 6:3)

Death in Old Age, Death in Children, what do you think? I also believe this is Satan's work? Revisit the story of Job. God gives Satan permission to cause disease to Job, but not kill him. So in other cases maybe Satan has permission to not only cause disease, but cause physical death to happen also? Either way, I do not believe God has his hand in creating these type of deaths. What do other Christian brothers/sisters on this forum think? Or maybe these types of Death occur from the Sin Curse the World is under because of Adam and Eve? This sin curse would still come ultimately from Satan, making Satan responsible for the actual death in disease?

3) Accidental Death--- as in vehicle accidents, house fires, tornadoes etc. If you look back at the story of Job, ".......when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!" (Job 1:19)

Here again I do not believe God has his hand in these types of Deaths. I think these deaths are caused by Satan?

4) Purposeful Death-- as stated above in my opening paragraph (death of a bank robber who was just neutralized by the SWAT team. In a broader sense, Purposeful Death I guess could also be looked at as when US Navy Seals go into another country and neutralize a terrorist or terrorist organization.) Also to note, depends on your definition of terrorist as evil or not. If truly evil and against Christ's Kingdom, well then I think God's messengers (Angels) very well can cause physical death to the same evil. There are many examples in our Bible. What do you think?

This post, and the responses, are for educational purposes for myself and others. If the Lord willing, I would just like a better understanding and pray for Wisdom and Revelation!

In 1967, the CIA sought out and effected the killing of the Latin American revolutionary, Che Guevara. (Not because the CIA was morally troubled by other killings, but in order to promote perceived US interests.)

At the same time, as reported by Time Magazine, March 3, 1967, the CIA was funding Billy Graham in Latin America. (One may be sure this was not for spiritual reasons, but in order to make Latin Americans more favorable to perceived US interests.)

So these would have been real questions, for 1967: Will the real CIA step forward? will real US interests step forward? will the real Billy Graham step forward?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When we were back in England we knew an old pastor who did not believe that anyone should die of sickness or disease . A missionary couple had come home from serving years in Africa ...the husband was fail and dying. He passed and then the woman got sick. This pastor - said to her " Sister you can go ahead and die and be with your husband, but you are not going to go in the devils chariot. "

He prayed for her and she was healed. She was back in church well again.
In two weeks she died in her sleep. ( not sick) :)

I like Gen 49:33 for a Christian death.

"And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto his people. "

What a way to go...not sick, just a well used body.
We should be able to step out of these shells , and skip off into the next realm with God.

Reactions: jshiii

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In 1967, the CIA sought out and effected the killing of the Latin American revolutionary, Che Guevara. (Not because the CIA was morally troubled by other killings, but in order to promote perceived US interests.)

At the same time, as reported by Time Magazine, March 3, 1967, the CIA was funding Billy Graham in Latin America. (One may be sure this was not for spiritual reasons, but in order to make Latin Americans more favorable to perceived US interests.)

So these would have been real questions, for 1967: Will the real CIA step forward? will real US interests step forward? will the real Billy Graham step forward?

I was just reading an interesting article about how Amazon's series "Jack Ryan" is really just a propaganda piece to bolster America's perception of the Deep State. It's being directed by the CIA now, and evidently the CIA isn't bothered by the fact that the Deep State isn't so deep anymore. They just don't seem to care anymore. The mainstream media is even talking about the deep state now.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I was on my way home from work, the Emergency Department, yesterday and after seeing more death (yes my job is morbid at times), I was pondering the role of Satan in the above 3 stated in the title of this post. I believe all 3 types of physical death pretty much sum up the different ways humans pass from this physical life to the next. God is love and I do not believe his hand is the cause of death in the above 3 in the title. However, let's add 1 more type of Death to the above 3. Purposeful Death--as death of a bank robber who was just neutralized by the SWAT team. In a broader sense, Purposeful Death I guess could also be looked at as when US Navy Seals go into another country and neutralize a terrorist or terrorist organization. I believe God only has his hand in the Purposeful Death's of Evil Humans. All other Deaths, I believe come from the Sin Curse of our Present World, which ultimately is from Satan.

Lately I've begun to think that death was originally ordained by God. The problem isn't death per se. It's perfectly natural for the physical transient universe to pass away. The problem is in identifying with it. That seems to me to be Adam's sin. He was created to reflect God, but instead began reflecting himself, and the world around him. So instead of identifying with God, he identified with a world that was destined to die.

Jesus comes along and points out that if you deny this foolish idea, you see who you really are; i.e. a reflection of God.

So it's really just a matter of who you reflect. Reflect life and live, or reflect death and die. I guess it's really a matter of dying to death to live the life of abundance.

In other words, salvation comes through suffering and death, and there can be no sting if one doesn't identify with what is destined to die.

Reactions: Helen and jshiii

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lately I've begun to think that death was originally ordained by God. The problem isn't death per se. It's perfectly natural for the physical transient universe to pass away. The problem is in identifying with it. That seems to me to be Adam's sin. He was created to reflect God, but instead began reflecting himself, and the world around him. So instead of identifying with God, he identified with a world that was destined to die.

Jesus comes along and points out that if you deny this foolish idea, you see who you really are; i.e. a reflection of God.

So it's really just a matter of who you reflect. Reflect life and live, or reflect death and die. I guess it's really a matter of dying to death to live the life of abundance.

In other words, salvation comes through suffering and death, and there can be no sting if one doesn't identify with what is destined to die.

I like your perspective. I had to read it twice, a very good way to view death vs life as a Christian. Thanks for replying.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yea, not sure if this was just a secular movement or a movement influenced by the Kingdom Of God (Jesus)

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we were back in England we knew an old pastor who did not believe that anyone should die of sickness or disease . A missionary couple had come home from serving years in Africa ...the husband was fail and dying. He passed and then the woman got sick. This pastor - said to her " Sister you can go ahead and die and be with your husband, but you are not going to go in the devils chariot. "

He prayed for her and she was healed. She was back in church well again.
In two weeks she died in her sleep. ( not sick) :)

I like Gen 49:33 for a Christian death.

"And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto his people. "

What a way to go...not sick, just a well used body.
We should be able to step out of these shells , and skip off into the next realm with God.

This is exactly how my Uncle passed away Helen. Just went to bed peacefully one night and was gone by morning (He was up there in AGE, could have just had a heart attack, it stopped pumping). I didn't see where he suffered any though. He was an Elder in my childhood church. We can only hope to follow the same way. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen