Pictures of nature at it's best

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sup all, post any wonderful pictures of nature, space, cute animals, have fun!

Here's a picture of an aurora, anyone from Victoria would be amazed where this picture is taken at, it was taken from Pakenham South, which is crazy. Those living in the Northern hemisphere, the distance from the poles from Pakenham South to South Pole is probably equivalent to the northern border of Oklahoma to the North Pole, so for someone to get a picture of an aurora like that there is crazy.

I have experimented around before trying to get pictures of Auroras at Kp 5 and Kp 6, maybe tried at Kp 7 too, I have kinda given up, and put that failed-hobby to rest, maybe 1 day it will be successful hobby, I live 40 km from the city and it's near impossible to get a picture of an Aurora, or see an aurora, because I live on a small mountain range and we get all the light pollution coming from the city, Dandenong and Frankston, which basically lights up the whole sky with artificial light, i have tried different settings, iso 200, 400, 1600, 3200 LOL, and anything up to 15 seconds, because that's the longest, slowest shutter speed, any of my cameras can do, have had a mess around with aperture.

Fact - A camera can see an Aurora much clearer than the naked eye, so just because you can't see an aurora, it does not mean you cannot capture a picture of one, but you can get a good picture with the right settings on your camera and the right conditions.

Anyone who has tried to take a picture of a night sky would know the difficulties of getting a clear picture.

If there are any night photographers on this forum, it would be great to learn more and see what settings you use for night photography and kind of camera would be great to know too. I might get back into this one day, whether you're talented or not, it's pretty fun taking pictures of nature.

So anyway this picture was taken by Rusty Mcgrath. Pretty amazing.

18698551_308560842934048_4948225448816711613_n.jpg

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Snow in between Crookwell & Gunning, New South Wales, Australia, I don't know what year it was taken, I guess it could have been from last winter though.

Picture by Toni Keen

18881842_1312573805524077_9196781402742975381_n.jpg

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When i look at this, I think of fairies hahahhaha, anyway, cool man, where about is this?

In a wood in the North of England, alongside the Trent and Mersey Canal

Here is a nice sunset at Weston-Super-Mare.

Sunset_zps2bmwgzdt.jpg

Reactions: Job and Josho

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
This is 360 degree polarama of the sunrise at my place last weekend. If you google how to make a polarama you will find the info. It's a lot of fun for people who like to make panoramas.

polarama.jpg

Reactions: Josho and Job

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Angelina Well that is yours...this is mine..thankfully it's melting and hoping to get a reprieve before the real winter hits.
IMG_1777.jpeg

Reactions: Job and prashanthd