Please Close This Thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
flawed reasoning

I don't know any believers that are curious about what JW's do behind closed doors. What are we missing?

Why is it called a "kingdom hall"?

Do you go to another spiritual dimension together? Or is that just a moniker like the title JW...as in "You are My witnesses? "

Clever marketing for the religious consumer?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What we actually are and how we believe why we believe and ehat we believe.

I think we already know what is lacking...in what you don't believe.

But how is your group Christian?
Do you know what it means to walk in the power of the Spirit?
Do you believe in the grace that overcomes all sin?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I don't know any believers that are curious about what JW's do behind closed doors. What are we missing?

Why is it called a "kingdom hall"?

Do you go to another spiritual dimension together? Or is that just a moniker like the title JW...as in "You are My witnesses? "

Clever marketing for the religious consumer?
Do you get your info from the first anti jw link you search for just Curious

Reactions: Harvest 1874

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I think we already know what is lacking...in what you don't believe.

But how is your group Christian?
Do you know what it means to walk in the power of the Spirit?
Do you believe in the grace that overcomes all sin?
1. we believe in jesus christ. We offer prays in his name.

2. Can't answer that cause i am still progressing.

3. I don't know what the official stance is but no.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I have no interest. Never looked up anything to do with JW's...or Reverend Moon either, for that matter. I tend to not be a curious person.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Remember one of my posts where I said that you were making yourself different and separate from the rest of us...rather than just joining in with the other members here ?

You answered that you were not being special or different...

Well here you are again...since you arrived you have taken the "You in your corner and in me in mine...

You Obviously have not joined this forum for any fellowship, but just to keep proving that you are "different" to the rest of us who are a mis-mash of multi-denominational, Nonconformists, Catholics and Seventh Day Adventists.

So stop posturing and either join in the threads here and be just "one of the members"....or go and play with your JW friends.

All you are doing is continually drawing attention to yourself....

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worked for 8 years with a JW. We spent many weeks on the road together, and I attended several Tuesday night meetings with him. I found it to be mainly a time of training indoctrination to teach how to get the better of the "unchurched", especially, and doctrine Christians too. I even watched them make fun of getting over on Christians by utilizing the standard tactics they were taught to refute any number of Scriptural points. Frankly, it wasn't pretty..... just about as bad as the sites that tell Christians the specific "tricks" to pull on JW's in order to catch them flat-footed..

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Remember one of my posts where I said that you were making yourself different and separate from the rest of us...rather than just joining in with the other members here ?

You answered that you were being special or different...

Well here you are again...since you arrived you have taken the "You in your corner and in me in mine...

You Obviously have not joined this forum for any fellowship, but just to keep proving that you are "different" to the rest of us who are a mis-mash of multi-denominationional, Nonconformists, Catholics and Seventh Day Adventists.

So stop posturing and either join in the threads here and be just "one of the members....or go and play with your JW friends.

All you are doing is continually drawing attention to yourself....
Nope

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mr. Michael,
Let me tell you what my friend ByGrace is getting at. Instead of complaining about being different and how everyone treats you, why not just join in the conversation? We have all types here... And if you get ridiculed, well... Unfortunately here that means you are actually fitting in.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are they postive negative or neutral.

You already know my position.
Warning: You're not going to like this answer. Really not going to like it. I foresee you pouting here and lashing out, because this is not remotely flattering. But if you're interested in the 100% honest recount of my experience, read below. If you only want to hear positive things, do NOT read this.

I'm a religious nerd, and love to attend different services to see the people there, to better come to understand and love them. So, name a group, Christian or not, I've probably been there half a dozen times. I've done this for +15 years at this point, and by and large usually have a positive experience and smiling at people love of God.

The single glaring exception to this positive trend is visiting JW. It was... a horrible experience. I come with a smile trying to be friendly, and... I was treated like a stake that walked into a hungry lions den. That no one cared about me except as a piece of meat to "save". When I would talk to people and not follow a script it... it was like watching a train fall off the tracks-- they didn't know how to talk to me except on that one track path. They didn't comprehend the questions I tried to ask them. And then I literally watched them practice "evangelizing" by reciting scripts! And the sermon was 100% fear-based egotism akin to other folks sermons of "everyone else is going to die but us!".

I left, completely and utterly repulsed.

But I'm a stubborn person and try to be optimistic, and thought "ok, so that Kingdom Hall is a bad place. Probably a fluke- cause flukes happen. I'll try another one in another city" (I was traveling a lot back then). So I tried a second in a second city-- if possible it was a worse experience. Being stubborn, I tried a third, and a fourth, and a fifth, in a variety of different meeting types. So many things-- a phobia of learning, a phobia of others, praising persecution that they enforced even on their own family members. And never a mention of following Christ, a relationship with Him, or anything honestly love motivated.

Again, I'm stubborn. Stupidly stubborn. I thought "There has to be some logic here, some love, that they at least see themselves and understand, some beauty there." After all, I'm a person who walks into mosques, wiccan halls, hindu temples, Scientology places, etc, and I always do find some measure of beauty there.

So I search more and more for months. I want through literature after literature, met with their missionaries, scoured their website, asked all sorts of congregation members. And.... the exact words of my thoughts were "this ice cream tastes like vomit. Did the first bite, and the next container of it and the 5th after that. How much vomit ice cream and I going to force myself to go through looking for something good?"

So I stopped. And I walked away from it. In 15 years of religious studies, it is the only faith I have walked away from. I was so... calling it "empty handed" doesn't fit the bill. I wasn't empty handed-- I was in desperate need of a shower.

Now, do I shut out every JW individual based on this experience? No. In fact I still happily talk to JW and along with any other folk, to see them as an individuals. I'll happily say I have even had some positive encounters with some individuals. But you'll never again see me enter a Kingdom Hall. Mosque? Sure. Wiccan hall? Sure. But never again a Kingdom Hall.

Reactions: Truth