Please Pray For My Job Situation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have made an appointment with my boss for Thursday. At the moment we have been shortstaffed in my area of work which is right across the country in general.

Just last week a girl who works with us, who is basically a superstar worker, wanted to change her shifts to enable her to spend more time with her mother who has 6 months to live and take care of her niece but my boss is not willing to negotiate her hours so she had to put in her resignation.

Due to my own health situation, I also want to negotiate my hours. My plan is to remove 2 rostered shifts so that I am able recuperate from a knee and back injury and also help a family member in her ministry.

If she chooses to not negotiate, I will have to put in my resignation also. This has been a good job with good wages but it is very hard on the body which is starting to effect my work abilities.

Please pray that the outcome of this meeting may be in accordance to God's will.

Thank you.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have made an appointment with my boss for Thursday. At the moment we have been shortstaffed in my area of work which is right across the country in general.

Just last week a girl who works with us, who is basically a superstar worker, wanted to change her shifts to enable her to spend more time with her mother who has 6 months to live and take care of her niece but my boss is not willing to negotiate her hours so she had to put in her resignation.

Due to my own health situation, I also want to negotiate my hours. My plan is to remove 2 rostered shifts so that I am able recuperate from a knee and back injury and also help a family member in her ministry.

If she chooses to not negotiate, I will have to put in my resignation also. This has been a good job with good wages but it is very hard on the body which is starting to effect my work abilities.

Please pray that the outcome of this meeting may be in accordance to God's will.

Thank you.

I hope your boss is reasonable and it goes well.
Make sure you make it clear that you will have to resign if the conditions aren't met.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Angelina May the Lord's peace rest within you as you speak openly with your supervising boss. May you have an open ear to hear the prompting of the Lord in this discussion and respond accordingly.

May the Lord reveal to your before Thursday what He requires of you in the ministry that He has for you to do and that His peace will remain with you as you step into this ministry whether it remains within the scope of your present job or whether the Lord requires you to step out into in new ministry direction with your friend. That the means to support your new direct of ministry will provide the confirmation for you to move into this new ministry for you.

May the Lord's direction become clear before you have your meeting on Thursday.

Shalom

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you.
Praying for both your job situation and your health!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you.
If she values your work and the number of her staff is really low there may be a compromise. It might not be exactly what you propose. Would half of what you want suffice? Are you willing to compromise or not? I pray her decision will favour your intentions.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you.

Praying for a good outcome Angelina, tough decision. I too had to stop working because of 2 bad accidents in my 20's. Pushed myself way to long and am now paying dearly for it. God bless your decision. I think He will want you to help in ministry! JMO.
xx

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My meeting with the boss has finally come up. Should be in discussion tomorrow morning. Thanks for your prayers everyone as the Lord does battle on my behalf according to his will, with support from the uplifting prayers of the saints. Blessings! :)
You are not alone in your plight. Get the rest you need and prepare your words as inspired by God. He knows your needs and I'm praying for you that you get the result you seek Angelina.:)

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you.
Precious friend, will pray for you...

God's GRACE Word In our infirmities!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Never too late, Gods perfect timing :) ....she battled with me at first because that's her personality. I had to do a RATS test before entering the work place and I know it was just a process to wittle me down but it didn't bother me at all. After negotiating back and forth, she finally said that I need to put it in writing to have one night shift removed also stressing that I will not get those days back but I don't want them back. I can survive with the amount I have. Then I tried to negotiate another shift to be removed but she wouldn't move on it for now. I think this is how God wants it for the time. Praise Jesus and thanks for all those wonderful prayers xox 2dwi96s.gif

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Never too late, Gods perfect timing :) ....she battled with me at first because that's her personality. I had to do a RATS test before entering the work place and I know it was just a process to wittle me down but it didn't bother me at all. After negotiating back and forth, she finally said that I need to put it in writing to have one night shift removed also stressing that I will not get those days back but I don't want them back. I can survive with the amount I have. Then I tried to negotiate another shift to be removed but she wouldn't move on it for now. I think this is how God wants it for the time. Praise Jesus and thanks for all those wonderful prayers xox View attachment 22878
May God bless you as you take on new initiatives in changed rosters at this time. And may you find rest for your own body and healing.