Please pray for wisdom for crucial decisions I need to make

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm facing two crucial decisions - actually three - that I need to make. I've been struggling to get some kind of direction from God and nothing has come clear. It's frustrating because if I make the wrong decision in any of the choices it could lead to bad consequences. I would sincerely appreciate others prayers:)

Reactions: brakelite and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm facing two crucial decisions - actually three - that I need to make. I've been struggling to get some kind of direction from God and nothing has come clear. It's frustrating because if I make the wrong decision in any of the choices it could lead to bad consequences. I would sincerely appreciate others prayers:)

Do you have time limit on your decisions?
I think you are getting frustrated, and, in my experience, the more we 'try' to hear, the less peace we have...and we can only hear God when we are calm and have trust and peace that He will not lead us wrong.

God bless you...and may the right doors open up to you.
Helen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've got my prayers!

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are getting frustrated, and, in my experience, the more we 'try' to hear, the less peace we have...and we can only hear God when we are calm and have trust and peace that He will not lead us wrong.

Helen
I appreciate the snippets of wisdom from others - it's good to bring this among a body of believers when you need wisdom. The one decision is somewhat pressing but I think I am going to walk away from thinking about it and not try so hard. I just read a quote from Einstein that when he has a problem to solve he walks away from it and the answer pops into his mind. That intrigued me because I'm trying to get in tune with God's guidance and voice. So I think you may have a point.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Prayers for guidance, wisdom and peace. ♥

B

Butterfly

I have discovered that sometimes God allows us to simply make choice that we prefer - it's not always about a right or wrong one. When you say they could lead to bad consequences, is that because you are perhaps fearful of the outcome because it's taking you out of a comfort zone ( just speaking from my own experience- when I divorced I had to make all kinds of new decisions and it was kind of scary because I knew that I would have to face the consequences of those choices, I couldn't blame anyone else if I got it wrong- so it was more a confidence issue and I had to learn to take responsibility. )
Maybe God is endeavouring to help you take a leap of faith and to trust that he cares and will be with you either way xxxx
It's so hard when we have so many choices to make.
Will be praying xx
Rita

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have discovered that sometimes God allows us to simply make choice that we prefer - it's not always about a right or wrong one. When you say they could lead to bad consequences, is that because you are perhaps fearful of the outcome because it's taking you out of a comfort zone ( just speaking from my own experience- when I divorced I had to make all kinds of new decisions and it was kind of scary because I knew that I would have to face the consequences of those choices, I couldn't blame anyone else if I got it wrong- so it was more a confidence issue and I had to learn to take responsibility. )
Maybe God is endeavouring to help you take a leap of faith and to trust that he cares and will be with you either way xxxx
Will be praying xx
Rita
I think that the Psalms contain so many varieties of experiences, emotions and perplexities that the beleving reader can learn from....

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will be praying xx
Rita
Thanks for that bit of wisdom. One decision could be classified as taking me out of my comfort zone:) The other isn't.

It's very hard when we have multiple choices. I grasp your point: some things are about personal preference but others are of a more serious nature. One is about a move. I know Helen said she got direction about moving before on the side of a truck. I don't doubt that God could speak that way. I don't want to get stuck in the wrong place and you also lose money when you move. The other decision is more serious.

That must have been hard after a divorce to suddenly begin making all the decisions instead of joint decisions. All the weight is then put on you instead of shared.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This may or may not pertain but I will throw it out there. Sometimes we come to a 'Y' in the road in our lives. And we suppose God is going down one of those paths and I need to figure out which one. But in reality, which ever one I go down, He is going with me. I just choose and go.

Stranger

B

Butterfly

Thanks for that bit of wisdom. One decision could be classified as taking me out of my comfort zone:) The other isn't.

It's very hard when we have multiple choices. I grasp your point: some things are about personal preference but others are of a more serious nature. One is about a move. I know Helen said she got direction about moving before on the side of a truck. I don't doubt that God could speak that way. I don't want to get stuck in the wrong place and you also lose money when you move. The other decision is more serious.

That must have been hard after a divorce to suddenly begin making all the decisions instead of joint decisions. All the weight is then put on you instead of shared.
I find direct guidence when I moved after my divorce, I knew it was the right thing to do. God had laid things on my heart long before the time came. However it was with work that I find it much more confusing - even to this day I have no idea if I am where Gods wants me to be - having said that, I have prayed for things linked to the work place environment and answers have come.

I think a move is a pretty big thing, especially in the US , don't different states have different rules ect , but also there is just so much distance between states.
( I think the UK fits into one state so many times !!! )
All the best as you endeavour to make the choices you need to make xx
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know Helen said she got direction about moving before on the side of a truck. I don't doubt that God could speak that way. I don't want to get stuck in the wrong place and you also lose money when you move. The other decision is more serious.

Haha!...Not so fast there. I never did say that we "got direction"..
We already had the word from the Lord, we already had confirmations on it..the advert was ( we felt) a humorous extra confirmation from the Lord.

There is a great difference between "direction" and 'confirmation'!!
Direction must always come directly from the Lord Himself, via His word. Then He usually clarifies it more by confirming it..that can be by many different ways ...

Deut - "but in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established" . ..

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may or may not pertain but I will throw it out there. Sometimes we come to a 'Y' in the road in our lives. And we suppose God is going down one of those paths and I need to figure out which one. But in reality, which ever one I go down, He is going with me. I just choose and go.

Stranger
Amen! Well put.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Problem with frustration it speaks of lack of faith, we are supposed to be at peace. Last time we moved over 3 years ago now, when I saw this place I new straight away it was the right one, 4 bedroom and at the time 2 kitchens, By the time we moved in the second kitchen had being removed and so i got my own little office space, so 5 rooms for the price of 4, not only that God provided the means to pay for the extra rent, they also put in a granny flat out the back and fenced off part of the yard which means I have less maintenance to do, than my grand daughters school is at the end of the street just like the last house, but this house is so much cooler than the last, and with the weather we have we need it. So God gain has provided and given more than asked as He does, His warehouse is huge if we would but make our request.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find direct guidence when I moved after my divorce, I knew it was the right thing to do. God had laid things on my heart long before the time came. However it was with work that I find it much more confusing - even to this day I have no idea if I am where Gods wants me to be - having said that, I have prayed for things linked to the work place environment and answers have come.

I think a move is a pretty big thing, especially in the US , don't different states have different rules ect , but also there is just so much distance between states.
( I think the UK fits into one state so many times !!! )
All the best as you endeavour to make the choices you need to make xx
Rita
Yes each state has its own laws. I don't like the way the entire country has gone and had actually thought about leaving but don't have a lot of money to work with. The UK has many of the same problems. But I've been wanting to get out of our state forever. High taxes, ugly, rising property taxes.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha!...Not so fast there. I never did say that we "got direction"..
We already had the word from the Lord, we already had confirmations on it..the advert was ( we felt) a humorous extra confirmation from the Lord.

There is a great difference between "direction" and 'confirmation'!!
Direction must always come directly from the Lord Himself, via His word. Then He usually clarifies it more by confirming it..that can be by many different ways ...

Deut - "but in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established" . ..
Glad you clarified. Did you feel an inner sense of "rightness" or something? I'm not getting that so don't have anything to confirm.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Problem with frustration it speaks of lack of faith, we are supposed to be at peace. Last time we moved over 3 years ago now, when I saw this place I new straight away it was the right one, 4 bedroom and at the time 2 kitchens, By the time we moved in the second kitchen had being removed and so i got my own little office space, so 5 rooms for the price of 4, not only that God provided the means to pay for the extra rent, they also put in a granny flat out the back and fenced off part of the yard which means I have less maintenance to do, than my grand daughters school is at the end of the street just like the last house, but this house is so much cooler than the last, and with the weather we have we need it. So God gain has provided and given more than asked as He does, His warehouse is huge if we would but make our request.
Well I made my request and I'm still unsure which way to go. The decision is important because it will affect family members who will likely move with us. So there is an extra layer of pressure. I'm looking for some signpost to point the way as I'm not getting any inner leanings.

B

brakelite

Stranger
I like that. @Soverign Grace I well remember a choice my wife and I made to move to another city just a couple of years after we first married. I knew in my heart of hearts it was a wrong move but I did so to please my wife. The only difference it made to God was that He had to work His angels twice as hard to get us back to where we should have been...yet even the errors of our youth taught us many things, one principle factor is that whatever we choose, God is faithful and will never forsake us and leave us in the dark, but like a good Shepherd, will steer us back to good pastures if we err. Even deliberately as I did.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like that. @Soverign Grace I well remember a choice my wife and I made to move to another city just a couple of years after we first married. I knew in my heart of hearts it was a wrong move but I did so to please my wife. The only difference it made to God was that He had to work His angels twice as hard to get us back to where we should have been...yet even the errors of our youth taught us many things, one principle factor is that whatever we choose, God is faithful and will never forsake us and leave us in the dark, but like a good Shepherd, will steer us back to good pastures if we err. Even deliberately as I did.
Good story. The only difference is that you were younger when you made that mistake. When you're younger you can usually recover financially. When you're older your production days are gone and the only money you have is what you saved, so the decision holds a far greater weight. But it's still good to hear that you knew in your heart of hearts that you shouldn't move but ignored that anyway. I'm trying to get to that sense of inner knowing.

Reactions: brakelite