Politics and violence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. So in recent weeks, we’ve been hearing about new indictments and information concerning last Jan 6. And it has often been a complicated issue for me because i find politics in general brings out the worst in people.

should christians fight back against tyrannical govts?? There are so many instances where govts have done terrible things to its people, is it justifiable to ever fight back?

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. So in recent weeks, we’ve been hearing about new indictments and information concerning last Jan 6. And it has often been a complicated issue for me because i find politics in general brings out the worst in people.

should christians fight back against tyrannical govts?? There are so many instances where govts have done terrible things to its people, is it justifiable to ever fight back?

No it is not. Vengeance is mine said the lord. All govts are corrupt to the core. Jesus has promised to crush every one of them off of Gods earth. Daniel 2:44--- And at Revelation 16 it clearly shows that with 3 inspired expressions satan will mislead every kingdom( Govt, armies, supporters to stand in opposition to Gods king Jesus. Rev 19:11-on is the result) He has them now as well. So no matter what you do they will be corrupt until that point. A christian only needs 1 vote in their lifetime-Jesus as king.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some thoughts:
  • Isn't this just a variation on the question about whether there is such a thing as a "Just War"?
  • We are commanded to obey human governments, but there are times when we must say with Peter, "We must obey God rather than men!"
  • When we use the weapons of this world, it is spiritually corrupting. Those taking the sword, perish by the sword.
  • History shows what "Christian" theocracies become.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Well, a point could be made that Christians fought against tyranny to found the USA.

Why wouldn't we fight to preserve it today?
Tyranny only gains a foothold if people are indifferent to what's being taken from them.

The mask mandate in public places went into effect again a few days ago.
It's hard to miss how many people are sick and tired of just that form of government control in this area.
So, the attitude of fed up with the Fed is there.

The next revolution , to be successful, needs to use the Feds weapon and turn it against them.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The next revolution , to be successful, needs to use the Feds weapon and turn it against them.

I'm having nothing to do with this, violence is not the answer.

I think we all gotta step back and realize how good we have it in the west, especially here in Australia, masks are no problem, if we look at Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Somalia and other countries of Africa, the Middle East and Asia, where many Christians die just because of their faith in Jesus, where there's rockets firing in the sky in some of these countries, where many are living in poverty struggling to put meals on tables and many are starving (sure there are charities, but there are still very many that cannot find the help they need in time), we have a very comfortable life and we gotta realize how blessed we really are, we got a lot to thank God for and be thankful for. These restrictions in the west are nothing.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think we all gotta step back and realize how good we have it in the west, especially here in Australia, masks are no problem, if we look at Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Somalia and other countries of Africa, the Middle East and Asia, where many Christians die just because of their faith in Jesus, where there's rockets firing in the sky in some of these countries, where many are living in poverty struggling to put meals on tables and many are starving (sure there are charities, but there are still very many that cannot find the help they need in time), we have a very comfortable life and we gotta realize how blessed we really are, we got a lot to thank God for and be thankful for. These restrictions in the west are nothing.

the issue here is what do you do when govt chips away at your “comfortable” life. Were the people at the capital in the wrong?? Govt has shown it cant/wont do what is right by its people. So do we just roll over, show our bellies??

Reactions: Oceanprayers

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I wasn't talking about violence. The Feds haven't yet used violence to obtain control during this pandemic.

I'm talking about their weapon wherein they shut down the country, lockdown our freedom of movement unless we're an essential worker, and then pay us an incentive to stay home.

The weapon we can employ is to stay home of our own accord.
No slaves working the field.
What happens then to the masters crops?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wasn't talking about violence. The Feds haven't yet used violence to obtain control during this pandemic.

I'm talking about their weapon wherein they shut down the country, lockdown our freedom of movement unless we're an essential worker, and then pay us an incentive to stay home.

The weapon we can employ is to stay home of our own accord.
No slaves working the field.
What happens then to the masters crops?

I haven't heard of a vaccine mandate for fruit pickers in Australia, from what I know, I don't know about USA.

Instead there is a shortage of fruit pickers and the farmers need people to take up those jobs, but not many Aussies want to do those fruit picking jobs.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I haven't heard of a vaccine mandate for fruit pickers in Australia, from what I know, I don't know about USA.

Instead there is a shortage of fruit pickers and the farmers need people to take up those jobs, but not many Aussies want to do those fruit picking jobs.
Then as in America Aussies shouldn't complain about illegals, if the citizens won't do the work.

Years ago, I think it was Democrat Al Gore, who said we needed to be more tolerant of illegals. Because who is going to work our fields when citizens don't want that line of work.

Reactions: Nancy

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But in response to this thread, the disciples did not use violence in the New Testament, except for Peter drawing the sword and striking of an ear from Malchus, which we know Jesus told him to put down his sword, and Jesus then went to heal Malchus's ear.

We have to remember that they were living under a non-Christian Roman government in the New Testament, and that government was violent, but the disciples still didn't use violence in return against them.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then as in America Aussies shouldn't complain about illegals, if the citizens won't do the work.

Years ago, I think it was Democrat Al Gore, who said we needed to be more tolerant of illegals. Because who is going to work our fields when citizens don't want that line of work.

Australia has been tough on borders for a number of years now, but the government definitely needs more compassion on the refugees and illegal immigrants here for genuine reasons for a better life or to escape violence, these people have been locked up in detention centres for far too long.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was jan 6 a sin??

Of course. most things in this world is. Jesus said
Some thoughts:
  • Isn't this just a variation on the question about whether there is such a thing as a "Just War"?
  • We are commanded to obey human governments, but there are times when we must say with Peter, "We must obey God rather than men!"
  • When we use the weapons of this world, it is spiritually corrupting. Those taking the sword, perish by the sword.
  • History shows what "Christian" theocracies become.

Followers of Jesus would NEVER stand on both sides killing each other.( rev war--civil war--ww1--ww2) These teachers-2Cor 11:12-15) have allowed it to occur. By throwing Jesus away to accomplish it.. probably what is spoken of as part of fornicating with the kings of the earth.

Reactions: Cassandra

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a segment of Christianity that has a persecution complex. And their actions can cause a self fulfilling prophecy. Beat me harder for Christ! Obey the governments! If we did that we would be under Nazi rule.

Slaves obey your masters! Christians would still be practicing polygamy and concubinage. Monogamy is an option and no requirement for wedding ceremonies.....take your women. Bohemian lifestyle prescribed by Christ. Women's rights!? Oh those women should know their place!

Biblically speaking....Bible only....all this is true. You cannot say that people that believe this are wrong .....biblically.

Someone says, "Isn't Christianity about doing the right thing!"
They respond with, "Oh no! Heaven forbid! That is human reasoning!"

That is the problem with forming religions....30,000 denominations....so lots and lots of religions off of the information given in the first 65 years of Christianity. 2000 years of Christianity. 2000 years of God interacting with Christians. 2000 years of the Holy Spirit teaching us what is right. The Bible is only part of the story.

Who would want us to let evil take over? Who would want us to own slaves? Who would want us to keep women as second rate citizens in society and the church? Who would have wanted us to continue with polygamy and concubinage?

With this attitude America would have never been formed and we would all be under the rule of evil. If God would not have motivated Emperor Constantine to embrace Christianity, the Roman empire would have killed off the Christians and the Bible would only be a historical book and the world would be Pagan.

The Holy Spirit has taught Christianity a lot since the Bible.

Give evil no tolerance, no mercy, no quarter!

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a segment of Christianity that has a persecution complex. And their actions can cause a self fulfilling prophecy. Beat me harder for Christ! Obey the governments! If we did that we would be under Nazi rule.

Slaves obey your masters! Christians would still be practicing polygamy and concubinage. Monogamy is an option and no requirement for wedding ceremonies.....take your women. Bohemian lifestyle prescribed by Christ. Women's rights!? Oh those women should know their place!

Biblically speaking....Bible only....all this is true. You cannot say that people that believe this are wrong .....biblically.

That is the problem with forming religions....30,000 denominations....so lots and lots of religions off of the information given in the first 65 years of Christianity. 2000 years of Christianity. 2000 years of God interacting with Christians. 2000 years of the Holy Spirit teaching us what is right. The Bible is only part of the story.

Who would want us to let evil take over? Who would want us to own slaves? Who would want us to keep women as second rate citizens in society and the church? Who would have wanted us to continue with polygamy and concubinage?

With this attitude America would have never been formed and we would all be under the rule of evil. If God would not motivated Emperor Constantine to embrace Christianity, the Roman empire would have killed off the Christians and the Bible would only be a historical book and the world would be Pagan.

Actually if the pretenders of clergys told the young men not to kill their own brothers in Christ who would be standing on the other side by applying Jesus. They never would allowed the young men to kill for a power mad mass murderer named Hitler to begin with and he wouldnt have had enough armies left to attack anyone. But in their darkness allowed it because it was the servants of YHWH(Jehovah) who were in the concentration camps being murdered. And those were exposing the falseness of their religions , they didnt want that.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord, Your people are spiritually sick. And worse, we think we are well and are blind to our own sickness. And so we choose up teams to kill each other. Heal our blindness. Heal our sickness. Bring us to repentance that we may be Your people in this world. I ask in the name of the Great Physician. Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

With this attitude America would have never been formed and we would all be under the rule of evil. If God would not motivated Emperor Constantine to embrace Christianity, the Roman empire would have killed off the Christians and the Bible would only be a historical book and the world would be Pagan.

Did you miss these facts? The white men came over here and murdered and stole this country, murdered millions of Indians. Probably worse than what Hitler accomplished. Then enslaved black men and treated yellow men like dogs. How great was that? And i would bet they were called heros. Some try to say this country was founded on christianity--just the opposite is reality. So pure evil founded the usa.

Reactions: Nancy

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you miss these facts? The white men came over here and murdered and stole this country, murdered millions of Indians.

The history of the "practice" of conquest goes a lot further back than the American Indians. Same thing goes for slaves.
It goes back further than the Hebrews....who had slaves....it goes back to where God showed them the promise land and said it was theirs and told them to serve the eviction notice and kill all that breaths.
During the timeline of history....conquests were happening in several regions.
At one time Rome was the power. Roman empire
Then you had the Holy Roman empire.
At one time Britain was the power and had conquered all way down to India and Africa. British Empire
Europeans had conquered South America.
As I keep saying the Holy Spirit has taught us a lot since the Bible and we do not conquer anymore and in war we do not kill all that breaths and keep the virgins.

We....Christians have learned a lot since the Bible, and the Fundamentalists have learned a lot since the Bible, but they pretend that it was in the Bible to start with.

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The history of the "practice" of conquest goes a lot further back than the American Indians. Same thing goes for slaves.
It goes back further than the Hebrews....who had slaves....it goes back to where God showed them the promise land and said it was theirs and told them to serve the eviction notice and kill all that breaths.
During the timeline of history....conquests were happening in several regions.
At one time Rome was the power. Roman empire
Then you had the Holy Roman empire.
At one time Britain was the power and had conquered all way down to India and Africa. British Empire
Europeans had conquered South America.
As I keep saying the Holy Spirit has taught us a lot since the Bible and we do not conquer anymore and in war we do not kill all that breaths and keep the virgins.

We....Christians have learned a lot since the Bible, and the Fundamentalists have learned a lot since the Bible, but they pretend that it was in the Bible to start with.

God ordered that stuff in the OT. It ended with the new covenant= LOVE. One does not kill their own brothers in Christ--No real follower ever has nor any of Jesus real teachers would allow it. It takes throwing Jesus away to accomplish it.