POLL: Was Jesus PERFECT?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Jesus PERFECT? --- Sinless, YES; but Perfect??

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Haven't thought about it ...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Sometimes church doctrines remove us from the TRUTH of Scripture. They often gloss over specifics and we end up with generalities. So we know that Jesus was sinless, which often equates "sinless" as "perfect", and they're not the same. -- Thus this Poll, and more importantly, the exhortation to read, research, and become intimate with Scripture and thereby our Saviour! :)

Thanks,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Sometimes church doctrines remove us from the TRUTH of Scripture. They often gloss over specifics and we end up with generalities. So we know that Jesus was sinless, which often equates "sinless" as "perfect", and they're not the same. -- Thus this Poll, and more importantly, the exhortation to read, research, and become intimate with Scripture and thereby our Saviour! :)

Thanks,
Bobby Jo

IMHO Christ Himself in His divinity is, of course perfect in every way. I also believe that although Jesus was sinless, He also had to learn for His humanity and to grow but, He always heard His Father voice :)
Again, JMHO

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bobby Jo
I won't vote because most people make a presumption as what God calls perfect. Job was perfect according to verse 1 of chapter 1 yet did he commit no sins after that?

"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." Job 1:1

As for Jesus, from what I think I know and understand he would have been both sinless and perfect, but how could I really know unless God had revealed it to me? He has not! Therefore no vote!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bobby Jo
I won't vote because most people make a presumption as what God calls perfect. ...

Hi amadeus,

I'm using the dictionary definition of "perfect" in the sense that a hole-in-one is a perfect shot; a bowling score of 300 is a perfect game; that the engine fired the first time; etc.

As such, an "eagle" isn't "perfect"; a score of "299" isn't "perfect"; and having to adjust the points for a successful second attempt isn't "perfect".

And by the way, you have a LOT of discernment, because this is part of the purpose of the "Poll". -- Excellent Job! :)

Hope this helps you VOTE!
Bobby Jo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So we know that Jesus was sinless, which often equates "sinless" as "perfect", and they're not the same.
As far as Jesus the Christ is concerned, they are one and the same. So this poll is really meaningless.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi amadeus,

I'm using the dictionary definition of "perfect" in the sense that a hole-in-one is a perfect shot; a bowling score of 300 is a perfect game; that the engine fired the first time; etc.

As such, an "eagle" isn't "perfect"; a score of "299" isn't "perfect"; and having to adjust the points for a successful second attempt isn't "perfect".

Bobby Jo
Thanks for the clarification, but it will make no difference to most people. People want to disbelieve or have a negative faith with regard to what Jesus is quoted as saying in the scriptures with regard to being perfect.

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt 5:48

Was he asking us to become something that was impossible?

"And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:26-27

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

But having made my point now I am voting. Thank you again!

Reactions: Nancy and Bobby Jo

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Thanks,
Bobby Jo

Colossians 3:12-14
[12] Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; [13] Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. [14] And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Bowels of mercies: kindness, humbleness, meekness, longsuffering, forbearing, forgiving...yes He was all these things which is the ‘bond of perfectness’. His own bowels Philippians 1:8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2:1-2
[1] If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, [2] Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Jesus was and is perfect. He wouldn't have told us to be perfect like His Father in heaven is perfect, if He wasn't Himself.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To All,

Thanks,
Bobby Jo

Obviously He was perfect, if He wasn't then He was not -"The Lamb who taketh way the sin of the world. "

The high priest always had to examine the lamb before sacrifice ..the lamb had to be without spot or blemish.

Jesus was examined by the High Priest , then sent Him to Herod, who examined Him, and sent Him to Pontius Pilate who also examined Him , saying " I find no fault in Him.." and washed his hands. = The Perfect Lamb, who took away the sins of the world.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

Please note that "Amadeus" WISELY asked what the definition of "perfect" was, which I provided in Post #5. So when responding to the OP, you might want to fully consider using the dictionary definition when considering Jesus' ministry, to most accurately reflect your Vote! :)

Bobby Jo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Unless Jesus was the PERFECT LAMB he could not have "Paid it all"

( Although my friend @bbyrd009 will probably not agree with this... )

Jesus Paid it All
Kristian Stanfill

"I hear the Saviour say, thy strength indeed is small
Child of weakness, watch and pray, find in Me thine all in all

'Cause Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe

Sin had left a crimson stain, he washed it white as snow
Lord, now indeed I find thy power and thine alone
Can change the leper's spots and melt the heart of stone
'Cause Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe

My sin had left this crimson stain, He washed it white as snow
It's washed away, all my sin
And all my shame
And when before the throne I stand in Him complete
"Jesus died my soul to save" my lips shall still repeat
Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe

(Sin had left a crimson stain, he washed it white as snow)
(He washed it white as snow)
(O praise the one who paid my debt
And raised this life up from the dead)

(O praise the one who paid my debt
And raised this life up from the dead)
Well praise the one who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead
Jesus
You are the one
The Son of God
Conqueror of death
King of kings
The sacrificial lamb......."

Songwriters: Jack Fascinato / Ernest J. Ford
Jesus Paid it All lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, BMG Rights Management

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless Jesus was the PERFECT LAMB ...

As suggested, I'm using the Dictionary definition of "perfect", not a theological, physiological, psychological, or sociological definition, -- which hopefully excludes "songs". :)

So please weigh your vote according to Scriptural (thus Historical) evidence that EVERYTHING Jesus did turned out PERFECT. ;)

Bobby Jo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As suggested, I'm using the Dictionary definition of "perfect", not a theological, physiological, psychological, or sociological definition, --

Bobby Jo

Oh wow, then you are in trouble matey , just go ahead and read your dictionary and forget about the bible... maybe if you read enough of your dictionary you will be able to 'quote it', like the bible.
And...when you are in need of encouragement , comfort, or a needful 'Word from the Lord'..hoping you get very blessed by your dictionary. :)

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like a pre-chalcedonian synod deciding on the creeds of ancient Church. I hope the byzantine emperor doesn't hover over my lectern too long. Well, if Jesus had a Father to know through him to know the first Right, there could BE no conceptual Perfect, and I voted Yes, because he's let his children know what's Perfect I guess. Or maybe, scripturally, Only One is Good, the Father. Or how about, Be Perfect, Like your Father in Heaven is Perfect.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi amadeus,

And by the way, you have a LOT of discernment, because this is part of the purpose of the "Poll". -- Excellent Job! :)

Bobby Jo

Another definition is "complete"

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow, then you are in trouble matey ...

Yeah, probably so, ;) , but there is a REAL POINT to be made. And now that we've had "sufficient" input to this "Poll" with comments, please allow me to share that SIGNIFICANCE!

Given the Dictionary definition of "perfect", where a hole-in-one is a "perfect" shot, but an "eagle" is not a "perfect" shot:

In the account from Mark 8, we find that Jesus heals a blind man:

Mark 8:22 And they came to Beth-sa′ida. And some people brought to him a blind man, and begged him to touch him. 23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the village; and when he had spit on his eyes and laid his hands upon him, he asked him, “Do you see anything?” 24 And he looked up and said, “I see men; but they look like trees, walking.” 25 Then again he laid his hands upon his eyes; and he looked intently and was restored, and saw everything clearly.

In this account, it took Jesus TWO passes (an "eagle" in golf) at healing this man. And the lesson is that when Jesus came to earth as a man, he set aside his DIVINITY:

Phllippians 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.

... and there is NOTHING that Jesus did on earth that we cannot do, except remain without sin.

For example:

Matt. 17:1 Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.

Exodus 34:29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the Lord.

... or ...

Matt. 14:25 And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. 26 But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, saying, “It is a ghost!” and they cried out for fear. 27 But immediately he spoke to them, saying, “Take heart, it is I; have no fear.”

Matt. 14:28 And Peter answered him, “Lord, if it is you, bid me come to you on the water.” 29 He said, “Come.” So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus

And where we have a GOD who suffers our infirmities, -- hunger, thirst, pain, tears, rejection, and death --, HE has compassion for us as we strive to be like HIM.

With THANKS and BLESSINGS to ALL,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy