Pope endorses same sex civil unions in new documentary film.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope Francis endorses same-sex civil unions, saying: 'Homosexuals are children of God and have the right to be in a family'. But what does God's Word say???

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Romans 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Romans 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Reactions: Base12

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope Francis endorses same-sex civil unions, saying: 'Homosexuals are children of God and have the right to be in a family'. But what does God's Word say???

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Romans 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Romans 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

God is strongly against homosexuality as there are many verses that cover that

Romans 1:26-27 is just one

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you give a link to where Pope Francis said such a thing?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah I was investigating the Catholic church as I agree with most orthodox Christians, but with statements like that I find it difficult. I also feel better in other churches spiritually.

Now in the report you cited it stated support for civil unions, not marriage. Marriage should be considered a Christian practice in my opinion. But legal agreements between same sex people might be considered similar to roommates living together with a business contract.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I was investigating the Catholic church as I agree with most orthodox Christians, but with statements like that I find it difficult. I also feel better in other churches spiritually.

Now in the report you cited it stated support for civil unions, not marriage. Marriage should be considered a Christian practice in my opinion. But legal agreements between same sex people might be considered similar to roommates living together with a business contract.

Francis' comments come as the U.S. appears to be on the verge of a new debate on same-sex marriage with the likely confirmation of a conservative justice to the U.S. Supreme Court and questions from two current justices on the decision that made same-sex marriage legal in 2015
Francis was asked about the rights of same-sex couples during an interview that appeared in the new documentary Francesco, which debuted Wednesday at the Rome Film Festival.

"Homosexual people have the right to be in a family. They are children of God," Francis said during the interview, according to the Associated Press. "What we have to have is a civil union law; that way they are legally covered."

Same-sex marriage became legal in the U.S. in June 2015 with the Supreme Court's decision in Obergefell v. Hodges. But the recent nomination of conservative judge Amy Coney Barrett to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg could bring a tilt to the right on the high court, pending Barrett's scheduled confirmation vote next week.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Francis' comments come as the U.S. appears to be on the verge of a new debate on same-sex marriage with the likely confirmation of a conservative justice to the U.S. Supreme Court and questions from two current justices on the decision that made same-sex marriage legal in 2015
Francis was asked about the rights of same-sex couples during an interview that appeared in the new documentary Francesco, which debuted Wednesday at the Rome Film Festival.

"Homosexual people have the right to be in a family. They are children of God," Francis said during the interview, according to the Associated Press. "What we have to have is a civil union law; that way they are legally covered."

Same-sex marriage became legal in the U.S. in June 2015 with the Supreme Court's decision in Obergefell v. Hodges. But the recent nomination of conservative judge Amy Coney Barrett to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg could bring a tilt to the right on the high court, pending Barrett's scheduled confirmation vote next week.
I don't agree with the Pope then.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you give a link to where Pope Francis said such a thing?
full

Pope calls for civil union laws for same-sex couples - CNN

:eek:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just in time for Amy Coney Barrett to be told what to do. I knew this was going to happen. What a circus show.

full

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what church to follow. But I do know what I believe is mostly Orthodox. I'm not really proud of the Popes endorsement, so I'll probably steer away from the Catholic church.
As an ex Catholic myself, I would definitely recommend staying away from that church.

Much of my family is from Italy, so it was a painful decision to leave. News like this is just more confirmation that I made the correct decision.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As an ex Catholic myself, I would definitely recommend staying away from that church.

Much of my family is from Italy, so it was a painful decision to leave. News like this is just more confirmation that I made the correct decision.

Well I went to Catholic church for a while, and during lock-down watched the daily mass. But I also didn't feel the spirit as in the way I would have liked.

Reactions: Base12

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh-o.

Someone spoke about this earlier this year or last year, it may have even been @Mayflower and one of @Hidden In Him 's dream interpretations. Unfortunately the Pope has finally endorsed same sex civil unions.

Pope endorses same-sex civil unions in new documentary film
World Oct 21, 2020 10:32 AM EDT
ROME (AP) — Pope Francis endorsed same-sex civil unions for the first time as pope while being interviewed for the feature-length documentary “Francesco,” which had its premiere at the Rome Film Festival on Wednesday.

The papal thumbs up came midway through the film that delves into issues Francis cares about most, including the environment, poverty, migration, racial and income inequality, and the people most affected by discrimination.

“Homosexual people have the right to be in a family. They are children of God,” Francis said in one of his sit-down interviews for the film. “What we have to have is a civil union law; that way they are legally covered.”

While serving as archbishop of Buenos Aires, Francis endorsed civil unions for gay couples as an alternative to same-sex marriages. However, he had never come out publicly in favor of civil unions as pope.

One of the main characters in the documentary is Juan Carlos Cruz, the Chilean survivor of clergy sexual abuse whom Francis initially discredited during a 2018 visit to Chile.

READ MORE: LGBTQ activists on what progress looks like 5 years after same-sex marriage ruling

Cruz, who is gay, said that during his first meetings with the pope in May 2018, Francis assured him that God made Cruz gay. Cruz tells his own story in snippets throughout the film, chronicling both Francis’ evolution on understanding sexual abuse as well as to document the pope’s views on gay people.

Click the link to read more.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh-o.

Someone spoke about this earlier this year or last year, it may have even been @Mayflower and one of @Hidden In Him 's dream interpretations. Unfortunately the Pope has finally endorsed same sex civil unions.

World Oct 21, 2020 10:32 AM EDT
ROME (AP) — Pope Francis endorsed same-sex civil unions for the first time as pope while being interviewed for the feature-length documentary “Francesco,” which had its premiere at the Rome Film Festival on Wednesday.

The papal thumbs up came midway through the film that delves into issues Francis cares about most, including the environment, poverty, migration, racial and income inequality, and the people most affected by discrimination.

“Homosexual people have the right to be in a family. They are children of God,” Francis said in one of his sit-down interviews for the film. “What we have to have is a civil union law; that way they are legally covered.”

While serving as archbishop of Buenos Aires, Francis endorsed civil unions for gay couples as an alternative to same-sex marriages. However, he had never come out publicly in favor of civil unions as pope.

One of the main characters in the documentary is Juan Carlos Cruz, the Chilean survivor of clergy sexual abuse whom Francis initially discredited during a 2018 visit to Chile.

READ MORE: LGBTQ activists on what progress looks like 5 years after same-sex marriage ruling

Cruz, who is gay, said that during his first meetings with the pope in May 2018, Francis assured him that God made Cruz gay. Cruz tells his own story in snippets throughout the film, chronicling both Francis’ evolution on understanding sexual abuse as well as to document the pope’s views on gay people.

Click the link to read more.

Thanks for the heads up, Josho. Mayflower told me this morning:
Australian Prophecies, Part 2

Reactions: Josho

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW This not an offical teaching just the Pope's opinion. He is not speaking ex cathedra or teaching new doctrine, even Pope's can have a personal opinion. The problem is the Pope speaks in a way to sow confuion between official Catholic teaching and his opinion with people that don't know or what to understand official teeaching. All that to say don't think Catholic teaching agaisnt homosexuality suddenly changed. I know many Anti Catholics are going to come out of the woodwork here and they need to know right now they are wrong.

Maybe some Catholics can comment here on this like @Philip James, @Devin Wintch, @BreadOfLife, @Truthcampaign.org, @Illuminator (not sure if Illuminator is a Catholic).

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344 and Josho