Posting Annoyance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is anyone else get annoyed when trying to post too fast on too many topics later see and made some stupid mistakes they did not catch in proofreading?

Not talking spelling.

That is my trouble.
It takes some much time to go down all the ALERTS first...then to check all the threads and new posts. I’m sure I miss some.

But my one big problem is I DONT proof read after I post...I just post and move on.
It is usually when someone quotes me , that I see my many glaring mistakes!!:oops:

Reactions: amadeus

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is anyone else get annoyed when trying to post too fast on too many topics later see and made some stupid mistakes they did not catch in proofreading?

Not talking spelling.

Yes--if I catch it, I usually go back and edit. Such is the nature of online forums--probably why it is bad form to criticize other posters for "spelling or grammar mistakes". They are mostly just typos and lack of proofreading.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes--if I catch it, I usually go back and edit. Such is the nature of online forums--probably why it is bad form to criticize other posters for "spelling or grammar mistakes". They are mostly just typos and lack of proofreading.

I agree.

Also, programs like spellcheck and speech to text do not always perform.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree.

Also, programs like spellcheck and speech to text do not always perform.

Yes.

What new subject should we address next now that we have devastated the Calvinists (at least in our own minds--LOL)? I must say, they do seem robotic. Arguing with them is like arguing with evolutionists--they all have pat answers too. One ends up going in circles with them in the same way. They will never admit when you have pointed out data that contradicts what they are saying and they keep repeating their evolution dogma over and over and over. Evolution really is a religion. Have you started any forums on evolution? Maybe I'll go there and rattle their cages a bit.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your problem is forums do not follow strict rules of grammar.
It's not my problem. I didn't start this …. you did. I post reasonably correct posts, and just quietly decipher the stuff you throw out at us. But, if you gripe, please don't be surprised when it blows up in your face.

Reactions: marks

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

What new subject should we address next now that we have devastated the Calvinists (at least in our own minds--LOL)? I must say, they do seem robotic. Arguing with them is like arguing with evolutionists--they all have pat answers too. One ends up going in circles with them in the same way. They will never admit when you have pointed out data that contradicts what they are saying and they keep repeating their evolution dogma over and over and over. Evolution really is a religion. Have you started any forums on evolution? Maybe I'll go there and rattle their cages a bit.
I am not Calvinistic, but here is something a Calvinist wrote that will knock your knickers.
These simple questions are hard to go up against:
www.garynorth.com/75_BIBLE_QUESTIONS.pdf

PS. I can send this to anyone in Microsoft WORD Format, if you want easier reading of the little book.

D

Dave L

Yes.

Have you considered that if the Calvinists are right about God, you hate God?

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not Calvinistic, but here is something a Calvinist wrote that will knock your knickers.
These simple questions are hard to go up against:
www.garynorth.com/75_BIBLE_QUESTIONS.pdf

PS. I can send this to anyone in Microsoft WORD Format, if you want easier reading of the little book.

I read through this man's "questions" (which are really more assertion than question). It is obvious that he is a Calvinist and I reject much of what he says based on my own understanding of what the Bible teaches. That's the problem with Calvinists--they think that their interpretation is the only one possible. They will not brook any departure from their dogma. When one argues with them, it is like arguing with a Roman Catholic. They spout Roman Catholic dogma and will not brook any departure from THEIR dogma. No wonder that people get confused. I am NOT a humanist (and I well know what that is). It is a favorite dodge of Calvinists--anyone who disagrees with them is either a "humanist" non-spiritual, etc. the list goes on and on. They are extremely arrogant and give Christians a bad name among non-Christians.