Postings/content search down

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"

• Support
The developing staff actively involves themselves with addressing support issues both via ticket support and forums.

The Developer Cons
Where there needs improvement:

• Indifferent
While the old saying is true, everyone's a critic. Sometimes you should accept alternative which you, yourself disagree with. It's called compromising. When you have paying customers, you sometimes do have to do so.

There have been a few concepts which have been suggested repeatedly the last 4 years. And while the development may not have those in mind, clearly everyone else does.

** It is worth noting that this is not exclusive only to XenForo. Generally it seems more paid productions are having a growing trend of stamping their foot down generally assuming that ignoring or dismissing something will make it go away. History shows this is not the case though."

iPads can't toggle font size? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes,

Lots of things don’t work correctly on here...
Some days it won’t even post things....and often when I try to “like” posts , it won’t function and times out. :(
That was happening here too, so i explored and found that your pipe size could vary that, and even their pipe size, server load, might possibly too. Near as i can tell most of us prolly suffer from the first, we're paying for "speeds up to" 100mps up in here at the moment, which as it happens means absolutely nothing, even less than nothing, lol. "Speeds down to" is all that matters.

Imagine how much fun that poor Filipino guy has talking to me lol,
"Hi, i'm looking for internet service with speeds down to oh say 20 mps, whaddya got?"
"Ty for calling Comcast today sir, we have an excellent internets package for you with speeds up to 100 mps, now on sale."
"Ah ty, yes, i got the brochure already, what are the speeds down to?"
"I am sorry, what?"
"Oh, i thought you were Comcast but that's a Murrican inc and i know you aren't even in a Murric a are you? Do you even work for Comcast?"
"What? Of course I work for Comcast sir..."
"Your paycheck comes from Comcast? You work exclusively for Comcast? You have free internets from Comcast like every other employee ee ee who works for them?"
"What?"
"Say 'what' again, go ahead!"
"Wha...I'm sorry. Um..."
"The internets speeds, M(y) F(riend), what are they down to?"
"Wha...sorry sir, I don't understand what you are saying"
lol, poor guy.

Then I started SiT in Tagalog with him and long story short he is no longer going to Mass anyway
:D

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was happening here too, so i explored and found that your pipe size could vary that, and even their pipe size, server load, might possibly too. Near as i can tell most of us prolly suffer from the first, we're paying for "speeds up to" 100mps up in here at the moment, which as it happens means absolutely nothing, even less than nothing, lol. "Speeds down to" is all that matters.

"Hi, i'm looking for internet service with speeds down to oh say 20 mps, whaddya got?"
"Ty for calling Comcast today sir, we have an excellent internets package for you with speeds up to 100 mps, now on sale."
"I am sorry, what?"
"Oh, i thought you were Comcast but that's a Murrican inc and i know you aren't even in a Murric a are you? Do you even work for Comcast?"
"Your paycheck comes from Comcast? You work exclusively for Comcast? You have free internets from Comcast like every other employee ee ee who works for them?"
"What?"
"Wha...I'm sorry. Um..."
lol, poor guy.

Then I started SiT in Tagalog with him and long story short he is no longer going to Mass anyway

Hahahaha! You a bad boy Mark!!!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

"I am sorry, what?"
"What?"
"Wha...I'm sorry. Um..."
lol, poor guy.

Posting content still doesn't show, and hasn't all week.
I don't think anyone cares.
I still believe that the 50 or more video posts CoreIssue puts up per day, is slowing everything down. It has always been that way on Christian forums.
But he doesn't give a fig. He's too busy trying to beat you as "top poster".

images.png
=======
I've pretty much given up on this place now.

It is so different than back in the days of Angelina , Job , and others.
The mob has overwhelmed us.

My sadness and disappointment is turning into indifference. :(

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It must be on your end, as nothing has been slow or not uploading on this site for me.
There was missing information which I noted an administrator requested a reset on the forum.

That partially corrected some missions. But as ByGrace noted the posting search function is not and has not been available in profile.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It must be on your end, as nothing has been slow or not uploading on this site for me.

So, when you go to someone's profile page and click on "Postings" you then get a drop down menu and can read every post they have posted since the joined, even if it is years??

It hasn't worked all week, but, if you say you can see and read them all.
So be it.

Just try going to your profile page and click on postings.
Can you see and read the post you just posted above?????

I think not.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, when you go to someone's profile page and click on "Postings" you then get a drop down menu and can read every post they have posted since the joined, even if it is years??

It hasn't worked all week, but, if you say you can see and read them all.
So be it.

Just try going to your profile page and click on postings.
Can you see and read the post you just posted above?????

I think not.
Sorry , I thought you were saying the site was slow and I have not found it slow. I did find an error message came up if I clicked on someone's replies, perhaps that is what you are referring to? I would think this has to do with the forum's server or with the program that they are using has issues that they haven't fixed yet.
I can though follow someone and then click on newsfeed and see a list of their postings.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry , I thought you were saying the site was slow and I have not found it slow. I did find an error message came up if I clicked on someone's replies, perhaps that is what you are referring to? I would think this has to do with the forum's server or with the program that they are using has issues that they haven't fixed yet.
I can though follow someone and then click on newsfeed and see a list of their postings.
In the administrative panel when counts go wrong and other data is not appearing, the caches have to be updated.

That is just part of standard forum maintenance.

The hosted website Software also has to keep up with server requirements. I failed to do that once but when I hit the update on the server for my hosting plan, it fixed all.

Administrating a forum is a lot more than just moderating posts.

I use xenforo as well. But I do not customize styling except for changing the logo or a color. Functionality with a tested add-on as needed.

For more I can see the styles offered here are not staying up to date with core functionality. But I could be wrong.

Of course there can be issues with the hosting plan not including enough storage space or bandwidth on the server.

But all that information requires access to the admin panel and sometimes the cPanel.

Reactions: tzcho2

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Right now? I can't, hmm. And good luck to anyone following you, your page is blocked entirely!

Wonder if those two are somehow connected then?

Me neither, I can see nothing on anyones profile..including my own!!

It actually seems as if someone set this site up...and the set it sailing into the blue all by its self...if anyone gave a fig they would take care of it.

THIS thread was posted here on the Help Desk board , on Friday...after days of not seeing being able to see profile info on anyone.
Now it is Sunday...and post #14 ....obviously the Administrator and owner is too busy somewhere else. And obviously does not pop in to check up on his 'baby'. :(

( @lforrest )

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the administrative panel when counts go wrong and other data is not appearing, the caches have to be updated.

That is just part of standard forum maintenance.

The hosted website Software also has to keep up with server requirements. I failed to do that once but when I hit the update on the server for my hosting plan, it fixed all.

Administrating a forum is a lot more than just moderating posts.

I use xenforo as well. But I do not customize styling except for changing the logo or a color. Functionality with a tested add-on as needed.

For more I can see the styles offered here are not staying up to date with core functionality. But I could be wrong.

Of course there can be issues with the hosting plan not including enough storage space or bandwidth on the server.

But all that information requires access to the admin panel and sometimes the cPanel.
Lol, ok well you know a lot more about this kind of stuff then I.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posting content still doesn't show, and hasn't all week.
I don't think anyone cares.
I still believe that the 50 or more video posts CoreIssue puts up per day, is slowing everything down. It has always been that way on Christian forums.
:(

This is true videos require a lot more bandwidth, and posting multitudes of videos only slows things down for everyone, not to mention videos are prime carriers of viruses (Note I am in no way suggesting that the videos CoreIssue has posted are so contaminated, only that videos are the most susceptible to viruses). I imagine in time the administrator will have to adjust the rules on just how many videos one can post.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I still believe that the 50 or more video posts CoreIssue puts up per day, is slowing everything down.
Might with like 50 users online now? But we are running more like 5, so i dunno.
Plus, I'd have to verify this, but i think all that comes here is a link, and when you watch the vid you are on YT server for that? google would know

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I have insufficient access to maintenance the site, for that we need the owner @Brent W

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true videos require a lot more bandwidth, and posting multitudes of videos only slows things down for everyone, not to mention videos are prime carriers of viruses (Note I am in no way suggesting that the videos CoreIssue has posted are so contaminated, only that videos are the most susceptible to viruses). I imagine in time the administrator will have to adjust the rules on just how many videos one can post.
Nothing has slowed down for me.

And remember, you have posted 274 videos.

As far as viruses, any website without proper protection can be infected with viruses that distribute to users.

Videos I post come from youtube. So if they are infected many thousands are infected.

I have multiple security software on my computer. Not one of those videos has triggered any of them.

When they started refreshing the software for the site you actually sped up for me.

Software maintenance is a must.

Most servers have security software, so anything infected trying to come on their server is nominally detected.

Nor do I post 50 videos a day.

Everything that has happened points to basic software maintenance, nothing more.

As a webmaster running more than one software I am not a stranger to these things.