Power?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In our wrangling with words especially those who spend any of it with none believers. It seems we forget the power that is of God. The focus is always pointing to what love is and that is what God ought to be, amongst other views of those who think to make their gods be what they want them to be. But Jesus does point out to us that He is at the place of power:

Mt:26:64: Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Mk:14:62: And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Mk:16:19: So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Lk:22:69: Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

And Paul says
1Cor:2:4: And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
And mentions power over 60 times in his writings, and power is mentioned over 150 time through out the NT.

Basically God has the power to let us be, to let us be at peace with Him, and to let us be without condemnation in His Presence. Now is it a matter of, will He? And do those who believe there is a Creator and Judge (for example theists) believe He will? They have to believe He can. Maybe that is where to start?
Reason being it seems the rest of the same old arguments or discussions produce nothing and are fruitless.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
AMEN!!!!!!!!
yEP, THEY HAVE A FORM OF RELIGION BUT DENY ITS POWER.....Have nothing to do with them.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Please excuse me for being slow on the up take. Im having trouble understanding your last statement (or questions).

Your talking about Gods power and how we as Children of the living God (those sanctified by the blood) can live at peace in his presence without fear of condemnation.
And weather or not we truly believe that evidenced by all the discussions producing fruitless arguments to the contrary.

Yes, no, missed the point completely?