Praise Yah I'm Sober-Minded!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just thankful today that I can be of use to society in general. I can exercise my gifts of giving and helps anytime, because it finally sunk in that alcohol and/or drugs = prison for me.

I've been arrested many times and I've done three prison terms...and I've been intoxicated every single time. I'm currently on parole and I am not even supposed to enter a liquor store. However, the powers that be have approved of me working at a bar. And I haven't had a drop. I'm around liquor everyday, I sometimes serve it to patrons, I smell it, I've spilled it on myself, I watch people consuming it and make sure they are safe.

Just today I watched the bartender pour some in a glass and I commented on the nice color and she said "I know you don't drink [she doesn't either] but what do you like?" I told her that Southern Comfort is my preference.

And just now, in one of my groups (which I'm actually on a phone conference right now), I shared that I simply don't drink anymore since the pros outweigh the cons. My priority right now is to be in a position to help anybody out however I can, which I couldn't do while out of my mind on substances.

So all glory, honor, and praise to the Most High for the understanding that it's not my place to try to fly too high. Amen.