Praising God - Why?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kym M.

Jan 15, 2016
Why is praising God important? The reasons are countless. First, God deserves to be praised and He is worthy to receive our praise:
  • "For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods" (Psalm 96:4).
  • "Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom" (Psalm 145:3).
  • "I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies" (2 Samuel 22:4).
  • "You are worthy, our LORD and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being" (Revelation 4:11).

Reactions: 19DuggarFan

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Kym M. said:
Why is praising God important? The reasons are countless. First, God deserves to be praised and He is worthy to receive our praise:
  • "For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods" (Psalm 96:4).
  • "Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom" (Psalm 145:3).
  • "I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies" (2 Samuel 22:4).
  • "You are worthy, our LORD and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being" (Revelation 4:11).
Sadly, we live in a world that needs an explanation of the nature/attributes of God before this will lead to praise of Him. What are our churches doing to lulling people into apathy regarding who God is?

I recommend a read of Michael Horton's article, Are Churches Secularizing America? I encourage you not to overlook his diagnosis of the problem. The disease is so serious that getting back to praising the true God is a distance from achieving for many people.

Yes, our Lord is worthy to be praised, but we need to understand who He is to praise Him with honesty and openness.

Oz

Reactions: 19DuggarFan

19DuggarFan

Jul 8, 2015
Kym M. said:
Amen.

kc3angel

Feb 19, 2016
Caribbean
Also, it becomes easy to get bogged down with life (whether things appear to be good or bad), that we "forget" to praise God and thank Him for the many things that we ought to be thankful for. It can also become especially hard to praise God when nothing seems to go right, but it is in that time that we really need to praise Him in order to make it through.

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
God inhabits the praises of his people Ps 22:3

Quickest way I know into His presence.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
r4hnsn said:
God inhabits the praises of his people Ps 22:3

Quickest way I know into His presence.
Amen! I love mostly being part of the congregation and giving God all the glory through worship and praise. He pours out such a sweet anointing over his people and brings them into his presence both individually and corporately.

Bless ya!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We as the people/Brothers & Sisters, were made to glorify and to always give praises unto The God that has been soo faithful unto us.

Why not tell him and share with your brothers and sisters now here today. ... God has been so faithful, so Happy and Grateful .... Thank you Jesus for The life of me today and my family we give you praise ...... I thank God for this wonderful life He as given us since we were both into this wicked world with injustice living. Romans 10:17

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=praises%20to%20god

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
Angelina said:
Amen! I love mostly being part of the congregation and giving God all the glory through worship and praise. He pours out such a sweet anointing over his people and brings them into his presence both individually and corporately.

Bless ya!
Double Amen there Angelina. I bring my shouty self (remenber the tv ad?) with me when i go to church, for the Psalms speak of shouting to the Lord. I don't have the best singing voice, so if i cant reach the notes i just get shouty. "Aint no rock gunna take my place"

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
All Praise and Glory to God Hallelujah!!! For He has Done Great things!
6h59qw.gif

I will give You thanks in the great congregation; I will praise You among a mighty throng.
Psalms 35:18
dm32j9.gif

allanaspril

Apr 8, 2016
It is easy to Worship God anybody can do that.
But God wants a Worshiper that can worship him in the Spirit and in truth (JOHN 4:24 ).

We worship Him because We love Him.
Why we love Him? because he first Loved us (1 JOHN 4:19 ).

I heard that to this preacher [link removed]

wesOK

Apr 26, 2016
We have to be compassionate, kind, and forgiving if we want to be truly happy in this life. Our goal in life is to be more Christlike and these three characteristics are vital in doing this. We must also do this to teach our children and youth how to obtain these attributes. it is our responsibility as well as the churches. We can help our churches through fundraisers and programs like cell Phones 4 Churches. This will give them the ability to get the resources needed to help in this education process. It is definitely not the responsibility of the public schools and we must recognize that fact. We must be examples of living what Jesus taught us. Love everyone you come across in life and treat others the way you want to be treated.

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
It's in my heart to praise Him. To thank Him. To worship Him. I didn't really have to be taught this, it just the relationship I have with Him. Now, there was one time when I told another Christian man that I didn't know what to pray because I was in the depths of a valley, and he suggested that when I had not words to pray, that I simply praise Him. I have found that very comforting many times - even when I have no words, I can praise and be in relationship with my Creator. It's an awesome privilege!

Reactions: Angelina

Alan McDougall

Jul 23, 2016
Johannesburg
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Kym M. said:
It is not that Almighty God has a huge ego that needs brushing all the time, in my opinion, to praise God is an expression of love for a child to his father just in the manner we love our own dads and praise him

God wants to know we love him because God is Love

God has no grandchildren he is the Father or Infinite Dd of all those that Love Him

Alan