Pray for Colton

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misfit

Nov 11, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just want to lift up my old friend Colton. I read something he posted about why he doesn’t believe in God. He said he was raised as a Christian and that he prayed to God to stop his adopted parents from abusing him and God never answered him. My heart breaks for him . I wish I knew how to answer him. Please keep him in prayer.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just want to lift up my old friend Colton. I read something he posted about why he doesn’t believe in God. He said he was raised as a Christian and that he prayed to God to stop his adopted parents from abusing him and God never answered him. My heart breaks for him . I wish I knew how to answer him. Please keep him in prayer.
So sorry to hear that Colton has not reached out to Jesus. He is angry from his childhood and really needs somebody to gently guide him. I will pray for your dear friend Misfit.

Reactions: Lambano and Misfit

Dosia

Jan 24, 2021
Manitoba
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Praying for Colton to get support now for memory of those who abused him? Also bring him healing of the relationhip between the LORD and him, that there may be some peace and the LORD will bring some comfort to him? God, show him that not everyone is like that, that there are people in this world who want to genuinely help him from the hurt and rejection that he feels now? Put the right resources in his path to be led to the help he needs. Shower him with Your love and grant him salvation and new hope, and better things to come? You God, know what is best for him? Thank You LORD, In Jesus Name, Amen

Reactions: Lambano and Misfit

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying that God will heal the hurts.

Aw, man.

I don't want to steal your thread, but I also know someone else who doesn't believe for pretty much the same reason, or at least, that's one of the reasons. The model of God as a loving father doesn't work when you've never known one, and those hurts can last a lifetime.

Reactions: Misfit