PRAY FOR THE CHURCH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please will everybody commit to praying for the Church in 2021. Use this thread to add prayers everyday. Pray for your own church, your nation's church and the Church worldwide.
No discussions, just prayers. And if this could possibly be 'pinned' at the top it would perhaps encourage people to pray.
@CharismaticLady @charity

@Nancy @Heart2Soul @Barbara @Helen @farouk

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sovereign Lord, Creator God, thank you that when we pray you hear us. Thank you for the privilege of being able to come into your presence knowing you love us and care for us. Today I pray for your Church. I ask that you forgive us for what we have caused it to become and work mightily to restore it so that your name may be honoured and glorified. May your Holy Spirit open hearts and minds. Give us leaders who are committed to you Father. Let us shun all that is not of you and may we grow and develop a greater intimacy with your Son, Jesus. Fill us with passion, fill us with fire. Amen.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please will everybody commit to praying for the Church in 2021. Use this thread to add prayers everyday. Pray for your own church, your nation's church and the Church worldwide.
No discussions, just prayers. And if this could possibly be 'pinned' at the top it would perhaps encourage people to pray.

Yes, absolutely!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Re-ignite us Lord, re-ignite the Church in Australia, help us to follow what we are called to do by You, help us be the lights on the hills that we are meant to be reflecting Your greatness Lord Jesus, help us set a good example and help us to be faith warriors allowing Your power to flow through us, that many will want to know You as a result, and help we the Church to be humble and give You the glory Lord Jesus.

In Jesus name,
Amen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is these four posts from my Facebook page that really got to me over Christmas and caused me to start this thread. In order to remember to pray I have printed them off to tuck in my bible. They are accredited to Jarrod Cooper.

1. Sometimes what your strategy needs is not more information, but more FIRE! A week ago I dreamt I met the Holy Spirit, and He came to me as a man of fire! I was asking God “What is the strategy God, will you give me wisdom?” Embracing me with His fire He answered “This is the strategy, this is the strategy”... WOW! His passion, power and presence is a strategy in itself! Let the MAN OF FIRE embrace you right now, and fill you with God’s FIRE!

2. I am concerned, not that Great Britain is in a post-Christian era, but that many Christians are entering a post-biblical era. Too many biblically illiterate "believers" are rating their opinions as more infallible than the holy scriptures.

3. What if we focused on presence more than performance; on welcoming the King, instead of doing our churchy thing; on following His voice, more than following the set list....? ... maybe, just maybe, we’d find churches full of glory instead of powerless programmes! Oh for a generation soooo dissatisfied with religion, we forsake all else for the immeasurable outpouring our Jesus longs to send! Someone, somewhere, let your longing take over!

4. Church leaders - we can build a concert venue and we’ll draw a crowd. But if we build a home, we’ll create a family. Whatever your venue, put more energy into family than stage craft! We have a world crying out for mums and dads, fathers and mentors - that is something the church is powerfully positioned to supply.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lord, I thank you that your church spans the world and that throughout the different timelines your people are praying 24/7. Lord help us to unite in prayer for your will, your insights, your understanding, your presence, your vision so that as we pray we will be moved by your prospective, understanding, vision of the world stage and you will guide us to pray into the realm of darkness that is unseen by us, but visible to you. Help us to remember that that the real battle lies in the spiritual realm, help us to focus and follow your lead.
Amen x

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lord, I thank you that your church spans the world and that throughout the different timelines your people are praying 24/7. Lord help us to unite in prayer for your will, your insights, your understanding, your presence, your vision so that as we pray we will be moved by your prospective, understanding, vision of the world stage and you will guide us to pray into the realm of darkness that is unseen by us, but visible to you. Help us to remember that that the real battle lies in the spiritual realm, help us to focus and follow your lead.
Amen x

Amen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Luke 24:31-33

Then their eyes were opened and they recognised him, and he disappeared from their sight. They asked each other, ‘Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?’

Oh, Jesus, set our hearts burning, restore our first love, re-kindle the fire within our hearts and give us passion for you and the gospel.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Luke 24:31-33

Then their eyes were opened and they recognised him, and he disappeared from their sight. They asked each other, ‘Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?’

Oh, Jesus, set our hearts burning, restore our first love, re-kindle the fire within our hearts and give us passion for you and the gospel.
@Pearl That Road to Emmaus passage is so stirring, isn't it? :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amen x
Rita: There's also the fact that, as our Great High Priest, the Lord Jesus 'ever liveth to make intercession' for His people whom He purchased at the Cross, Hebrews 7.25).

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl That Road to Emmaus passage is so stirring, isn't it? :)

Yes it is farouk. And I really pray that the Church will once again feel that stirring and passion. Let this be a year when we all agree to pray for the Church on a regular basis.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Makes me think of the “In sickness and in health vow” ...LORD keep us in sickness and in health.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Father God, as we begin a new year help us look to the future for your worldwide Church. Let us not look back on times past but seek your guidance for the coming months. Give your Church a new awakening LORD, instill in our hearts a new and deeper love for you than we have ever had before. Let us be a body to glorify your name and bring you honour. May your love for the world shine through us LORD and draw people to you. Amen

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heres a wonderful truth .
JESUS is truly the only WAY unto GOD . So if we want folks to come to GOD , preach that name and say YE must BELIEVE IN HIM in order
to be saved . Any love that does not claim Jesus must be confessed in order to be saved , is a love that will never bring anyone to God .
Cause JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY UNTO the FATHER . Me thinks its high time for the original life saving gospel to return .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Heres a wonderful truth .
JESUS is truly the only WAY unto GOD . So if we want folks to come to GOD , preach that name and say YE must BELIEVE IN HIM in order
to be saved . Any love that does not claim Jesus must be confessed in order to be saved , is a love that will never bring anyone to God .
Cause JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY UNTO the FATHER . Me thinks its high time for the original life saving gospel to return .
So commit to praying for the Church this year and let's see what God will do.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Heavenly Father, your word tells us that 'where there is no vision the people perish' so I pray Father that through the mighty power of your Holy Spirit you will give fresh vision to your Church. Raise up people to share that vision and lead your people into a new awakening. Raise up worship leaders who will encourage real praise and worship. Raise up preachers with honest hearts, pastors with caring hearts and evangelists who will spread the Good News of Jesus with no thought for themselves. And give us all open hearts and minds to receive your words.