Prayer Changes Things!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Prayer Changes Things!

1 Timothy 2:1-2
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.

prayer.jpg

Does a day ever go by where one doesn’t hear fault-finding, censorious political commentary from various sources? What do you do? Do you concur, either verbally or tacitly—maybe with a look or a nod?

What do you think God thinks of that? Normal concern for current affairs, and governmental activity is acceptable and wise. We need to become informed in this daily changing culture! However, to join in on the perpetual disturbing trend of lambasting our authorities is dangerous, indeed.

God’s blessing upon His people includes living peaceable, dignified lifestyles. Our earnest petitions to God, interceding for our authorities and calling down His blessing upon those in government over us will guarantee that. It also guarantees us an excellent witness before those who govern. In turn, we have their ear, as they determine that we are people of humility and integrity.

If you desire a community that is conducive to right living—pray for those who govern and serve you and administer your dues.

Harmony in our neighbourhoods, cities and nations is affected drastically by the prayers of the righteous within them.

James 5:16b
The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

NEW
11/07/07

Reactions: Marta

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Amen and amen, Lively Stone! This is a much needed and beautiful post!
A friend of mine was talking about a man we both knew who died a tragic death from alcoholism at the age of 36, and he said: "I don't think anyone was praying for him." I immediately felt conviction and knew I should have prayed for this person but really hadn't! We often don't stop to realize how important it is to bring all people before the Lord in prayer.