prayer for direction in life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, Just thought I'd write about how confused I am about my direction in life. I'm on disability benefits for having social anxiety. There's this executive thing I can do which I think you only do at home and I earn only a little so I will not get any deductions from my disability income and I'd also like to learn how to cook more things and there's an agency for people with mental health issue where you can learn that for free so I can cook at home and eat mostly at home. But I'd also like to eventually venture out in the world and do legal assistant and make friends at school and at the office but they will likely not be socially anxious but I can be kind of friends with them maybe. Do you think I have a chance at having a better life like that? If I were to have a boyfriend, I don't think it'll be a good idea, I only make a little money and cook and wait for him to come home and do things together, right? Which is the better life.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi everyone, Just thought I'd write about how confused I am about my direction in life. I'm on disability benefits for having social anxiety. There's this executive thing I can do which I think you only do at home and I earn only a little so I will not get any deductions from my disability income and I'd also like to learn how to cook more things and there's an agency for people with mental health issue where you can learn that for free so I can cook at home and eat mostly at home. But I'd also like to eventually venture out in the world and do legal assistant and make friends at school and at the office but they will likely not be socially anxious but I can be kind of friends with them maybe. Do you think I have a chance at having a better life like that? If I were to have a boyfriend, I don't think it'll be a good idea, I only make a little money and cook and wait for him to come home and do things together, right? Which is the better life.
Blessings in Christ
First and foremost you should pray and ask God to show you what His Will for you is....
The footsteps of the righteous are ordered of the Lord.
Meaning if you are resting in Him and allowing Him to be Lord of your life then He will guide you where he wants you.
It happens in ways like meeting someone who would like you to help them out with a project...and while helping you meet another person who sees your talent and gift and would want to hire you...
That's just an example...when I would pray God would tell me specifically...and I would obey.
So however He gets you where He wants you just trust that He is guiding you in the right direction.
Praying for you.
God Bless

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying that God help you move in the right direction.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Blessings to you dear @thelord's_pearl, it appears that you are wanting to get involved in things that will add meaning to your life. A new purpose and hope. Praise Jesus! that he is with us on every journey and he gives strength and courage to step out and do the extraordinary, the miraculous. Trust in him and his leading. Stay in the center of his will as he opens and shuts doors according to his will for you...
Proverbs 16:9 says: The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much everyone, your posts helped me a lot! I've prayed for myself as well and I'll see how everything goes. I got a scholarship opportunity and other opportunities but it's still confusing. I'll look for more clear directions God may be telling me. Thanks a whole lot!
With God there us no confusion....you will know in your spirit when the right move comes because peace follows after you choose to obey. I have literally been relocated from one city to another at a spur of the moment. God told me one day saying "I want you to move to Tulsa" , I didn't like big cities but I said as you Will Father let it be done...I can't afford it so you will have to make a way....
That was on a Friday, Monday my boss asked me if I would consider moving to Tulsa to open a new district office and all costs will paid by the company...what could I say? I said yes!:)
Talk about confirmation!