Prayer for my radio station

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stuart

Jan 1, 2021
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dear God and Jesus in heaven please hear my call, i beg you to do everything in your power to save our precious radio station that has served our community for at least 20 years and in that time it has helped so many wonderful souls, Please bless the station with your mercies and allow them to stay part of the community to provide a voice for everyone, the common man, woman and child, it is for us all, as the logo states 'your station. your creation' and it is ultimately your creation, your work shone through into the hearts of our people to bring it into creation, i pray that you can help it survive, In Jesus precious name, Amen and God Bless you God.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In agreement..with your prayer.
- Concerning your radio station.
----
Question:
What type/kind of radio station is it?
- News, music, etc..
---
I was involved in weekly radio program..years ago.

Reactions: Stuart

Cinnamon4

Jan 15, 2021
Hartford
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear God and Jesus in heaven please hear my call, i beg you to do everything in your power to save our precious radio station that has served our community for at least 20 years and in that time it has helped so many wonderful souls, Please bless the station with your mercies and allow them to stay part of the community to provide a voice for everyone, the common man, woman and child, it is for us all, as the logo states 'your station. your creation' and it is ultimately your creation, your work shone through into the hearts of our people to bring it into creation, i pray that you can help it survive, In Jesus precious name, Amen and God Bless you God.
Radio is a dying medium, you have a better chance of bringing back steam locomotives than radio

Stuart

Jan 1, 2021
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In agreement..with your prayer.
- Concerning your radio station.
----
Question:
What type/kind of radio station is it?
- News, music, etc..
---
I was involved in weekly radio program..years ago.
Thanks Pathfinder. it is a community radio station but it serves The whole of Glasgow and it gets streamed as well, we are trying to move with the times and yes it is hard to compete with the bigger corporations, I think mixcloud is a good way to go, I'm hoping it gets bigger, I think most people listen to radio in their cars now when driving and its usually a popular station, i think we get on average an estimated 60,000 listeners a year which is not a lot, My shows get a combined total of on average around 80 verified listens on mixcloud a month at its peak closer to 100.

Our shows are mixed, I started at flourish House our mental health charity radio show tthen started an electronic uplifting music show and recently a show for my loacal area with great guests,
we have other volunteers who do shows like Go Vegan and Hip Hop, There was a Christian worship music show as well, loads of great content.
Radio is a dying medium, you have a better chance of bringing back steam locomotives than radio
Music will never die, i think we just need to try and move with the times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pathfinder7

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Pathfinder. it is a community radio station but it serves The whole of Glasgow and it gets streamed as well, we are trying to move with the times and yes it is hard to compete with the bigger corporations, I think mixcloud is a good way to go, I'm hoping it gets bigger, I think most people listen to radio in their cars now when driving and its usually a popular station, i think we get on average an estimated 60,000 listeners a year which is not a lot, My shows get a combined total of on average around 80 verified listens on mixcloud a month at its peak closer to 100.

Our shows are mixed, I started at flourish House our mental health charity radio show tthen started an electronic uplifting music show and recently a show for my loacal area with great guests,
we have other volunteers who do shows like Go Vegan and Hip Hop, There was a Christian worship music show as well, loads of great content.

Music will never die, i think we just need to try and move with the times.

Sounds confusing to me...
It's not that the programs are bad...

It's the target demographic.
Retailers want a specific demographic for their audiences they buy advertising for.

If I'm selling cosmetics I don't buy ads on a station that caters to naturalist men. Even if they have a program that caters to women.
If I have a station that is all about the local area of gossip and news... talking up local new pubs, bakeries, farms, and shops... obviously I'm catering to the older crowd that doesn't travel much...IE doesn't tune in to the programming often.
Where vitamin supliments might be a good advertiser it isn't going to help enough to be profitable.

Who are the advertisers that are spending a lot of money for advertising and who are they targeting? They obviously aren't hiding.

30-something husbands vs wives, single/dating college and career men vs women...and way beyond these breakdowns are how your programming should be tailored. They should tune your station into the radio and then have no further need for the tuning dial. Except when someone else is riding along with the owner.

That's the sort of thing that we discussed in business school.
If you don't have enough listeners in your area to make advertisers want to come to you... you aren't doing it right.

Then there's satellite radio. Whole nuther critter.

Stuart

Jan 1, 2021
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We had enough funding before but bc of covid we lost 70% of our income streams as well as fundraiser events that didnt happen, and college courses that couldn't go ahead, we charge £5 per advert, as i say we are trying our best in one of the worst times with covid and also financial troubles the music industry has been hit very hard.

In my shows i promote wellbeing during lockdown as well as community spirit, I promote bands and songs to help the music industry too, we are all suffering.

and we all dont get paid, its more of a hobby but it has been keepig me going through lockdown as i am out of a job atm,

my target demographic is definately between the ages of 13- 50 and men and women, i try and play enough female artists to try and balance the load, i dont have any ads but i am trying to secure a monthly news item and asked them to donate monthly what they can afford, that was for the monthly community show in my area alone. which gets repeated and tries to bring people to the area bc its a tourist spot.

I would like some sponsored advertising but its early days, my recent show is just trying to get on its feet.

Last edited: