Prayer for President Trump whether agree or disagree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I admit I probably will not vote President Trump next time round. To unify a country is probably one of the biggest traits a president needs. But I pray for president Trump now and for our leaders and for our country. United we Stand, but divided we fall!!! I do agree for a wall for security for our nation to show our nation's laws are important. Not paying those who do tsa screening and run the FBI is not wise and effects many United States citizens. I also cannot in right conscience vote for anyone pro choice. So I will just have to wait and pray until the time comes when that decision needs to be made. But may God bless president Trump and help him to make sound decisions regarding our country and people. As well as for the House and Senate. May they all learn to work together and may God be in the center of all decisions being made.FB_IMG_1546712758181.jpg

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should pray for all our leaders. The President's job has never entailed unifying the country, that is false propaganda spread by the media.

As chief executive, he enforces laws, treaties, and court rulings; develops federal policies; prepares the national budget; and appoints federal officials. He also approves or vetoes acts of Congress and grants pardons.
Source

Our President is trying to fix the mess the Dems and Obama got America into by making good federal policies. Yes he is rocking the boat and I support and applaud him for not roiling over and taking it like President Bush did. He is trying to enforce the laws but evil comes against him, he is trying to develop federal policies but again evil is coming against him. He has done more in the past few years then the Republicans have done since President Reagan and President Trump is trying to Make America Great Again.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
An American.
Ok, that's fine, but understand then that you have chosen whom you will serve, and you cannot serve two masters, right. Now don't get me wrong I applaud praying for a leader over electing them and then trashing them to death lol, I'm with you there ok

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, that's fine, but understand then that you have chosen whom you will serve, and you cannot serve two masters, right. Now don't get me wrong I applaud praying for a leader over electing them and then trashing them to death lol, I'm with you there ok

An American is not my master. It is where God placed me. He placed me in the land of the free and the home of the brave where I can vote my conscience and decide to change my mind later. And I would never trash God's elect. But I can decide not to vote. I am not even of this world.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for Trump is not really a debate, is it?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
An American is not my master. It is where God placed me. He placed me in the land of the free and the home of the brave where I can vote my conscience and decide to change my mind later. And I would never trash God's elect. But I can decide not to vote. I am not even of this world.
hey, I think pretty much everyone starts there--somewhat conflicted iow--nothing wrong with that imo. i'm still conflicted on a daily basis prolly. Hate your life, hate your family, these are not easy things to do. What is easy is to pick a side by default mostly I guess, and find yourself compromised, down the road. Or I guess worse, to become compromised and not be able to even find it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Reactions: Nancy and aspen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey, I think pretty much everyone starts there--somewhat conflicted iow--nothing wrong with that imo. i'm still conflicted on a daily basis prolly. Hate your life, hate your family, these are not easy things to do. What is easy is to pick a side by default mostly I guess, and find yourself compromised, down the road. Or I guess worse, to become compromised and not be able to even find it.

Well what Christ meant by hating your life and family is compared to our love for Him. He teaches us to love our neighbor, so He doesn't really want us to hate ourselves or our family. He wants is to love Him more. It isn't do I love "Trump or Jesus" as someone tried to make me choose an answer too. That answer is hands down. God is my master. But we are to pray for our leaders and not judge/condemn them. It takes guts to even stand up against what others think is right/wrong. Compromise for me would be voting for someone who is pro choice over someone who I may not comfortably vote for.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It takes guts to even stand up against what others think is right/wrong.
wadr it has been pitched to you that this occurs in a voting booth, when I suggest that that is something that can only be done irl, but I understand. One's priorities tend to change as they age, and I can only suggest that you face the inevitable conflicts honestly and don't lie to yourself. You currently accept an earthly king, 1 Samuel 8, mostly by default I guess, bc what other choice is there right? Leave the camp, that you were born and raised in, and now do not even realize that that is "the world?" How might a Native American read your assurances of "standing up against others" for instance? Are you ok with Manifest Destiny?

Knowledge brings sorrow, ok, and it is, can be quite a long path to sorrow turned to joy, which I guess I am guilty of forgetting, so I should prolly reiterate more often that there is joy at the end of the road, at least unless you find yourself surrounded by Death More Abundantly, aka "when we all get to heaven," or I could rephrase it a few diff ways, but I guess right now I should say that you seem very good-hearted, and that is what really matters imo. As counterintuitive as this sounds, there is no judgement for beliefs in the Bible, only for works I guess.

really that is even obvious irl, would you prefer a hypocrite who identifies as Christian stabbing you in the back, or a person that acknowledges your worth and respects you and treats you right who identifies as an Atheist? Bc Strong Men have not stopped trying to take control of your beliefs, according to the Book, so do yourself a favor, ok, if you can't see them, or are not aware of them, at least go find them

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Compromise for me would be voting for someone who is pro choice over someone who I may not comfortably vote for.
why not just leave that world entirely, and be pro-life on your own? Would you deny an abortion to someone on any grounds whatsoever? not that I care what you might do here ok, the point is to see how you could be made into a hypocrite very easily by adopting such an extreme position, which trust me is what engaging in politics in any fashion is going to demand of you at some point.

I certainly wouldn't be aborting babies either, but I allow that there might be circumstances in which that might change too, and I might wanna make an exception

See how real conflicts might be masked by imaginary ones, maybe, I mean don't we have enough conflict already?
For instance why do you even have a position on what other women do here?
I suggest bc that is what has been shoved in your face ok, and made into an issue by your peers taking a for/against position, taking the bait iow, all so the real conflicts--the ones that define our lives now, Manifest Destiny et al--will not be addressed, drowned out by noise

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why not just leave that world entirely, and be pro-life on your own? Would you deny an abortion to someone on any grounds whatsoever? not that I care what you might do here ok, the point is to see how you could be made into a hypocrite very easily by adopting such an extreme position, which trust me is what engaging in politics in any fashion is going to demand of you at some point.

See how real conflicts might be masked by imaginary ones, maybe, I mean don't we have enough conflict already?
For instance why do you even have a position on what other women do here?
I suggest bc that is what has been shoved in your face ok

Spoken like a true liberal.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Your non vote is a vote for the other side...
ha I dunno, I manage to get both "sides" against me pretty regular lol, and since we're on the subject note how we assume Two Sides here, right, Independent et al are functionally irrelevant iow lol, we are talking straight Hegelian Dialectic ok, a winner, and a loser, and there are no shades in between?

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"God does not want us to withdraw from the world, but fight to change it."

both of these sentiments go directly against Scripture, but I don't even blame you CI.
One can read their own Bibles and find leave the world, or not
and cannot find "fight the devil" nor "fight evil," or can
it's entirely up to you ok

and ps I didn't say withdraw, I said leave, and the difference is clearly outlined in Scripture too

Last edited: