Prayer for Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Ill be off internet from the 7th through the 21st. I plan to spend this time in prayer and devotion and maybe get to sleep earlier. Honestly I have dealt with anxiety a lot, but a real spirit of depression lately also. I pray and just feel like a desert spiritually right now. So I need to evaluate some things and hopefully come back a bit more level headed and full of the joy of the Lord. So please pray that I get back my joyful spirit and that I can conquer any fears in Jesus name.

Also, I want to study autism, because I am pretty sure my husband is autistic. I just want to better understand him more and communicate better with him. He won't see a doctor to be tested for this, but I know there is a lot of information I can look up about it. I love him so much. He is a wonderful husband and father, and I want to spend some time in prayer for him too.

And for my daughter. She is sick again. She seems to catch a lot of bugs, but it has been mild compared to what has been going around at my church.

So joy and family. I really feel weak. Like I need to recharge. Ive felt this way for awhile. And being a mom is hard. And my hubby and I have been married a little over 3 years, but it is still "honeymooner" stage to many probably. I am just tired I guess. I'm just burned out and need to get my motivation and zeal back.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Ill be off internet from the 7th through the 21st. I plan to spend this time in prayer and devotion and maybe get to sleep earlier. Honestly I have dealt with anxiety a lot, but a real spirit of depression lately also. I pray and just feel like a desert spiritually right now. So I need to evaluate some things and hopefully come back a bit more level headed and full of the joy of the Lord. So please pray that I get back my joyful spirit and that I can conquer any fears in Jesus name.

Also, I want to study autism, because I am pretty sure my husband is autistic. I just want to better understand him more and communicate better with him. He won't see a doctor to be tested for this, but I know there is a lot of information I can look up about it. I love him so much. He is a wonderful husband and father, and I want to spend some time in prayer for him too.

And for my daughter. She is sick again. She seems to catch a lot of bugs, but it has been mild compared to what has been going around at my church.

So joy and family. I really feel weak. Like I need to recharge. Ive felt this way for awhile. And being a mom is hard. And my hubby and I have been married a little over 3 years, but it is still "honeymooner" stage to many probably. I am just tired I guess. I'm just burned out and need to get my motivation and zeal back.

Will keep you and your families in prayer. That is the bad thing about communication over the Internet...It would be better to be able to give you a hug and sit with you awhile and be a friend. :(

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will keep you and your families in prayer. That is the bad thing about communication over the Internet...It would be better to be able to give you a hug and sit with you awhile and be a friend. :(

My church is my family and.I talk to them a lot too. A long time ago when I first got on the internet, I didn't have the support system I do now. I have wonderful friends mainly from my church I can reach out to. It is just easier.on the internet sometimes I think, because I want to be an encouragement rather then a burden. So I post a lot of uplifting things in the recovery section in hopes of helping others who struggle. Not that my anxiety/obsession doesn't show in my posts sometimes.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for those who had gone through times that are tough. And know that you can depend on people that will never leave nor forsake you like a close loved one family or friend. And glad you talk to them a lot. And do not take their friendship for granted and vice versa. God bless you Mayflower and for all of you. Let the Lord lead you all.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that I can't encourage face to face. I just can't fool anyone when I'm not myself. And I don't always want to talk about it, because sometimes depression is just depression and it is just coping with stress and responsibility.

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayflower, all moms get burned out sometimes. Being a mom is the hardest job in the world.:)

I pray that you will find God's rest and peace and be filled with His joy!

Reactions: Acolyte and amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to start over. :rolleyes: I did good the first week, but been cheating a bit and even peeked on here a few times. I have a really bad habit of wanting to look up things. It is one reason why I have kept my facebook, because I have to exercise self control and not look up the links for everything. I worry too much and that is not of God. I want to grow closer to God and get better with my anxiety. So I have to cast away any idols. I may have and learn to be content and not worry about things. The government shutdown, sicknesses going around...CERN...

But I also need prayer too. My Aunt Cheryl is in her last days of her life. A week ago she was given three weeks to live, maybe less. I was going to go down to Texas, but traveling with my daughter during this time and everything...I just decided it is too risky to make a trip down. I got to see her in November.and I want to remember her that way. She is a strong woman of faith.But I am grieving.

Reactions: Helen and Dave L
D

Dave L

I have to start over. :rolleyes: I did good the first week, but been cheating a bit and even peeked on here a few times. I have a really bad habit of wanting to look up things. It is one reason why I have kept my facebook, because I have to exercise self control and not look up the links for everything. I worry too much and that is not of God. I want to grow closer to God and get better with my anxiety. So I have to cast away any idols. I may have and learn to be content and not worry about things. The government shutdown, sicknesses going around...CERN...

But I also need prayer too. My Aunt Cheryl is in her last days of her life. A week ago she was given three weeks to live, maybe less. I was going to go down to Texas, but traveling with my daughter during this time and everything...I just decided it is too risky to make a trip down. I got to see her in November.and I want to remember her that way. She is a strong woman of faith.But I am grieving.
Prayers for you and Aunt Cheryl.........

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bless you @Mayflower
Baby steps, and remember two steps forward and one step back is still one step forward. :)

As for anxiety ( been there done that...and it took many years...)
Don't get discouraged.
Prov 24 16.... "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again..."
And...one of my favourites... Micah 7:8 "Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me."

And, just try saying the anxiety...not "my anxiety.." God didn't give it to you...it's an unwelcome gift from the Enemy!! :p
As an old pastor friend used to like to say - " Watch your mouth, be careful what you are proclaiming over yourself." :) xx

Reactions: Acolyte and Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Hi; good to see you again.

Keep praying for your aunt; I'm sure you do...