Prayer request

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please could people pray for our family. They're not believers, or saved. Our old lifestyles/personalities wrecked any chance of good witnessing.

Also pray that The Lord has mercy on us, for this.

Thankyou
I can relate, though I disagree that you've wrecked any chance of being good witnesses. We can talk about that if you like. I pray first that the Lord first show you that you are forgiven and loved. I pray that knowing your own weaknesses, He make you humble witnesses to His mercy and grace. And then I pray that He open your loved ones' hearts to hear the message and draw them to Jesus, in whose name I pray, Amen.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey I have the same situation. I thought my witness would be disregarded as nonsense. I didn’t even try to witness to my folks because I know their views on Christianity. Well yesterday God worked my witness into the conversation with my folks. It just flowed naturally out of my mouth and I could tell that what I said really affected my mom. My dad not so much but there is still time. Just pray and in good time they will have a chance.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our old lifestyles/personalities wrecked any chance of good witnessing.

I know this is a prayer forum, so I won't go beyond just a few words, but don't accept this as a foregone conclusion. If they know your past, then they will not be able to deny changes in you if these become readily apparent in your life.

I will try to keep you in prayer, 2 Chr. 34:19.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please could people pray for our family. They're not believers, or saved. Our old lifestyles/personalities wrecked any chance of good witnessing.

Thankyou

Father, I pray for this sister, that You comfort and remind her that You are a God of miracles and unlimited chances. I pray that her family will have soft hearts to hear the Gospel message and come to know You. Mend this situation in Your mighty Name. In Jesus Name, Amen.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Thankyou
Hi @2 Chr. 34:19 May the Scriptures challenge and guide in your family situation.

Remember: when someone is converted, the before/after aspect can be very significant when it comes to the effectiveness of personal testimony.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hey I have the same situation. I thought my witness would be disregarded as nonsense. I didn’t even try to witness to my folks because I know their views on Christianity. Well yesterday God worked my witness into the conversation with my folks. It just flowed naturally out of my mouth and I could tell that what I said really affected my mom. My dad not so much but there is still time. Just pray and in good time they will have a chance.
@Mantis Keep praying; when prayer and the Scriptures are at the center of what we do, then it radiates out to others in testimony; what ppl see is consistency as well as words.

dominic

Jan 11, 2022
Okinawa, Japan
www.pureheart.page
Faith
Christian
Country
Japan

Thankyou
Dear Lord God, please draw and reach out to this hurting family. Please let them have dreams of You and our short our life is and please help them to see that we are all guilty and need a Savior. Lord, please use someone else in their life to plant the seeds of the good news. Please let them turn from their ways and trust in Your goodness. Thank you Lord Jesus for being so merciful when we are away and please leave the 99 to find the one in Jesus' name. Amen.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I forgot something else, could i please request prayer for our family friend will. He's been searching for God, for a long time, but family have kept him under their control, constantly reminding him that he's beyond help etc. He's escaped now, but really needs healing from childhood trauma/mental illness.
I was told that a vicar once prayed for him, and he screamed out. He's really messed up

dominic

Jan 11, 2022
Okinawa, Japan
www.pureheart.page
Faith
Christian
Country
Japan
Dear Jesus, please help this man Will who is searching for You Lord. Please give him repentance and bless him Lord. Please let him know that You are just right there and only a prayer away from salvation and finding eternal life in You Dear Jesus. Please Lord, draw him to You. We pray for his mental health and his healing in his mind. Please let him let go of the pain that someone hurt him and that he was left or abandoned. We ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot something else, could i please request prayer for our family friend will. He's been searching for God, for a long time, but family have kept him under their control, constantly reminding him that he's beyond help etc. He's escaped now, but really needs healing from childhood trauma/mental illness.
I was told that a vicar once prayed for him, and he screamed out. He's really messed up
Father, I ask for healing for a messed-up young man named Will. He's been searching for You; may he find You. Please show him that no one is beyond Your help. Amen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also joining now in prayer for Will!

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Mantis I forget who it was who said, as regards his testimony, something like: "I am not what I should be. I am not what I shall be. But I thank God that by His grace I am not what I once was."