:*( Prayers please? For my last surviving kitten, Ivory

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As some of you know I operate a private animal sanctuary. Mostly we care for cats and kittens.
A mommy cat had a litter of five seven weeks ago. Four have died in the last four days. We flea combed them, and thought all was well but they became anemic recently. We lost four thinking it was the anemia. Now however, it appears it may have been cat Herpes.

It doesn't transmit to humans but it is a contracted virus like that humans suffer. We're thinking mama may have been infected while pregnant with this litter as she had another litter that are perfectly healthy and near a year old.
If she contracted this virus while pregnant every kitten she carried contracted the virus.

One little girl is left. Her heart is beating strong, she's currently sleeping in my lap. She calls out and follows me around the sanctuary, comes running when I'm in another room and call her after hearing her meows. She's so precious.
But now she's lethargic, her head tilts back when I pick her up, muscle spasms too but very slight.
Her heart is beating very strong though and rapid as kittens hearts are want to do.
That tells me she's a fighter. Our vet said the same.

If she had Herpes at the time she got the fleas and onset of anemia, the Herpes will make it harder for her to fight the steps taken to heal the anemia.

That's the background for this prayer request.
Please if you feel led pray for little Ivory.
She's a off white tabby kitten with soft brown highlights. A beautiful precious little girl.
I can't lose a fifth kitten in seven days.
They don't just go to sleep. They meow, struggle, reach out with their little pays as their muscles contract as if trying to hold on to life and not slip further into the darkness. And they stare right into my eyes as I cry like a baby and repeat over and over, I love you, I love you, I'll miss you.

Please, if you feel led, surround little Ivory in prayer.

God bless and thank you for reading this very long request.

Very sincerely and praying too,
Ocean

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As some of you know I operate a private animal sanctuary. Mostly we care for cats and kittens.
A mommy cat had a litter of five seven weeks ago. Four have died in the last four days. We flea combed them, and thought all was well but they became anemic recently. We lost four thinking it was the anemia. Now however, it appears it may have been cat Herpes.

It doesn't transmit to humans but it is a contracted virus like that humans suffer. We're thinking mama may have been infected while pregnant with this litter as she had another litter that are perfectly healthy and near a year old.
If she contracted this virus while pregnant every kitten she carried contracted the virus.

One little girl is left. Her heart is beating strong, she's currently sleeping in my lap. She calls out and follows me around the sanctuary, comes running when I'm in another room and call her after hearing her meows. She's so precious.
But now she's lethargic, her head tilts back when I pick her up, muscle spasms too but very slight.
Her heart is beating very strong though and rapid as kittens hearts are want to do.

If she had Herpes at the time she got the fleas and onset of anemia, the Herpes will make it harder for her to fight the steps taken to heal the anemia.

She's a off white tabby kitten with soft brown highlights. A beautiful precious little girl.
They don't just go to sleep. They meow, struggle, reach out with their little pays as their muscles contract as if trying to hold on to life and not slip further into the darkness. And they stare right into my eyes as I cry like a baby and repeat over and over, I love you, I love you, I'll miss you.

Ocean
I will pray for her! Not long ago I asked the forum for prayer for my best friend, Angel, she is my pomeranian and she has been completely healed. I give God the Glory and my brothers and sisters a huge amount of gratitude and hugs for their prayers of faith.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ocean

Definitely so, poor thing.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will pray for her! Not long ago I asked the forum for prayer for my best friend, Angel, she is my pomeranian and she has been completely healed. I give God the Glory and my brothers and sisters a huge amount of gratitude and hugs for their prayers of faith.
Thank you.
That is blessed news indeed. God continue to bless precious little Angel. I pray my own little angel kitten is as blessed.
I use to have a black pom when I was a teenager. His name was Mokie, "mow-key" A little fluff ball who thought he was a Doberman I think. Isn't that always the adorable part of their demeanor as guard dogs? Yes, they're 7 inches off the floor but don't tell them that. They've got mommy protection duty! lol

Thank you again for your prayers sister. It means a lot to us. :) (HUGS) God's Blessings to you and yours.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Ocean
ohh WS, you have a soft heart!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying now for the precious fur baby
Thank you so much historyb.
Ivory at just a bit ago. She's active and talking. I sat her on the bed and turned around for a second and she was up on the nightstand in no time. Not at all the symptoms of her siblings. Very good news indeed. I held her up to the monitor and asked her to feel the prayer circle surrounding her here.
When I put her back in my lap she started her little chirp meow sound. She's resting now. Her heart is still strong and beating as it should at kitten speed. :)

Bless you all for your compassion and prayers for her.
(GIANT GROUP HUG) God bless and keep you all.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
❤❤
I am so sorry...I was so encouraged and expecting of God to heal her as He did Angel
May she live a joyous care-free life in Heaven with her Heavenly Creator.❤❤
how can it be H2S if on the one hand you are sorry yet on the other hand 'she lives a joyous care-free life in Heaven with her Heavenly Creator'?

Reactions: WaterSong

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can it be H2S if on the one hand you are sorry yet on the other hand 'she lives a joyous care-free life in Heaven with her Heavenly Creator'?
I am sorry that @WaterSong suffered another loss...my sorrow was on her behalf....
I am joyful that she the cat is with Him in heaven....there are so many people who don't believe animals go to heaven.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm Sorry WaterSong.
:(
I am a crazy cat lady having 9 at present.
I have had as many as 20 at some points over the years.
Some got sick, some never came home.
I would walk the neighborhood with a flashlight for hours.
Once uopn a time I had no pets. I swore I wouldn't have any more.
I adopted Beautiful who was named Spot, even though she is pure white without a spot on her, and so I renamed her.
We had a few mice when we moved to Florida. She is around 16 now.
Then a stray came along with her 1 kitten. I fed them every morning and night.
Then the kitten never came back after about 6 months.
Momma came back with 6 more. They were all feral. Named them all after the Lord of the rings. Merry, Pippin, Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, Stryder.
One by one they didn't come back, or got sick. I was a familiar name at the animal clinic.
Then She had 3 more. Ginger, Bear, Molly.
Then momma never came back.
Then Ginger had 6 which I have 5 remaining. And Merry had 3 which I still have.
I got them all fixed.
Ginger is still in Florida with my Ex.
After moving to Maine about 5 years now, I don't want to let them out, but I do. I lost Elizabeth a couple years ago. She went out and never came back. And this year I kept them all indoor. They're not happy but my mind is a bit easier. I can't roam with flashlights any more.
It's never easy.. and it always breaks my heart, no matter how big or small, domestic or feral. Mine or others.
Much Love
HUGS

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ivory is with her siblings now. :(
Sorry I missed seeing this thread before you lost her. I am still praying for you and your sanctuary.

I have a very old friend who had/has an animal sanctuary in rural Nebraska. We met her online more than 10 years ago. When my wife and I needed to move from our own home to an apartment where no pets were allowed in 2012 at her invitation we took our two beloved dogs to her and her husband. She had offered to drive down to Oklahoma to pick them up... but we declined and made the drive to Nebraska for that last tearful journey to meet her and to separate from our little critters. We became good friends with her and her husband. Our two little friends, quite aged now, are still with her, but her husband has become a complete invalid and she struggles to care for him out in the country alone along with nearly 40 animals [mostly cats] although the number is diminishing. She finally was forced to stop taking any more in because between them and her husband it was taking a toll on her. We have made the trip a few times to visit them, but the last one was quite a while ago. The little dogs have fully adjusted to their new home, but they loved to see us and for us to take them for walks around the little farm/sanctuary... Thank God for people who care enough to help where help is so often needed....

Keep them in your prayers as well.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ocean

Oh you got it sister,
Poor kitty. you are taking care of Gods animals and I LOVE that. We have a few animal lovers on here. Would LOVE to visit your sanctuary one day, or any for that matter. We do have a few around here too. I pray that God will strengthen this little kitty and she will grow big and strong so as to keep the mice out! Just wondering, did she have lot's of fleas as, I know they can cause anemia also. Do you have like, a veterinary assistant ever that works with the animals on site? Gosh, would love to do that. God bless you for caring for our furry friends. :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am so happy about Angel I can't tell you. God loves us like crazy and I'll NEVER get it, lol. I am surprised He doesn't love the animals more :D as...they are so innocent!