Prayers used against you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brokenwings88

Apr 3, 2023
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How do you go on when 6 things your prayers for last year where used against you. I prayed for the healing of my only Christian family member, prayed that my partner wouldn’t go on holiday because my closest family member was poorly I prayed for the strength of my relationship I prayed for security in our home I prayed for my children’s health and my own.
Two months after my prayers daily I dedicated my time to caring for my sick Auntie she told me to pray for her that she was worried I’d be spiritually alone and I would be pushed out with the rest of the family because of my faith she said she wasn’t ready to go she had so much of Gods work left to do. I gave up my job to balance my childcare and her care I gave thanks to God and kept a positive attitude then a month later the doctor came out and gave my Auntie 1-2month to live ( she passed away 7 days later) now that week she passed on a Friday morning. My husband told me he was cancelling his trip on the Sunday evening Monday I was at my aunts in the evening when I got home my son had an asthma attack, and he nearly lost his life was at hospital with him until 5am the next day had 3 hours sleep.because I got woken by my phone calls my Aunt had taken a turn for the worst I went there after sorting my son out with his meds my dad came up to watch him while my other half was at work I get a call from him in the afternoon to say he’s at the airport about to board his flight for a holiday that he cut it short and he will be back in 5 days. My dad offered to look after my 2 children so I could be with my aunt I was with her all Tuesday came home for a nap that evening back down Wednesday I did all her washing made sure she had all clean clothes and bedding I was back and forth because I wanted to see my children too, Thursday night I stay up all night with my aunt and I dropped off to sleep about 11:45am and she passed away not long after.On her funeral I was shunned and I was alone. My husband is still in his holiday location 3 months on.. he’s met someone else… I also found out he hasn’t payed the mortage for 4 months so we are going through repossession my daughter will barely come out of her room and my son doesn’t speak to me. I feel like all my prayer were used to hurt me. The last thing I want to do is lose faith. But I’m thinking of only praying and giving thanks to him for all the good that’s left in my life… but not asking God for anything anymore because I’m too afraid to ask incase it hurts me like all those things I left in prayer caused me so much hurt. Has anyone experienced this?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but not asking God for anything anymore because I’m too afraid to ask incase it hurts me like all those things I left in prayer caused me so much hurt. Has anyone experienced this?
May God bless your heart! You are being sorely tested!

The more that is taken away from you, let that be the reason inside you to draw nearer to God Himself. Not what He can do for you, what you want Him to do for you, but to draw you near into Himself. He has a love that is greater than anything you will know in this world. I believe He allows all these things to draw you to Him, that you might know Him as your Loving Father.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Brokenwings88

Apr 3, 2023
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much for that lovely comment God bless you dearly. My last prayer I said the enemy can break my heart but not my faith. Your encouraging words will keep my eyes on our Heavenly Father. Thank you again

Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How do you go on when 6 things your prayers for last year where used against you. I prayed for the healing of my only Christian family member, prayed that my partner wouldn’t go on holiday because my closest family member was poorly I prayed for the strength of my relationship I prayed for security in our home I prayed for my children’s health and my own.
Two months after my prayers daily I dedicated my time to caring for my sick Auntie she told me to pray for her that she was worried I’d be spiritually alone and I would be pushed out with the rest of the family because of my faith she said she wasn’t ready to go she had so much of Gods work left to do. I gave up my job to balance my childcare and her care I gave thanks to God and kept a positive attitude then a month later the doctor came out and gave my Auntie 1-2month to live ( she passed away 7 days later) now that week she passed on a Friday morning. My husband told me he was cancelling his trip on the Sunday evening Monday I was at my aunts in the evening when I got home my son had an asthma attack, and he nearly lost his life was at hospital with him until 5am the next day had 3 hours sleep.because I got woken by my phone calls my Aunt had taken a turn for the worst I went there after sorting my son out with his meds my dad came up to watch him while my other half was at work I get a call from him in the afternoon to say he’s at the airport about to board his flight for a holiday that he cut it short and he will be back in 5 days. My dad offered to look after my 2 children so I could be with my aunt I was with her all Tuesday came home for a nap that evening back down Wednesday I did all her washing made sure she had all clean clothes and bedding I was back and forth because I wanted to see my children too, Thursday night I stay up all night with my aunt and I dropped off to sleep about 11:45am and she passed away not long after.On her funeral I was shunned and I was alone. My husband is still in his holiday location 3 months on.. he’s met someone else… I also found out he hasn’t payed the mortage for 4 months so we are going through repossession my daughter will barely come out of her room and my son doesn’t speak to me. I feel like all my prayer were used to hurt me. The last thing I want to do is lose faith. But I’m thinking of only praying and giving thanks to him for all the good that’s left in my life… but not asking God for anything anymore because I’m too afraid to ask incase it hurts me like all those things I left in prayer caused me so much hurt. Has anyone experienced this?
Were you praying 'God's will be done'? Because only if we pray in God's will does he answer.

Reactions: dev553344

Brokenwings88

Apr 3, 2023
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I cast my cares unto him my personal worries and asked for his resolve in the matters because I trust that God can work things out better than we can. I didn’t pray precisely how I wanted thing to work out but for the strength to get through certain things and then I left it all in his hands.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you have been thru a lot. I had children and during the process got an infection from a surgery. As a result I lost my job and so my wife divorced me. My life really turned down hill and I lost my children. And this all after turning to God for the first time in my life.

Some of us have lost much after turning to God. I think it's something that Satan does to us and God allows.

But prayers are good. We have a prayer forum here where we all pray for each other. And I've seen miracles from it. I will pray for you that things will get better.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Brokenwings88

Apr 3, 2023
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like you have been thru a lot. I had children and during the process got an infection from a surgery. As a result I lost my job and so my wife divorced me. My life really turned down hill and I lost my children. And this all after turning to God for the first time in my life.

Some of us have lost much after turning to God. I think it's something that Satan does to us and God allows.

But prayers are good. We have a prayer forum here where we all pray for each other. And I've seen miracles from it. I will pray for you that things will get better.
I’m so sorry to read what you’ve been through and I agree when I first turn to Christ you do get a big test and I feel you’ve passed yours, I hope the Lord has blessed you and given you double for your troubles. I pray that you will be reunited with your children and all that was lost was lost is restored. God bless you

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I cast my cares unto him my personal worries and asked for his resolve in the matters because I trust that God can work things out better than we can. I didn’t pray precisely how I wanted thing to work out but for the strength to get through certain things and then I left it all in his hands.
That's what I would do. Once we've done that it is the waiting that is hard, those day when nothing seems to be happening but have you heard of P.U.S.H. - it stands for Pray Until something Happens. God is Sovereign and sometimes it seems as if he doesn't hear but he always does although he doesn't always answer in the way we imagine he will. Keep hoping and keep the faith.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

Brokenwings88

Apr 3, 2023
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's what I would do. Once we've done that it is the waiting that is hard, those day when nothing seems to be happening but have you heard of P.U.S.H. - it stands for Pray Until something Happens. God is Sovereign and sometimes it seems as if he doesn't hear but he always does although he doesn't always answer in the way we imagine he will. Keep hoping and keep the faith.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
I’ve not heard of p.u.s.h before that’s very helpful thank you :) I only joined here today and I feel so much better already. It’s because I’m surrounded by faithful loving Christians thank you for making me feel better and guiding me in the right direction

• Love

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve not heard of p.u.s.h before that’s very helpful thank you :) I only joined here today and I feel so much better already. It’s because I’m surrounded by faithful loving Christians thank you for making me feel better and guiding me in the right direction
Glad to help. Remember how Aaron and Hur help up Moses arms during the battle with the Amalekites? When Moses held his arms up the battle went well, but when he tired and dropped his arms the battle began to go the other way so his friends Aaron and Hur came alongside him and held up his arms until the battle was won. That is what we try to do for each other.

Exodus 17:12
When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset.

Brokenwings88

Apr 3, 2023
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Glad to help. Remember how Aaron and Hur help up Moses arms during the battle with the Amalekites? When Moses held his arms up the battle went well, but when he tired and dropped his arms the battle began to go the other way so his friends Aaron and Hur came alongside him and held up his arms until the battle was won. That is what we try to do for each other.

Exodus 17:12
When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset.
You absolutely right. Oh Pearl thank you! I about to say my prayers and go to sleep I will thank the lord for you and everyone’s kind words and ask that the lord blesses everyone of you and keep you safe x

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Brokenwings88
Welcome to Christianity boards! As Devin said, we have a wonderful prayer forum here, and even just knowing someone is praying for you can make so much difference in our strength , faith and comfort.

I'm really sorry to hear of your many losses :( As Pearl said, God could have been testing you...kind of a "Job style testing"...I pray He show you what He wants for you and that He bring you strength and comfort throughout!
Nancy

Reactions: Pearl and dev553344

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You entitle this thread: Prayers used against you. I think there needs to be an understanding of what prayer is meant to be. I don't think prayer was meant to be stopping once in a while to talk to God. It seems to me we should always be talking to God. Read 1 Thessalonians 5:17.

Brokenwings88

Apr 3, 2023
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You entitle this thread: Prayers used against you. I think there needs to be an understanding of what prayer is meant to be. I don't think prayer was meant to be stopping once in a while to talk to God. It seems to me we should always be talking to God. Read 1 Thessalonians 5:17.
I talk to God daily multiply times a day I seek guidance on situations that arise but what I meant by prayer it’s self when I cast my cares and take my fears in prayer for protection from things I a fear which I usually put these in prayer at the end of the day. I tend not to ask things when we talk through the day I thank him and give him praise and wait on his guidance then thank him again for his direction. My point with this was being broken and taking private fears to prayer before bed and waking to see these things come to pass.

Brokenwings88

Apr 3, 2023
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It has changed my prayer perspective though. I keep my fears to myself I no long as for anything my prayers are shorter because I give thanks for the day the things we have thanks for my family. And If someone bad happens through the day I laugh it off and tell the enemy nice try but you can’t have my faith. I prefer the new prayers because I’m not seeking God for his hand I’m just seeking his presence and being content in his love

• Love
Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I talk to God daily multiply times a day I seek guidance on situations that arise but what I meant by prayer it’s self when I cast my cares and take my fears in prayer for protection from things I a fear which I usually put these in prayer at the end of the day. I tend not to ask things when we talk through the day I thank him and give him praise and wait on his guidance then thank him again for his direction. My point with this was being broken and taking private fears to prayer before bed and waking to see these things come to pass.
Would a God motivated only by love do that?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has changed my prayer perspective though. I keep my fears to myself I no long as for anything my prayers are shorter because I give thanks for the day the things we have thanks for my family. And If someone bad happens through the day I laugh it off and tell the enemy nice try but you can’t have my faith. I prefer the new prayers because I’m not seeking God for his hand I’m just seeking his presence and being content in his love
But still, you mention your prayers are shorter, when I think we're supposed to always be in prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Brokenwings88

Apr 3, 2023
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But still, you mention your prayers are shorter, when I think we're supposed to always be in prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
But I continue to speak to him throughout the day. I spoke with a fellow Christian this afternoon who told me he feels like a bad Christian which shocked me he said because his prayers last an hour but for a full hour an hour he’s asking God a list of things he needs help with in his life and he said the list gets longer day by day. I was once too asking God for things and the didn’t turn out for Good. But my evening prayer may be shorter but it’s much more pleasant because I’m not looking at what he can do for me in fact I close me prayer with when I begin the day tomorrow God show me what I can do for you. We are in very difficult times and thing everyone has lots of problems where we’re asking nagging pleading for help. Which is natural but aren’t we suppose to seek only God first. Yes I had a wobble because I was overwhelmed in my grief and betrayal and I’d it sorted? No I’m now facing a divorce on top of it. But inspite of it all I’m still thanking God for the good things I see in everyday.

Brokenwings88

Apr 3, 2023
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Would a God motivated only by love do that?
I believe it was the enemy hearing my worries through prayer. Then played out those situations in my life and to be fair I couldn’t stop a death and I couldn’t control my husband these issues were out of my hand. But all I can do now is protect my children…

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I continue to speak to him throughout the day. I spoke with a fellow Christian this afternoon who told me he feels like a bad Christian which shocked me he said because his prayers last an hour but for a full hour an hour he’s asking God a list of things he needs help with in his life and he said the list gets longer day by day. I was once too asking God for things and the didn’t turn out for Good. But my evening prayer may be shorter but it’s much more pleasant because I’m not looking at what he can do for me in fact I close me prayer with when I begin the day tomorrow God show me what I can do for you. We are in very difficult times and thing everyone has lots of problems where we’re asking nagging pleading for help. Which is natural but aren’t we suppose to seek only God first. Yes I had a wobble because I was overwhelmed in my grief and betrayal and I’d it sorted? No I’m now facing a divorce on top of it. But inspite of it all I’m still thanking God for the good things I see in everyday.
If something is bothering you, talk to God about it.