Prayers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come, Holy Spirit
V. Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful.
R. And kindle in them the fire of your love.
V. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created.
R. And you will renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray
O God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit,
did instruct the hearts of your faithful,
grant that by that same Holy Spirit,
we may be truly wise, and ever rejoice in your consolation,
Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Come Holy Ghost, come by the means of the powerful of the intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary thy well beloved spouse!

My God, I believe, I adore, I hope and I love Thee! I beg pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love Thee. Amen.

O Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore Thee profoundly. I offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifference by which He is offended. By the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg the conversion of poor sinners.

Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, I renew my consecration to you and to your Immaculate Heart. Please accept me, my dear Mother, and use me as you wish to accomplish your designs upon the world. I am all yours, my Mother, my Queen, and all that I have is yours.

“O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy. Amen.”

Oh my good Jesus it is for love of Thee!

Admirable is the holy name of God!

Behold oh God our protector, and look upon the face of Thy Christ!

Gifts of the Holy Spirit!
Wisdom
Understanding
Counsel
Knowledge
Piety
Fear of the Lord

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God. I place in you all my interest and desires. Oh St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

So that having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving Fathers. Oh St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart.

Press him in my name and kiss his fine head for me and ask him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.

St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for me and my loved ones. Amen

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@theefaith @Philip James
Hey guys, there is only one mediator between God and man, that is the man Jesus of Nazareth (1 Timothy 2:5).
Joseph & Mary, and all the other canonized persons throughout the ages, have absolutely no authority or potency to intervene on anyone one's behalf down here on earth, or anywhere else, before God.
Not only are they devoid of such eminence, they are all asleep in the grave waiting for Christ's return, desperately hoping that Christ will intervene for them on Judgment Day.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith @Philip James
Hey guys, there is only one mediator between God and man, that is the man Jesus of Nazareth (1 Timothy 2:5).
Joseph & Mary, and all the other canonized persons throughout the ages, have absolutely no authority or potency to intervene on anyone one's behalf down here on earth, or anywhere else, before God.
Not only are they devoid of such eminence, they are all asleep in the grave waiting for Christ's return, desperately hoping that Christ will intervene for them on Judgment Day.

hey DNB how you been?

you have a scripture for this tomb sleep nonsense

Lk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The communion of saints are all always in union with Christ the one mediator and therefore in communion with God and each other and intercede for each other rev 5:7

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hey DNB how you been?

you have a scripture for this tomb sleep nonsense

Lk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
theefaith, pleeeeze, why do you provide an allegory to try and derive, or prove, the conclusion that the physically dead, are currently alive?
First, your pericope is out of context - Jesus was speaking about the imminency required in accepting him as Saviour before one dies, for there will be no second chances. Plus, Jesus fabricated such an implausible scenario in order that no one could possibly confuse the allegory, for an actual depiction of the state of the dead. i.e. There will be no communication or visual between the two parties, it will be impossible for one to reach over to the other side in order to offer assistance, a finger drop of water will never alleviate the torment that the damned will be suffering, Abraham's bosom is just a figure of speech, etc...

Are you unfamiliar with certain literary devices used throughout the Bible, as in Allegory, parable, metaphor, analogy, anthropomorphism, etc...?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He can't hear you PJ, he's asleep with Samuel, David and all the other OT saints. (Acts 2:29, 1 Samuel 28:12-15)

lol

thanks DNB,

now you have me eagerly anticipating Easter Vigil...

my old friend will be singing the Litany of the Saints, and he has a beautiful voice..

It will be glorious!

Peace be with you!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith, pleeeeze, why do you provide an allegory to try and derive, or prove, the conclusion that the physically dead, are currently alive?
First, your pericope is out of context - Jesus was speaking about the imminency required in accepting him as Saviour before one dies, for there will be no second chances. Plus, Jesus fabricated such an implausible scenario in order that no one could possibly confuse the allegory, for an actual depiction of the state of the dead. i.e. There will be no communication or visual between the two parties, it will be impossible for one to reach over to the other side in order to offer assistance, a finger drop of water will never alleviate the torment that the damned will be suffering, Abraham's bosom is just a figure of speech, etc...

Are you unfamiliar with certain literary devices used throughout the Bible, as in Allegory, parable, metaphor, analogy, anthropomorphism, etc...?

where does scripture say it’s an allegory?

Maybe you like these better

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Matthew 17
And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, Andwas transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. ...

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
lol

thanks DNB,

now you have me eagerly anticipating Easter Vigil...

my old friend will be singing the Litany of the Saints, and he has a beautiful voice..

It will be glorious!

Peace be with you!
Well, I'm sure his voice will be something to look forward to, as far as the rest ....?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
where does scripture say it’s an allegory?

Maybe you like these better

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Matthew 17
And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, Andwas transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. ...
Exegetical wisdom, theefaith, says it's an allegory. I gave you the reasons why, and you dismiss them, and then ask me to repeat myself???
Again, theefaith, your passages are either out-of-context, or entirely irrelevant to the argument at hand.
The quintessential passage on the state of the physically dead, in the entire Scriptures, is the following:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
4:13. But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

And there is also these:

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10
5:9. For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10. who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

John 5:28-29
5:28. "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29. and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Daniel 12:2-2
12:2. "Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.

Matthew 27:52-53
27:52. The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53. and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.

1 Corinthians 15:20-23
15:20. But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming,

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
15:51. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52. in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Hebrews 9:27-27
9:27. And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

1 Corinthians 15:6-6
15:6. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep;

etc....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exegetical wisdom, theefaith, says it's an allegory. I gave you the reasons why, and you dismiss them, and then ask me to repeat myself???
Again, theefaith, your passages are either out-of-context, or entirely irrelevant to the argument at hand.
The quintessential passage on the state of the physically dead, in the entire Scriptures, is the following:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
4:13. But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

And there is also these:

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10
5:9. For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10. who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

John 5:28-29
5:28. "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29. and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Daniel 12:2-2
12:2. "Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.

Matthew 27:52-53
27:52. The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53. and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.

1 Corinthians 15:20-23
15:20. But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming,

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
15:51. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52. in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Hebrews 9:27-27
9:27. And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

1 Corinthians 15:6-6
15:6. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep;

etc....

bodies

the souls of the just are in heaven!
Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
bodies

the souls of the just are in heaven!
Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
It's a future prophecy, it hasn't occurred yet (they came out of the tribulation). It's eschatological, not present.
Feel free to try and keep things in context, it allows for a more productive discussion.

14. And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore,

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a future prophecy, it hasn't occurred yet (they came out of the tribulation). It's eschatological, not present.
Feel free to try and keep things in context, it allows for a more productive discussion.

14. And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore,

rev 1:5 3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
rev 1:5 3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand
So, what did you think of the verses that I presented?