President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is a law or executive order issued to ban semiautomatic guns. There will be a civil or revolutionary war, and the US will not survive it....
Pomp.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Not going to happen.
A number of Democrats in Congress are from states with strong gun laws and they are up for re-election in 2014.

If the President doesn't go through Congress it with go to the Supreme Court and they will rule against him.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
BiggAndyy said:
Like the Supreme Court did on Obama Care???
Boy, that was a surprise. I guess I won't be fooled next time. I saw that display on Infowars, Amazing collage of pictures. I would not want to be in that company.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
BiggAndyy said:
Like the Supreme Court did on Obama Care???
The Supreme Court has already ruled twice during Obama's administration on gun rights.
They would have to reverse their last two ruling in order to come down on his side.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
See Warren v. District of Columbia 1981

Supreme Court ruled that law enforcement officers were not obligated to defend citizens.

Bottom line here is that the obligation for LEOs is to document the crime and perform preliminary investigation on the circumstances.
Crime clean up, basically.

Self-defense is the duty and task of the citizen.

In other words, you're on your own baby.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Foreigner said:
Not going to happen.
A number of Democrats in Congress are from states with strong gun laws and they are up for re-election in 2014.

If the President doesn't go through Congress it with go to the Supreme Court and they will rule against him.
Foreigner.
I hope you are right.. The Supreme Court scares me.. They will not look at the birth certificate. They upheld Obama care.....
Pomp.