Preterism's Claim Of 70AD Fulfillment Is Silenced In One Verse, Luke 21:35

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preterism claims, that the parallel teachings seen in Matthew chapter 24 & Luke chapter 21 have been fulfilled in the 70 AD destruction of Jerusalem by Roman Armies?

Claims of 70AD fulfillment in Roman Soldiers And Jerusalem's destruction didnt come upon (All That Dwell Upon The Face Of The Whole Earth) as seen in Luke 21:35 below, Preterist claims of 70AD fulfillment are silenced in this fact alone

This represents the literal future second coming of Jesus Christ, that will be seen by (All That Dwell Upon The Earth), and Jerusalem's destruction in 70AD didnt fulfill Luke 21:35 as is clearly seen, this is a future event unfulfilled

Luke 21:34-36KJV
34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Preterism claims, that the parallel teachings seen in Matthew chapter 24 & Luke chapter 21 have been fulfilled in the 70 AD destruction of Jerusalem by Roman Armies?

Claims of 70AD fulfillment in Roman Soldiers And Jerusalem's destruction didnt come upon (All That Dwell Upon The Face Of The Whole Earth) as seen in Luke 21:35 below, Preterist claims of 70AD fulfillment are silenced in this fact alone

This represents the literal future second coming of Jesus Christ, that will be seen by (All That Dwell Upon The Earth), and Jerusalem's destruction in 70AD didnt fulfill Luke 21:35 as is clearly seen, this is a future event unfulfilled

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

No it’s just biblical slang language that people used for the world that they live in just like in the verse below In verse 19

John 12:-17-19
17 Now the crowd that was with him when he called Lazarus from the tomb and raised him from the dead continued to spread the word. 18 Many people, because they had heard that he had performed this sign, went out to meet him. 19 So the Pharisees said to one another, “See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!”

Obviously the whole world hadn’t gone after Jesus at that time they were just exaggerating and meaning the area that they lived in.

It’s interesting to me that you are ignoring all of the things that happened in history within the generation Jesus was talking too when He prophesied that Jerusalem and the temple would be destroyed within that generation and it actually happened within that generation.

Why don’t you just believe in the dated prophecy that Jesus predicted this was one of the reasons that many believed in Jesus?

This below is a section of my Matthew 24 study

Bertrand Russell a world class philosopher and leading intellect wrote a book called why I am not a Christian.

Albert Schweitzer believed Jesus was a false prophet.

Gerald Sigal an unbelieving Jew wrote on the web site Jews for Judaism that Jesus unfulfilled his promise.

Why are these three people claiming these things ?

Because Jesus said in Mathew Ch24:34

34I tell you the truth this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened
They believe like most people that these things did not happen in that generation therefore Jesus’s prediction did not come to pass in that generation making him to be a false prophet. But history and the understanding of what the scriptures really mean in Mathew Ch 24 proves that these things did happen in that generation in 70 AD, and reveals Jesus to be who he says he is the Christ the Messiah and that He is sitting on the right hand of the Father on His thrown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it’s just biblical slang language that people used for the world that they live in just like in the verse below In verse 19

17 Now the crowd that was with him when he called Lazarus from the tomb and raised him from the dead continued to spread the word. 18 Many people, because they had heard that he had performed this sign, went out to meet him. 19 So the Pharisees said to one another, “See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!”

Obviously the whole world hadn’t gone after Jesus at that time they were just exaggerating and meaning the area that they lived in.

It’s interesting to me that you are ignoring all of the things that happened in history within the generation Jesus was talking too when He prophesied that Jerusalem and the temple would be destroyed within that generation and it actually happened within that generation.

Why don’t you just believe in the dated prophecy that Jesus predicted this was one of the reasons that many believed in Jesus.

Bertrand Russell a world class philosopher and leading intellect wrote a book called why I am not a Christian.

Gerald Sigal an unbelieving Jew wrote on the web site Jews for Judaism that Jesus unfulfilled his promise.

34I tell you the truth this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened
They believe like most people that these things did not happen in that generation therefore Jesus’s prediction did not come to pass in that generation making him to be a false prophet. But history and the understanding of what the scriptures really mean in Mathew Ch 24 proves that these things did happen in that generation in 70 AD, and reveals Jesus to be who he says he is the Christ the Messiah and that He is sitting on the thrown.

If the abomination of desolation in Matthew 24:15 occurred in 70 AD, that means the great tribulation, the worst time of trouble the world has ever seen in verse 21, so bad that all flesh would have died if not shortened, already happened ( the events of 70 AD hardly endangered all life on earth), and means the Day of the Lord in verse 29 already happened (but no one noticed),, and the rapture in verses 30 and 31 is also history ( and again nobody noticed).

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the abomination of desolation in Matthew 24:15 occurred in 70 AD, that means the great tribulation, the worst time of trouble the world has ever seen in verse 21, so bad that all flesh would have died if not shortened, already happened ( the events of 70 AD hardly endangered all life on earth), and means the Day of the Lord in verse 29 already happened (but no one noticed),, and the rapture in verses 30 and 31 is also history ( and again nobody noticed).

Or that there’s other meanings to them.

It was the worst time for Israel they lost there city and most of all there temple forever they knew that their God had turned His back on them and judged them. Out of 1.2 million people in the city during the siege only 97000 survived if the days weren’t shortened none would of survived.

It was the day of the Lords judgement on Israel for rejecting and killing their God and messiah. It wasn’t the rapture it was Jesus coming on the clouds in judgement and He saved His elect.

I really can’t believe that Jesus prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple within that generation and it actually happened and Christians deny that’s what Jesus prophesied it’s almost unbelievable.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why don’t you just believe in the dated prophecy that Jesus predicted this was one of the reasons that many believed in Jesus?

They believe like most people that these things did not happen in that generation therefore Jesus’s prediction did not come to pass in that generation making him to be a false prophet. But history and the understanding of what the scriptures really mean in Mathew Ch 24 proves that these things did happen in that generation in 70 AD, and reveals Jesus to be who he says he is the Christ the Messiah and that He is sitting on the thrown.
Symbolic allegory now becomes "Biblical Slang Language" that's a new one, in removing the literal seen, Big Smiles!

Biblical Slang Language? (All That Dwell Upon The Face Of The Whole Earth)

Yes it's amazing how far Preterist will go in denial of the clear and plain truth presented

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 4:27-29 KJV
[27] For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. [28] For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it. [29] The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.

Reactions: Marty fox

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, World War II with 70 million casualties dwarfs Jerusalem 70AD, and the bible teaches it's going to be worse, no nor ever shall be

The claims of 70AD fulfillment of the Great Tribulation is a man made fairy tale!

Matthew 24"21KJV
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 4:27-29 KJV
[27] For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. [28] For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it. [29] The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.
More cryptic riddles without a claim made

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 13:38 KJV
[38] The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one ;

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really can’t believe that Jesus prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple within that generation and it actually happened and Christians deny that’s what Jesus prophesied it’s almost unbelievable.
I cant believe that you deny the "Literal" second coming of Jesus Christ in the clouds is seen below, that's "Unbelievable"

Matthew 24:30KJV
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16:15 KJV
[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Colossians 1:23 KJV
[23] If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Matthew 12:39 KJV
[39] But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 11:3 KJV
[3] Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Hebrews 1:2 KJV
[2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I cant believe that you deny the "Literal" second coming of Jesus Christ in the clouds is seen below, that's "Unbelievable"

Because the bible shows us that coming on the clouds is a sign of judgement

Isaiah 19:1
A prophecy against Egypt:

See, the Lord rides on a swift cloud
and is coming to Egypt.
The idols of Egypt tremble before him,
and the hearts of the Egyptians melt with fear

Once more So what do you think the Pharisees meant in John 12:19?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what do you think the Pharisees meant in John 12:19?
What do you think God meant with his words (The Face Of The Whole Earth)

Like 21:35KJV

Genesis 7:4KJV
4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Genesis 8:9KJV
9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.

Reactions: GEN2REV