• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone, that’s all you need to be saved my friends. Therefore, everyone will eventually in their own turn become believers in Jesus Christ, no matter how long it may take, it is guaranteed. The Lord Almighty will accomplish all He desires, and it is His Desire to save everybody my friends! :D
ISAIAH 46:9-10 I am God, there is no other, I am God, and there is no one like me; I reveal the end from the beginning, from ancient times I reveal what is to be: I say, "My purpose shall take effect, I will accomplish all that I please."

My friend can.of.soup on Discord, who is a believer in Jesus Christ, sends me the following message in response to the Elliot Gindi controversy that I talked about in the rebuke section of my website www.jesus-saves-all.com
I was so upset when I heard about Tighnari’s VA. I think they chose a different VA to do the windblume event and in my opinion, the voice fits tighnari much more than elliots! It’s such a shame seeing VA’s make mistake. Not a lot of them are very good people, paimon’s, diluc’s, Itto’s, Childe’s especially which makes me really upset bc I love Childe and his voice actor is so funny ): but there’s not much I can do, sometimes fame can be an evil thing and people think they can do whatever they want.

Therefore I, Harold Samson, reply with the following message

Oh, for me, another one of my friends online mentioned Elliot Gindi, the former Tighnari VA’s, sexual misconduct on a chat message to me and it really affected things for them. That’s one of the reasons why I wrote up that whole post on Tentmaker, as well to warn my sister and mother.

Hoyoverse mentioned that Gindi will be recasted for not just subsequent versions, but also for re-recording in-game voice lines.

I think during the livestream when they showed the WIndblume Trailer they still had Gindi’s voice on it? I showed that to my sister and she said it sounded the same. Maybe because that was a not “in-game”. Which means Gindi’s voice may still remain on Tighnari’s Character Demo, Character Teaser. Even in Tighnari’s Collected Miscellany, Ghindi’s voice can be heard at the 0:34 mark with the character splash screen (though of course, most of the video is Dainsleif talking).

I agree, I feel bad for the victims affected. And for any new voice actors that are trying to get in the field. Gindi only has 3 characters listed on this site.
So they seem relatively new. I hope this doesn’t scare Hoyoverse away from getting newer voice actors. I think Genshin Impact is a great opportunity for VA’s to start a career in the industry. (Especially since most companies like to recycle from the same pool of established VAs, which I guess is understandable in terms of avoiding controversies such as this).

You make a good point with Paimon, Diluc, Itto (first knew them from Persona 5 as Ryuji), even Childe. Tartaglia reminds me a lot of Akechi from Persona 5 too, which is why I pulled for him! But with the way Griffin Burns is I understand why that makes you upset. Itto as a character I find really funny. Like in Heizou’s story quest with the whole Itto bit, I played through that with my sister watching, we were both laughing like crazy.

Yes, unfortunately whatever VA’s do is out of our hand. You make a very good point how “fame can be an evil thing and people think they can do whatever they want”. There’s the idiom “pride comes before the fall”, which appears in the Bible under this form:

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

Pride
גָּא֑וֹן (gā·’ō·wn)
Noun - masculine singular
Strong's 1347: Arrogance, majesty, ornament

Interestingly, we can see that the first instance of this word is used to describe the Lord as “Your Excellence”. The word here being “majesty”.
Exodus 15:7
HEB: וּבְרֹ֥ב גְּאוֹנְךָ֖ תַּהֲרֹ֣ס קָמֶ֑יךָ
NAS: And in the greatness of Your excellence You overthrow
KJV: And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown
INT: the greatness of your excellence overthrow rise

I Exodus 15:7 n the greatness of your majesty you threw down those who opposed you. You unleashed your burning anger; it consumed them like stubble.

The problem with fame comes from the worship. Us humans, we’re not perfect, so we should not be worshipped. Only the Lord deserves majesty and excellence. It’s okay to be a big fan of someone’s work, and to be close friends with someone. But the problem is that, when we worship someone, we

That’s why even for me, I humble myself. Honestly, I’m really just an ordinary person on the Internet. I am just a guilty sinner saved from grace. I have committed many sins in the past and the Blood of Christ that I believe in, is the forgiveness for all those wrongdoings. The words of truth that I type, do not come from “me” in a sense, they are derived from the Bible. So I can’t really take any “credit” for some cool wise words I say, since they are not from me, but were written long ago before I was born.
1 John 1:8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Therefore, believe in Christ to be washed of all the sins of your past, and all sins. I believed in Christ with faith alone and I was saved, out of the mercy and grace of God that made me clean from all my wrongdoings and transgressions.
JEREMIAH 32:27, 32, 37, 40 I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? ...The people of Israel and Judas have provoked me by all the evil they have done ...I will surely gather them from all the lands where I banish them in my furies anger and great wrath ...I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them.