Probably The Earliest Mention Of Michael

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wednesday 11-9-22 4th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Cheshvan 13, 5783 49th. Fall Day

The Earliest mention of Michael is in the 3rd, century BC apocalypse in the book of Enoch, this list of him as one of the seven angels,
Uriel, Raguel, Raphael, Sariel, Gabriel, and Remiel.

Michael is mentioned again in the last chapters of the book of Daniel, composed in the 2nd. century BC although set in the 6th. New Testament Michael is mentioned in Revelation Twelve:7-12 explicitly.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Read full chapter

Michael is mentioned three times in the Hebrew Bible (the Old Testament), all in the Book of Daniel. The prophet Daniel has a vision after having undergone a period of fasting. Daniel 10:13–21 describes Daniel's vision of an angel who identifies Michael as the protector of Israelites .

Love, Walter

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344 and Mr E

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat. 13
[35] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

All of the OT prophets prophesied without the knowledge of knowing in which of the three manifestations of Jesus* their prophecies would be fulfilled. Hence the problem of Christianity making sense out of the three comings of Jesus, and what is prophesied to take place in each manifestation.

Therefore, for the sake of secrecy, for the revelation of God's plan of His Salvation through His Son, the Personage of He, who is Co-creator of the world, was to be kept secret until His first manifestation to Israel, in the likeness of human flesh.

In my opinion, I percieve that Michael the archangel is actually Jesus.

*Note:
1. Jesus in the flesh to Israel- past.
2. Jesus in His Spirit to all the world- present.
3. Jesus in His Immortality for His saints- future.

Edit:
Since there are several threads on this topic, you might find this my response in the others.

Last edited: