Progressiveness.... Good or Bad or in between?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Progressiveness is it good, bad, or a bit of both?

In my opinion, in today's age there's still a bit of good, but it's leaning towards the bad more.

Progressiveness on a scale of 0 - 10, 0 being bad, 10 being good, I would rate it a 3.5 in today's world, pretty generous rating don't you reckon? Haha. Ok then maybe I will rate it a 3.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As opposed to traditionalism?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As opposed to traditionalism?
Well, then, you always have stagnation...I would like an example of
Progressiivness and is it the same as progression, JOSHO.?
There are so many things....the progress of beer dstilleries.. 10.
The progress of organic food made available..10
The progress of safer cars...10
The progress of breeding Persian cats with flat noses...0
The progressiveness of Monsanto and genetically modified foods...0-1
The progress of smaller pits in avocados ...zip.
The progress of forecasting weather patterns..15

I'm thinking I may not be following the heart of the op, I dunno.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@aspen ... i will have to upgrade the progress status of avocados...tho,
until they cross over the ocean [at close to $3]...and come down in price...then, also! convince me they were not GMOed...maybe I'll wait ! Ha

Who cuts themselves cutting an avocado?
I bet bagels are worse...I have seen a guy cutting one INTO his hand...I warned him, he scoffed, days later he cut his palm.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't see progressiveness...I see gradualism....downward...I see a " fog in water" being slowly heated.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@aspen ... i will have to upgrade the progress status of avocados...tho,
until they cross over the ocean [at close to $3]...and come down in price...then, also! convince me they were not GMOed...maybe I'll wait ! Ha

Who cuts themselves cutting an avocado?
I bet bagels are worse...I have seen a guy cutting one INTO his hand...I warned him, he scoffed, days later he cut his palm.

Same people who pinch their fingers when they pump gas - which is why the state banned the little automatic lever in the handle....

Perhaps i will accidentally cut my hand while I am doing my taxes.....

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, then, you always have stagnation...I would like an example of
Progressiivness and is it the same as progression, JOSHO.?
There are so many things....the progress of beer dstilleries.. 10.
The progress of organic food made available..10
The progress of safer cars...10
The progress of breeding Persian cats with flat noses...0
The progressiveness of Monsanto and genetically modified foods...0-1
The progress of smaller pits in avocados ...zip.
The progress of forecasting weather patterns..15

I'm thinking I may not be following the heart of the op, I dunno.

Don't worry you got the idea of the OP. And you have pointed out some stuff i didn't think off

The changing morals of the world - 4

While there are a lot of Christian morals going out of the window, and the progression of sin getting bigger, but there are some positive messages going out around these days. For example Australia is not as racist as it once was, domestic violence is going down, and the treatment of women is far better than it used to be, smoking is getting banned from many public areas.

Education - 3

This one kind of links up with morals, early detailed sex education, it's not having a positive effect on the younger generations, there are too many kids experimenting, fornicating, getting touchy in public places and then they have the ridiculous homosexual and transgender roleplays in schools today and they want to introduce gay sex education. Then the other thing is, schools tossing out Christian education, which only leaves kids with the option of studying about the big bang, the world creating itself, kind of garbage, blah blah, instead of giving them the option to explore and find out who really is God. Then there is record government funding for schools, and it's not having an effect on the results students are getting, in fact the results are dropping. I guess the positives though is there is an increasing range of subjects and more school facilities.

Technology/Infrastructure - 6

Yes like said above cars are getting safer, but the traffic is getting horrible, too many cars are getting added on the roads yearly, which creates fumes, then again cars are getting greener, but then again, there is the noise pollution and light pollution. Too many mass developments are going on too, which is a negative for me, because i don't like rat races..... too many people are starting to live on top of each other, too many buildings, which also means too much noise.... And the more buildings that get built, the stricter the council rules get on what you can and can't do, and they find more things to raise revenue, you already need too many permits. Tap n Go eftpos cards are another thing..... tap n pay mobile apps, even smart watches, it's pretty much pointless, it was already easy enough paying cash in hand or swiping and entering a pin, it makes it easier for overspending and regretting it later LOL, it's ridiculous though how much easier do they want to make a simple task like paying for something. Sorting stuff out with a few clicks, well i gotta say that's a positive, because those queues on phone to get customer service from a telco, take forever..... And you also get those phone queues with government services, other big companies, etc. etc. People don't like 20 minutes being on hold, so it's a good thing that you sort some of these things out on the net. Drones, well i gotta say they are fun.... RC toys are improving a heap. I guess you can also say for those who play musical instruments on here, it's easier to cover melodies, riffs, licks these days, because you can slow youtube music videos down to x0.25 of the speed and that is a real good feature. The medical side of technology is doing pretty well too, more cures are being discovered, they are continually finding better ways of doing medical procedures. Then there is a negative to technology, it's putting some people out of jobs, but then as time moves on, there is a growing range of new occupations.

Governments/Councils - 3

I guess we could say they aren't as good as they used to be, some of the programs the governments fund, are a waste of money, then they are spending record money on things that don't need anywhere near that kind of money, then you have the overpaid public service workers of Australia $100,000 a year salaries, while there are plenty of low paid workers in cafes, factories, small businesses, it's basically unfair...., over taxing that's linked, councils are too strict, too many regulations, and they grab too much money, you are only allowed to keep 4 hens in the far-outer east semi-rural towns of Melbourne on properties under an acre, but you can keep 10 hens in areas that are more inner city that are probably 500 square metre, now that is ridiculous.... and then there is the permit to keep a goat, to keep a sheep, to keep an alpaca, and you might have a water tank, but water run off still needs to be paid for.

Foods - 6

Too many genetically modified foods, they should try to keep the main sources of food as natural as we can, mum say's no wonder people's immune systems don't seem to be as good as they used to be, then again we do have some delicious recipes out there these days haha.

Weather Bureau - 10

I would have to agree with you on that one Miss Hepburn, no argument there.

Society - 3.5

Obvious reasons, too many protests, too many anarchists, left vs right is getting violent, freedom of speech is being lost, people aren't as inviting as they used to be.

Lifestyle - 4

The putting away of traditional living is not a great thing, gone are the days of people milking their own cows, riding horses, donkeys, producing your own food, catching food, not very many are self sufficient of their own properties like they used to be.

So I under rated the 1st post, now that I have figured this out properly, I could keep going, there are so many factors, I would rate progressiveness today 5/10, some upsides, some downsides.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miss Hepburn