Promises from God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

I love this passage, there are a couple of promises here.

One of them is that we who are born again, the children of the Living God, we have been promised that when we see Jesus, we will be like Him, seeing Him as He is.

How well do we see Him now? Will seeing Him more accurately, more clearly now, will this make us more like Him now? I believe so!

This "hope", the expectation of what will happen as we believe what God has said, our next promise here is that that if we have this hope, we will purify ourselves, even as He is pure.

Do you want to be pure?

A promise = one's self commitment towards something.

2 Peter 1:2-4 KJV
2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have found that with a lot of God's promises terms and conditions apply, such as:-
2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have found that with a lot of God's promises terms and conditions apply, such as:-
2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
It will always say, I find. Some are conditional, some are absolute, and some apply only to certain people.

Much love!

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will always say, I find. Some are conditional, some are absolute, and some apply only to certain people.

Much love!

8,810 Wonderful Promises Of God are contained within the Bible....”ALL of the Promises Of God are YES in Him”..... it’s a shame that most people are taught to see the Bible as a Rule Book.....

Reactions: MatthewG and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8,810 Wonderful Promises Of God are contained within the Bible....”ALL of the Promises Of God are YES in Him”..... it’s a shame that most people are taught to see the Bible as a Rule Book.....
Do you have a favorite?

Here's another of mine,

Philippians 3:20-21 KJV
20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Much love!

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a favorite?

Here's another of mine,

Philippians 3:20-21 KJV
20) For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Much love!

A Favorite? Yes.....” Anybody that asks to be Saved will be saved”

Reactions: marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Mark
To add to your message I would add 2 Corinthians 5.

A great message for those to understand that one day this body will be done away with. All the groaning will stop one day; when going on to the heavenly realm.

May the God of peace be with you and all.

:)

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Mark
To add to your message I would add 2 Corinthians 5.

A great message for those to understand that one day this body will be done away with. All the groaning will stop one day; when going on to the heavenly realm.

May the God of peace be with you and all.

:)
That's a great chapter!

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

And to know we can praise Him today having given us of His Spirit, His guarantee to us that we will in fact live with Him in the heavenlies.

Much love!