Promises to His People

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[SIZE=medium]Jeremiah 30:23-24 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]See what a fiery wind has gone out from the Lord. A whirlwind[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]that sweeps around the heads of the wicked, the Lord’s anger is not to be turned aside until He has fully accomplished His purpose.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Jeremiah 30:4-7 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]This is what the Lord says to Israel and Judah: We have heard a cry of[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]terror, of fear without relief, every face turns pale. How awful is that Day, there has been none like it.[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] It is a time of anguish for Jacob, yet he will come through it safely.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]This describes the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, the next prophesied event, the Sixth Seal, in the near future. It will clear the way for His people, righteous Israel, be they true descendants of Jacob or grafted in, to gather and settle in New Israel. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Jeremiah 30:1-3 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Y’hovah, the God of Israel, tells Jeremiah to write His words: The time[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]is coming, when I shall restore the fortunes of My people, both Judah and Israel, and bring them back to take possession of the Land which I gave to their ancestors.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Jeremiah 30:8-11 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]In that Day, I shall break the yoke of servitude off[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]their necks, they will serve only Me and David, their King, raised up for them. Do not be afraid, Israel, My servants, for [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]I shall bring you back safe from afar, all your posterity from the lands where they are now. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]You will be at rest once more, secure and untroubled, for I am with you, to save you. The nations will be punished and you too, will be disciplined as you deserve.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Jeremiah 30:12-17 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Israel and Judah punished for their sins by exile among the nations.[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Yet all who despoiled you will themselves be despoiled, I will heal your wounds.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Jeremiah 30:18-22 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]The Lord says: I shall restore the fortunes of all Israel and show my[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]love for his dwellings. Cities and houses will be rebuilt where they once were. From them, praise and merrymaking will be heard. My people will increase and be honoured, their oppressors will be punished.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]A ruler will appear, one of themselves, a governor will arise from[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]among them. I will bring him near and let him approach Me[/SIZE][SIZE=medium].[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]So you will be My people and I shall be your God.[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Ref: REB. Verses abridged.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Jeremiah 30:24b [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]In days to come, you will understand.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]These wonderful promises to His servants, all righteous Israel – their heritage restored, brought back safely from afar, to take possession of their Land, secure and untroubled, cities and houses rebuilt, they will increase and be honoured.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]It is not hard to imagine, the ‘praise and merrymaking’ of His people after such amazing promises are fulfilled. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The King mentioned in Jeremiah 30:9 will be Jesus, after His Return. But, before the Return, ‘a leader will appear, one of themselves’, he will be able to approach the Lord in the same way as Moses and David did, so long ago. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]All the Lord's righteous people, will live in peace and prosperity in the Land of Greater Israel, after the clearance brought about by the Day of the Lord. They will send out 144,000 missionaries to proclaim the gospel of the coming Kingdom of God.[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Isaiah 66:19.[/SIZE]

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[SIZE=medium]Jesus said; [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Do not assume that I have come to bring peace on the earth. I did not come[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]to bring peace, but a sword[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. Matthew 10:34-36[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Luke 12:49 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]I am come to set fire to the earth and how I wish it were already kindled.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Jesus makes statements that contradict today’s picture of Him as a gentle pacifist and seems to differ from what the angels announced at His birth, but it isn’t; they told of the beginning of the end of this age of enmity between God and humanity and the coming of final reconciliation. Until that happens, we are still in that age of enmity and God must impose consequences on both our good and evil choices. We have free will, mostly so that we can freely love Him, because only freely chosen love is true love. Thus, if God only rewarded the good but left the evil unpunished, He would act arbitrarily, against His just nature and our free choices become meaningless.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]From Isaiah 63:1-6...[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]I resolved on a Day of vengeance....[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] we have a graphic description of the Lord carrying out His just retribution against His enemies. The reason for their destruction is foretold in Romans 9:22-23. Many other passages describe this soon to happen, terrible Day of the Lords wrath. This cannot be at the same time as the Return of Jesus, as the Day of the Lord is a worldwide event, whereas at His Return, Jesus disposes of the Beast, the False Prophet and the armies attacking Jerusalem. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The fact that the Lord’s garments become blood stained during His Day of vengeance, then - at His Return, it states that He “[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]is robed in a garment dyed in blood[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]”, this proves that the Day of the Lord is some time before His Return.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Isaiah 66:15-16 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]See; the Lord is coming in fire, His chariots like a whirlwind, bringing[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]retribution in His furious anger. The Lord will judge with fire – by His sword He will test all mankind. Many will be slain by Him[/SIZE][SIZE=medium].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Many people today, combine prophecies like Isaiah 63 & 66, with the Return of Jesus. To do this requires that you allegorize either these verses or the accurate descriptions of His Return in Rev 19, Zech. 14:3-5 and Matthew 24:30[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Psalm 50:1-6 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]The Lord God has spoken and summoned the world. He shines from Zion, in[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]His glory. He will not remain silent, a [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]consuming fire[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] goes before Him and [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]storms rage [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]around Him. The heavens and the earth look on at the judging of His people.[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Gather to Me, My loyal servants, those, who by sacrifice have made a covenant with Me. The heavens will proclaim His justice, for God Himself is judge. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Ezekiel 34:11-31[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The Lord’s loyal servants are gathered into Zion, all the Promised Land. Then, it isn’t until later, when the Great Tribulation is over, that Jesus Returns and reigns for 1000 years.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Therefore, the next event on the prophetic calendar is the Lords Day of vengeance.[/SIZE]​