Prophecy question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have many of you done a lengthy study of prophecy as told in Daniel, Ezekiel and throughout the Scriptures? I've been listening lately to a fellow on youtube, Les Feldick, an avid dispensationalist, who teaches verse by verse from Genesis to Revelation.

I speed ahead at times in an attempt to find what he has to say about certain books and stumbled onto his sessions on prophecy, where he describes certain images, dreams, etc. and strongly asserts the ages and empires as being representative of Persia, Alexander the Great, the Roman Empire and others.

Being Charismatic, very little analysis of biblical prophecy was ever opened to me throughout the years I religiously attended. What value do you place on this subject? Does it aid, in any way, your walk with the Lord?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I
Have many of you have done a lengthy study of prophecy as told in Daniel, Ezekiel and throughout the Scriptures? I've been listening lately to a fellow on youtube, Les Feldick, an avid dispensationalist, who teaches verse by verse from Genesis to Revelation.

I speed ahead at times in an attempt to find what he has to say about certain books and stumbled onto his sessions on prophecy, where he describes certain images, dreams, etc. and strongly asserts the ages and empires as being representative of Persia, Alexander the Great, the Roman Empire and others.

Being Charismatic, very little analysis of biblical prophecy was ever opened to me throughout the years I religiously attended. What value do you place on this subject? Does it aid, in any way, your walk with the Lord?

I came to believe the Bible was true because of the prophecies, so I've have to say that yes, I've found it enhancing to my walk with God.

;)

But more to your question itself, some of the ways the study of prophecy enhances my walk with God,

Knowing that this is all planned for. Now, I don't have to be told the plan, but we are, and I find its outworking evident, and it increases my faith.

Showing me the character of the God Whom I serve. Prophecy reveals Him to me.

Assuring me of a just end. Again, I don't have to have prophecy, if God simply wanted to say, I'm fair, that is enough. But He did say more, and it does give me assurance.

Lots of good clean healthy enjoyment digging into it all.

These are what come quickly to mind.

Much love!

Reactions: Hope in God

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have many of you have done a lengthy study of prophecy as told in Daniel, Ezekiel and throughout the Scriptures? I've been listening lately to a fellow on youtube, Les Feldick, an avid dispensationalist, who teaches verse by verse from Genesis to Revelation.

The value is in looking forward to the promises of God. It is like hope, without which one is lost...or worse, begins to think that this is all there is. Such is the fallen world.

If you speak with a counselor or some such, you will probably be told just the opposite, to live in the "now", "in the moment." Indeed, if you don't look at the past and don't think about the future, life can be two-thirds simpler. But that is life in the world, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in to steal. So the world will tell you to lay up treasures in worldly things, but prophecy from God speaks of what is sure, and of heavenly things.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have many of you have done a lengthy study of prophecy as told in Daniel, Ezekiel and throughout the Scriptures?
Yes I have (and not relying on the well-known commentaries, which will seriously mislead you).
I've been listening lately to a fellow on youtube, Les Feldick, an avid dispensationalist, who teaches verse by verse from Genesis to Revelation.
Sounds fine, since I subscribe to Dispensationalism. However, be wary of anything that sounds Hyper- or Ultra - Dispensationalist.

The fundamental principle to follow is that God says what He means, and means what He says.

Reactions: Hope in God

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You can pick up some good things from Les, although I tended to speed through him sometimes myself. Been a long time since I watched him.

As for the question of if understanding Biblical prophecy aids in one's walk, absolutely it does. When you understand the beginning from the end, you know your place in time in church history and you know what is coming and what to be looking for regarding the signs that will proceed His coming. It's actually a Biblical command to be watching for such things, so you would do well to become increasingly educated in the matter. Just keep in mind that putting together prophetic timelines by comparing various passages can be very heady business, so don't allow yourself to study it but without becoming too nervous about understanding it all immediately. It will come with time and prayer, as the Holy Spirit illuminate the scriptures to you.

God bless, and be encouraged. Revelations promised that blessed is the man who reads it, and this applies to the rest of Biblical prophecy as well.