prophecy questions about God's Timelines - invitation...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...for my precious friends, @covenantee, @jeffweeder, and @rwb (out of town 2 months? - have a great trip!), I wish to continue puzzling questions here, to hopefully piece together 'this prophetic jigsaw.' of course, with the help of your courteous, kind, and patient attention in answering, if it is ok? (I apologize if this 'formatting' is very messy :cry:)

So far, in review of 70 weeks (Daniel 9:24-27):

[lazy :innocent: ] Gaq (Grace ambassador question): exactly "when the 69th week ended? @rwb answer:

• Daniel's 69th week ended, and the 70th week began in "27 AD, when Christ began His earthly ministry."

• @rwb 'liked' this affirmation:
Dan 9:24 "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy​
holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to​
make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness,​
and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy."​

The 69th week Ended "The Very Day The Messiah Was Baptized
(Anointed) With The Holy Spirit, And the 70th week Began...
  • In the midst [3.5 years] of this 70th week "Messiah was cut off (crucified and died)"?:

• @covenantee answer: Daniel 9:24 was fulfilled in Jesus' complete and
    • perfect Sacrifice at Calvary in the midst (30 AD) of the 70th week (Daniel 9:27).:
holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to
  • after 62 weeks? Yes, since "midst of 70th week" is after 62 weeks?:
Dan 9:26 "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be
cut off, but not for Himself: and the people of the prince that shall​
come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof​
shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are​
determined."​
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one​
week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and​
the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations​
he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that​
determined shall be poured upon the desolate.​

• prophetic parable (Luk 13:5-9) After His Resurrection/Ascension, God Permitted one
    • more year to find out IF national Israel will "repent and bear Much fruit"?

• 31 AD, Did Israel "fall" (Rom 11:7-12) when they blasphemed The Holy Spirit,
      • speaking through Stephen, when?:
"...they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears,​
and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him out of the​
city, and stoned him..." (Acts 7:55-58)​

@covenantee: God actually permitted more than 30 years,​
as the destruction of Jerusalem and Judea did not occur until 70 AD.​
Sound about right?

Next question, I think would be to unpack this view: Does 70 AD then refer to this?:

Dan 9:26 "...the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the
city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and
unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

So, 'Gaq' (Chris E) asks:

Who is "the prince" (Vespasian or Titus?) and who are "the people (Roman soldiers?) of the prince"?

Thanks again for all your excellent help...

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

Daniel 8:9-14 tells us who the "Prince" is that is to come and the army he was given in the 70 AD event in Jerusalem was from the Roman Empire.

The 2,300-year prophecy of the Little Horn trampling God's Sanctuary and His Earthly Hosts began around the year 250 BC, and the influence of the Little Horn will continue for a little while longer before the heavenly Hosts and the Kings of the Earth are judged for their activity against God.

But this understanding all depends on our ability to correctly identify who all the players are over this 2,300- year period.

Shalom

Last edited:

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here is the text of Daniel 9:26-27 in the NKJVersion with my notes inserted in color.

After the sixty-two weeks Messiah (Jesus) shall be cut off, but not for himself; and the people (Roman troops in ad 70) of the prince who is to come (Titus, a roman general and prince) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, and till the end of the war desolations are determined.

He (Messiah) shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; but in the middle of the week (3½ yrs after his revealing) shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. (temple curtain torn) And on the wing of abominations (ongoing sacrifice an abomination) shall be one who makes desolate, (Titus destroys temple) even until the consummation, which is determined, is poured out on the desolate. (judgement on Jerusalem)

Notice, the destruction is attributed to “the people of the prince,” not to the prince himself. Such a distinction would be superfluous, if it were not for the fact that Titus had instructed his troops to preserve the temple, but they disobeyed orders and torched it anyway. The people of the prince did it!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who is "the prince" (Vespasian or Titus?) and who are "the people (Roman soldiers?) of the prince"?
I love Chris; his "Atonement Clock" is an epic.

But the "prince" in Daniel 9:26 is Messiah.

Messiah is the only One identified as a prince in the passage.

Reactions: rwb

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The people of Messiah in this event were both the Romans and the Jews, who were collectively His instruments of judgment and destruction against the nation which had rejected Him. Messiah was the Divine Orchestrator.

The role of the Romans is indisputable; the historian Josephus provides exhaustive accounts of all that is necessary for confirmation. But what is typically unknown is the complicit role of the Jews themselves. From the Jewish Virtual Library:

"The scene was now set for the revolt's final catastrophe. Outside Jerusalem, Roman troops prepared to besiege the city; inside the city, the Jews were engaged in a suicidal civil war. In later generations, the rabbis hyperbolically declared that the revolt's failure, and the Temple's destruction, was due not to Roman military superiority but to causeless hatred (sinat khinam) among the Jews (Yoma 9b). While the Romans would have won the war in any case, the Jewish civil war both hastened their victory and immensely increased the casualties. One horrendous example: In expectation of a Roman siege, Jerusalem's Jews had stockpiled a supply of dry food that could have fed the city for many years. But one of the warring Zealot factions burned the entire supply, apparently hoping that destroying this "security blanket" would compel everyone to participate in the revolt. The starvation resulting from this mad act caused suffering as great as any the Romans inflicted."

The Romans were led by the prince Titus, which is frequently a source of confusion when interpreting the passage.

But the Prince who was in command and control was Messiah.

He is the only prince in the passage.

Reactions: rwb

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hello,

It seems that there are a few blind people responding in this thread who cannot recognise the Spiritual Entities pulling the puppet strings standing hidden behind the black curtain so that they are not obvious or seen.

Shalom

Reactions: David in NJ

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan 9:26 "...the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

the "prince" in Daniel 9:26 is Messiah.

Messiah is the only One identified as a prince in the passage.
but (among friends ;) ), au contraire?
the people (Roman troops in ad 70) of the prince who is to come (Titus, a roman general and prince) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, and till the end of the war desolations are determined.
Thanks. Now, this view of prophetic theology that has the 70th week ending in 34 AD,
and Also 70 AD for the [prophetic? Mat_24:2; Mar_13:2; Luk_19:44; Luk_21:6] destruction
of Jerusalem, Correct?:
Dan 9:24 "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city..."
Now, the question is: What do I do with the [70-34] 36-year discrepancy, because,
unless my math is mistaken, that would be 75 weeks Plus 'one year', eh?
----------------------------------
Is this the associated theology?:

"Full, or extreme, Preterism contends that all prophecy (including Christ’s Second Coming and bodily resurrection) was fulfilled by A.D. 70. Full Preterism maintains that believers have been spiritually resurrected and the creation spiritually restored, so the church presently exists in the eternal state of the new heavens and new earth."

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks. Now, this view of prophetic theology that has the 70th week ending in 34 AD,
and Also 70 AD for the [prophetic? Mat_24:2; Mar_13:2; Luk_19:44; Luk_21:6] destruction
of Jerusalem, Correct?:
Correct.
Now, the question is: What do I do with the [70-34] 36-year discrepancy, because,

"Full, or extreme, Preterism contends that all prophecy (including Christ’s Second Coming and bodily resurrection) was fulfilled by A.D. 70. Full Preterism maintains that believers have been spiritually resurrected and the creation spiritually restored, so the church presently exists in the eternal state of the new heavens and new earth."
I'll leave that for Chris, who has good insight on it.

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
of Jerusalem, Correct?:
The midst of the 70th week was 7th April AD 30. The destruction of Jerusalem is not part of the 'weeks.' The fall of Jerusalem and destruction of the temple did not take place within the actual seventy weeks; the prophet was simply providing information of the aftermath to the weeks in order to explain what the eventual outcome would be.

Here is a useful diagram for you.

daniels-70-weeks-2.png

The 40 years from the Cross till the destruction of Jerusalem is referenced in Daniel 9:27 as an "overspreading abomination." Modern translations wrongly call it a "wing of the temple." No, it was an "overspreading" - that is - the resumption of animal sacrifice in defiance of Christ's finished work and overspreading until a time of testing was complete.

Preterism makes the same mistake as Dispensational Futurism. They propose a gap in the last week. However, there is no gap whether 40 years or 2000 years long. For my research on prophetic timelines, please get 'The Atonement Clock.'

• Love
Reactions: rwb and covenantee

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...for my precious friends, @covenantee, @jeffweeder, and @rwb (out of town 2 months? - have a great trip!), I wish to continue puzzling questions here, to hopefully piece together 'this prophetic jigsaw.' of course, with the help of your courteous, kind, and patient attention in answering, if it is ok? (I apologize if this 'formatting' is very messy :cry:)

[lazy :innocent: ] Gaq (Grace ambassador question): exactly "when the 69th week ended? @rwb answer:

• Daniel's 69th week ended, and the 70th week began in "27 AD, when Christ began His earthly ministry."

• In the midst [3.5 years] of this 70th week "Messiah was cut off (crucified and died)"?:

• perfect Sacrifice at Calvary in the midst (30 AD) of the 70th week (Daniel 9:27).:
determined."​

• prophetic parable (Luk 13:5-9) After His Resurrection/Ascension, God Permitted one

Sound about right?

Next question, I think would be to unpack this view: Does 70 AD then refer to this?:

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained "Future"?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four Hundred Ninety Years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal "Future" weeks or 490 days.

When the "Future" call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period in preparing to build.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the armies surrounding Jerusalem, this stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see (The Antichrist) revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation starts at this time.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

determined."​

Sound about right?

I believe all the answers to your first question are wrong. The death of Christ ended the 69th week and the 70th week never began. The duration of Christ's ministry isn't in any prophecy. What is important is "when" Messiah the King "officially" came to Jerusalem/Israel in fulfillment of prophecy and Zech. 9:9 tells us, "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass." This occurred just three days before his crucifixion when Messiah was "cut off". If I may, regarding the 2nd question, The first part of vs. 26 is the key, "the people of the prince that shall come..."The army that destroyed Jerusalem and the temple were "not" Roman. The army was made up of conscripted soldiers from the conquered nations surrounding Israel. Only the higher ranking officers were actually Roman. The "prince that shall come" is "not" Titus but the future a/c and this is the same person being spoken of in vs. 27. Titus never wanted the temple destroyed but the 'army" got carried away with their looting of the temple and the fire was either of an accidental nature or a refusal of orders. The 10 nation confederacy of the beast/anti-christ will consist of those same nations of the "people of the prince" from 70ad, so they were nations from the 'eastern" part of the Roman empire, thus the iron/clay mixture of the 10 toes. I believe that the time of Jacob's trouble began in 70ad and is still ongoing. That is what will "end w/ a flood" and the desolations of the a/c will last until Armageddon. The "flood", imo, is the same one from Rev. 12:15 and the woman in question there consists of believing Israel who fulfilled Zech. 12:10 when they see the a/c break the 2nd commandment and set up the Abomination of Desolation as found in Rev. 13:14-15 and they will be kept safe by God for 3 1/2 yrs. when "the end of the war" will end w/ Armageddon. The AoD is "not" found in Dan. 9:27. Jesus's quote is from either Dan. 11:31 or 12:11.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

determined."​

Sound about right?

You are being grossly misled. The "Messiah the Prince" in Daniel 9:25 (KJV), is about Lord Jesus Christ. It can ONLY apply to Jesus because that title, "Messiah the Prince" is about a Priest-King, and there is only one Priest-King, Lord Jesus Himself. Thus that cannot... be about an antichrist.

Likewise, the Subject of the Dan.9:25-26 verses is about Lord Jesus Christ, when He would come, and that He would be "cut off" after the 69th week.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but (among friends ;) ), au contraire?

of Jerusalem, Correct?:

An evil one does the acts in Daniel 9:27 on the 70th week, not our Lord Jesus.

The New Living Translation keeps it very simple...

Dan 9:27
27 The ruler will make a treaty with the people for a period of one set of seven, but after half this time, he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings. And as a climax to all his terrible deeds, he will set up a sacrilegious object that causes desecration, until the fate decreed for this defiler is finally poured out on him."
New Living Translation

The most important act of evil that false one above will do is setup that abomination IDOL that causes spiritual desecration. That is the "abomination of desolation" event that Jesus warned us about in Matthew 24:15 and Mark 13:14, warning that when those in Jerusalem 'see' that abomination standing where it ought not, inside the temple, to flee Judea. And that is not about 70 A.D. It is about the very end of this world just prior to Christ's future return.

The Events of Dan.9:27:

That "treaty" is the "league" that the "vile person" of Daniel 11 makes...

Dan 11:21-23
21 And in his estate shall stand up
a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.
23 And after
the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.
KJV

2. Then that "vile person" will take away the daily sacrifices, just like the Daniel 9:27 verse shows. And then he will cause the placing of the "abomination that maketh desolate", which is about an IDOL abomination placed inside the Jewish temple for false worship...

Dan 11:30-31
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do;
he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
KJV

That placing of that "abomination that maketh desolate" is the "set up a sacrilegious object that causes desecration" of the Daniel 9:27 verse.

Those... are the 70th week events the liars are not bothering to cover. They don't want the deceived to understand those 70th week events of Daniel 9:27 because that would expose... their false doctrine as a fraud.

NONE of those 70th week events are about Jesus of Nazareth. Most likely, their false doctrine is a doctrine by the 'false Jews' of the "synagogue of Satan" that hate Jesus and Christians (Revelation 2:9 and 3:9).

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained "Future"?
Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written
(Four Hundred Ninety Years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.
Thanks So Much, I appreciate a man who "does his homework" - will definitely take this
under advisement...

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Grace, if it pleases you may I be permitted to suggest that the solution is not found by trying to lump all of the five prophetic utterances together as if these four verses are all one prophecy. I believe that that is not the case. Allow me to demonstrate: -

Prophecy 1

In this verse there is a part for the Israelites to perform and a part for Christ to bring into being.

The part for the Israelites to comply with: -

Dan 9:24a: -
24 "Seventy weeks are determined​
For your people and for your holy city,​
To finish the transgression,​
To make an end of sins,​
NKJV

And the Part that Christ brought into being is this which changed the process by which sins/iniquities would be forgiven: -

Dan 9:24b: -
To make reconciliation for iniquity,​
To bring in everlasting righteousness,​
To seal up vision and prophecy,​
And to anoint the Most Holy.​
NKJV

The second commandment is in play here where God is extending 490 years of Grace to the Israelites and the Holy City to repent of their idolatrous iniquities, which would bring on the visitation of the fathers' iniquities, during the first and second ages of the existence of the nation of Israel from the time of Isaac's birth, upon their children and the children's children during the third and the fourth ages of the existence of the nation of Israel from the time of Isaac's birth. This warning is contained in Ex 20:4-6. The beginning of the third age of the existence of the nation of Israel from the time of Isaac's birth began with the birth of Christ.

This prophecy is complete in and of itself, in that the verses 25-27 has no bearing on its outcome.

Prophecy 2

This prophecy deals with the reconstruction of the Temple and Jerusalem up and until the completion of Herold' refurbishment of the Temple in Jerusalem.

Dan 9:25

25 "Know therefore and understand,​
That from the going forth of the command​
To restore and build Jerusalem​
Until Messiah the Prince,​
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;​
The street shall be built again, and the wall,​
Even in troublesome times.​
NKJV

This prophecy had run it full course before the Christ began His ministry, Verse 26a suggests that there is not real connect between the prophecy in verse 25 with the prophecy contained in verse 26a, only that sometime after the completion of the verse 25 prophecy, that the Christ would be killed. We are given no information as to how long after the completion oof the verse 25 prophecy that the Messiah died on the cross. This connection of the time period between the two prophecies is not necessary for us to know.

Prophecy 3: -

Dan 9:26: -
26 "And after the sixty-two weeks​
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;​
NKJV

This prophecy confirms that Christ will fully complete his part in verse 24b and he will do so through His death on a cross.

Prophecy 4: -

Dan 9:26a
And the people of the prince who is to come​
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.​
The end of it shall be with a flood,​
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.​
NKJV

This prophecy is a repeating in part of the Dan 8:9-14 where the Little Horn is given an army to trample God's Sanctuary and His Earthly Hosts and this is just one of the working out of this prophecy, except we are told the until the end of the war, in my opinion, in heaven, the land of Judah would remain desolate.

The removal of the Temple and the scattering of the Israelites to the four-compass points on the earth is foretold to us in 2 Chron 7:19-22: -

2 Chron 7:19-22: - 19 "But if you turn away and forsake My statutes and My commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other gods, and worship them, 20 then I will uproot them from My land which I have given them; and this house which I have sanctified for My name I will cast out of My sight, and will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples.​
21 "And as for this house, which is exalted, everyone who passes by it will be astonished and say, 'Why has the Lord done thus to this land and this house?' 22 Then they will answer, 'Because they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, who brought them out of the land of Egypt, and embraced other gods, and worshiped them and served them; therefore He has brought all this calamity on them.'"​
NKJV

The same warning is given in Ex 20:4-6.

The question that arises from this prophecy is, "When does the war end?"

To answer this question, we need to consider, Rev 12: -

Rev 12:7-9: - 7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.​
NKJV

Now this prophecy is also found in Isaiah 24:21-22 in which the Judges heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth are imprisoned for many days to await the time of their punishment. In Revelation 20:1-3 we are told that Satan is imprisoned in the Bottomless Pit for 1,000-years, before he and the other imprisoned heavenly hosts and kings of the earth released for a little while. The time of the judgement of the Heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth both happen when the kings of the earth are judged at Armageddon in our near future, possibly within the next 25 or so years.

Prophecy 5: -

This prophecy takes place after the Little Horn, i.e., the False Prophet, is released from the Bottomless Pit. Verse 27 follows on from verse 26b, but with a 1,000-year time gap between the end of verse 26b and the start of 27: -

Dan 9:27: -
27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;​
But in the middle of the week​
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.​
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,​
Even until the consummation, which is determined,​
Is poured out on the desolate."​
NKJV​

The he, at the start of verse 27 is the same prince who is to come in verse 26b. In Verse 26b we know the prince is the Little Horn but in verse 27 the "he" is the Little Horn/AKA the False Prophet of the Book of Revelation and we know that the beast and the False Prophet/AKA the Little Horn are both captured and dispatched into the lake of Fire towards the very end of the Seventh Age.

I Hope that this explanation helps you in understanding the Daniel 9:24-27 passage.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Daniel's 69th week ended, and the 70th week began in "27 AD, when Christ began His earthly ministry."
Daniel's 69th week ended when Messiah was "cut off" but not for Himself. It was on the 14th of Nisan in 30 AD that Christ was crucified as our Passover Lamb.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

The "weeks" of Daniel are heptads or periods of seven years each.
"seven weeks" = 7 x 7 = 49 years
"threescore weeks" = 3 x 20 x 7 = 420 years
"two weeks" = 2 x 7 = 14 years
TOTAL = 483 years
"70 weeks" = 70 x 7 = 490 years

490 - 483 = 7 years (DANIEL'S 70TH WEEK)
These seven years will be in the future, with the first 3 1/2 years assigned to the Antichrist ("the prince that shall come") and the last 3 1/2 years assigned to the Great Tribulation.