Prophetic Timeline?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would you think of a prophet who says this?
Screenshot_20220526-131853~2.png

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 55:11
[11]So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Reactions: amigo de christo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe no one cares about prophetic accuracy and integrity of those who call themselves "prophets."

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
God's prophetic clock is Off? Seems like a stupid excuse. We know God acts with timing that gets him the glory. If a prophecy were delayed being fulfilled, it would be for mercy sake.

We know prayers tend to get answered either immediately, or even before we asked, or at the last minute. So we know it is God who has done this thing.

Reactions: ScottA and TLHKAJ

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 22912
AJ, there are no genuine prophets today or since Christ was on earth. Christ is not just the Lord and savior he is also the last prophet that ever lived as he had the word of God as he lived and still does and is today. What God's word says to us today comes through Christ and no one else. The angels do however at times, indeed sent the word of God through Christ today as he is the permanent word of God in the Kingdom of his Father.

This sequence of sending the word of God and of our future today is outlined in Revelation 1: 1-3

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

For God and his eternal word (divine voice-inner expression, words of power and inspiration) (John 1:1-2), to Christ's spirit, to the angel (sometimes) and then to us as servants. This is how our prophecies are obtained today AJ.

And we know that Christ is now the word of God for us as it says so in Rev 19:13

“He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called the word of God.”

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, @shilohsfoal and @lforrest ....I agree. I saw that statement and it was blatant as an accusation of God's inability to see and declare the end from the beginning and as an excuse to get prophecy wrong.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are FILLED with excuses for their failed prophecies!

:rolleyes:
I agree. And this person whose blog I have checked out has said some things I know and agree with. BUT ...I have seen some major red flags, contradictions, inconsistencies, and things that are not in agreement with scripture. And then today I saw the statement above and it angered me! (And btw, this person isn't a Trump follower. They actually said Biden would win and eventually be rendered incapacitated and Kamala would take control ......along with Obama. And that Obama would be the ruler over America from behind the scenes with Kamala as the front.)

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, there is coming a sudden and shocking world changer:
God will judge mankind – His righteous people will be saved. Acts 2:21

Nahum 1:1-3 The Lord is a jealous and avenging God, slow to anger and of great power. He will not let the guilty go unpunished.

Exodus 34:7 The Lord does not leave the guilty unpunished.

Hebrews 10:26-27 For if we deliberately persist in sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there can be no further expiation for our sins, only a terrifying expectation of judgement in a fierce fire which will consume God’s enemies.

Isaiah 26:21 The Lord is coming from His dwelling place to punish the people of the earth for their sins. The sins of the guilty will be revealed.

Psalms 21:8-9 Your hand will reach all your enemies, fire will totally consume them.

Psalms 110:5-6 The Lord crushes kings on the Day of His wrath. He judges the nations.

Habakkuk 3:12 Furiously, You traverse the earth and trample the nations.

Isaiah 63:1-6 Who is this coming in His strength, from Edom, Bozrah, with his garments stained red? I trampled the nations in My anger, for the Day of vengeance and the year for redeeming My own had come. [Then, some years later, Jesus Returns: wearing blood stained garments. Rev 19:13]

Ezekiel 7:2-4 The end is coming to all the earth, I shall unleash My anger upon the Land of Israel. I shall neither pity nor spare you, I shall make you suffer for your conduct. Doom is upon you – the Day is near, a Day of panic and you will know that the Lord struck you. [The current inhabitants of Israel are judged. Jer. 14:12]

Isaiah 30: 26-28 On the Day the Lord saves His [righteous] people, the sun will shine 7 times brighter and the moon will be as bright as the sun. The Lord comes from afar, [The Lord sends fire: Psalms 11:4-6, Amos 1] with burning anger and dense smoke. His breath is a consuming fire. He shakes the nations in a sieve of destruction.

Isaiah 30: 30-33 Then, the Lord will make His voice heard in majesty and reveal His arm descending in fierce anger with devouring fire and tempests of hail. Assyria will be punished [Isaiah 31:8] The Lord will set ablaze a fire pit in Topeth. [near Jerusalem]

Isaiah 30:29 But for you there will be songs, as on a feast day. Your hearts will rejoice, as you go up with music to the Mountain of the Lord, to the Rock of Israel.

Isaiah 29:17-20 In a very short time Lebanon [part of the holy Land] will return to garden land. On that Day, the deaf will hear and the blind will see. The lowly and poor will rejoice and exult in the Holy One of Israel, but the sinners and arrogant will cease to exist.

Isaiah 29:22-24 The Lord says: This is no time for Jacob to be shamed or frightened, for his descendants, [actual and Spiritual] will hallow My Name when they see what I have done, the work of My hand. They will regard God with awe and worship the Holy One of Israel.
Then the confused will gain understanding and the obstinate will accept instruction.

Ref: REB, NIV, KJV. Some verses abridged.

These Bible passages, describing the Lord’s judgement of fire on His enemies, are paralleled by Rev 6:12-17 – the Sixth Seal event.
THEN: “in a very short time”, for all His faithful Christian people, there will be rejoicing as they gather and settle in the Promised Land. Isaiah 30:15 In calm detachment lies your safety, your strength in trust.

There is no indication that any of these events occur at the time of the Return of Jesus in His glory. Therefore it all happens before then.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 22912

For starters, the Lord's clock is never off, only our estimation of it is. This is what Peter was warning about in that "the Lord is not slow concerning His promise," and also what Jesus taught in Matthew 24:

42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming... 45 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. 47 Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods. 48 But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The implication is that we do not know when He is coming, but He does. It means His clock is not off, but our estimation of it can be so we need to be careful about assuming things.

Secondly - and much more importantly - his leading words are a RED FLAG that should key off anyone knowledgeable about prophecy that there is a potential problem. His opening words are, "The last thing the Lord said to me." This phrase is thrown around by careless laymen quite a bit, but it is especially dangerous for anyone claiming to operate in prophecy to use them. Those who genuinely do operate in prophecy don't use this phrase much unless they actually mean it. They will instead qualify their words by saying, "This is what was shown to me," i.e. in a dream or vision, or "this is what I interpreted it to mean," or "I don't know what this means, but I do know what this does." Then they report what they interpret the Spirit of God has revealed to them concerning a matter.

People like John Paul Jackson and Rick Joyner did this, and it is what I do as well. Interpreting prophetic dreams and visions - especially extensive ones - is NOT some piece of cake, despite claims to the contrary by those who know nothing of the matter. But some wish to draw glory to themselves by simply saying "The Lord said such and such." To attach the Lord's name to a prophecy as if He has audibly spoken to you is a foolish and dangerous move, and not to be done unless one has indeed heard him loud and clear and knows it was unmistakably Him. It is putting words directly into the mouth of God, and those who do so had better not be lying, or they will stand accountable before God; they are the definition of what scripture refers to as a false prophet. As is stated, "Whosoever prophesies in My name and it does not come to pass, you shall not fear him."

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe no one cares about prophetic accuracy and integrity of those who call themselves "prophets."

There are a few real ones out there, but they will be born out by their accuracy - not 100% accuracy. This is yet another foolish and uninformed assumption made by people who know nothing of the matter, and are ignorant of what interpretation actually involves - but there will be a pattern of accuracy, and a high degree of it, in keeping with how well they have developed their ability to interpret both dreams and visions.

Reactions: dev553344

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a few real ones out there, but they will be born out by their accuracy - not 100% accuracy. This is yet another foolish and uninformed assumption made by people who know nothing of the matter, and are ignorant of what interpretation actually involves - but there will be a pattern of accuracy, and a high degree of it, in keeping with how well they have developed their ability to interpret both dreams and visions.
The only ability that needs to be developed is listening and hearing the voice of God who gives the interpretation. But I didn't create this thread to talk about dream interpretation.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 22912
I would say he is missing more than a few cogs.

The problem with timelines is they are according to the times of men and the world. Those who look to God should know better than make the world and men the measure of the things of God...unless one is only interested in the history of the world, or the measure of just how far off one can be.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say he is missing more than a few cogs.

The problem with timelines is they are according to the times of men and the world. Those who look to God should know better than make the world and men the measure of the things of God...unless one is only interested in the history of the world, or the measure of just how off one can be.

Actually, Scott, there is such a thing as a prophetic timeline. The issue is, how well do people know what it is. In this case, the individual in question thinks God's timeline is somehow "off."

That's taking error to a new level, Lol.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, Scott, there is such a thing as a prophetic timeline. The issue is, how well do people know what it is. In this case, the individual in question thinks God's timeline is somehow "off."

That's taking error to a new level, Lol.
Yah, this is true. I tend to lean completely away from thinking along the lines of things according to the world however. I suppose I do because it's like a point for the world every time. I prefer to stand back and say no to the world, that I may know the greater things of God by His own terms and from His perspective, and let the things of this world grow strangely dim...because being like Him is the ultimate goal. ;)