Prosperity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Haha this would be a good debate.

I see so many Christians slamming the prosperity teachings all day long, yet their is nothing wrong with being a wealthy Christian, God puts people into business for a reason, but it's the "love" of money that is where it goes wrong.

Is it God's will for Christians to be living a life in prosperity whether it's in the physical, supernatural or both? Is it God's will for Christians to get out of financial struggle? Is it God's will to live a life of abundance? Is it God's will for a Christian in business to prosper and be successful?

What about this scenario?

Is it ok for a mega rich preacher to buy a Rolls Royce, while he still gives 90% of his money to the poor?

Have fun.
;)

Reactions: FHII

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Same deal as everything traditional churches teach make some money and give us 10% of it, and that is another lie tiething. Any way we will get them that believe it and walk in it. we will get them that dont believe anything the bible says and will try and twist it, because they tried it and it never worked lol.

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see so many Christians slamming the prosperity teachings all day long, yet their is nothing wrong with being a wealthy Christian, God puts people into business for a reason, but it's the "love" of money that is where it goes wrong.

Is it God's will for Christians to be living a life in prosperity whether it's in the physical, supernatural or both? Is it God's will for Christians to get out of financial struggle? Is it God's will to live a life of abundance? Is it God's will for a Christian in business to prosper and be successful?

Is it ok for a mega rich preacher to buy a Rolls Royce, while he still gives 90% of his money to the poor?

Have fun.
;)

Josho, I am not going to post my position since we have spoken before on the topic. You already know where I stand. May I ask for two things?

Define prosperity?

And, will you give scripture to support that God wants some to be wealthy. My intention is not to lead you into a further debate with me. I will not respond. I would really like to read the input of others on scripture that supports wealth.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 4
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

Just saying...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Define prosperity?

And, will you give scripture to support that God wants some to be wealthy. My intention is not to lead you into a further debate with me. I will not respond. I would really like to read the input of others on scripture that supports wealth.

Well I expect a lot want an educated dictionary meaning, so here it is

Prosperity - a successful, flourishing, or thriving condition, especially in financial respects; good fortune.

But there's also prosperity in the supernatural, you may be poor in the physical but rich in your relationship with Christ, you may be rich in building up your rewards in heaven, you may be rich in spiritual gifts here on earth, so that's the other kind of prosperity and obviously the spiritual prosperity is better and more rewarding.

The other kind - earthly prosperity, prosperity in the physical, is it God's will for everyone? Well I can't speak for everyone, it depends on the calling, if you are called into business by God, you are obviously in there for a reason. For one who is called to be a missionary, I would say it's more of trusting God to provide for your needs, you trust God you give and you will receive. You look at the life of God's saints, preachers, missionaries and whatever, not a great deal of them were rich in the physical, but they were rich in the spiritual, and when they need something, God provided for them, and he still does. You may look at the mega preachers and judge them, but.... truth is, we don't know how much they give, you would assume they give a large sum of money to the poor and to help out others though, like the rich chucking in large sums into the offering in Mark 12:41, it doesn't matter whatever percentage it is, God still honors that, it's more about giving out of the heart, than the amount of money.

Looking at Joel Osteen and you can check this out for yourself too, they are financially helping out orphans in Guatemala, providing them food, medical supplies, helping with construction projects & training missionaries to most importantly share the gospel to others and help out with other things, that is not their only mission though, that is only one of their missions, there other missions are Honduras, El Salvador, Botswana, Belize, a high school in Haiti, 1 in San Francisco, Columbia, India.

So you want some verses backing up the prosperity teaching aiy? LOL. Whether they are in context on not, we gotta understand that God can show a verse to an individual person for a time and a season.

Proverbs 11:24-25
There is one who scatters, and yet increases all the more, and there is one who withholds what is justly due, and yet it results only in want. The generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered.

Proverbs 22:9
He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.

Matthew 6:3-4
But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.

Genesis 26:12
Then Isaac sowed in that land, and reaped in the same year a hundredfold; and the Lord blessed him

Genesis 39:3
Now his master saw that the Lord was with him and how the Lord caused all that he did to prosper in his hand.

Psalm 35:27
Let them shout for joy and rejoice, who favor my vindication; and let them say continually, “The Lord be magnified, who delights in the prosperity of His servant.”

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

;)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Looking at Joel Osteen and you can check this out for yourself too, they are financially helping out orphans in Guatemala, providing them food, medical supplies, helping with construction projects & training missionaries to most importantly share the gospel to others and help out with other things, that is not their only mission though, that is only one of their missions, there other missions are Honduras, El Salvador, Botswana, Belize, a high school in Haiti, 1 in San Francisco, Columbia, India.
"Missions" are also the chief culprit in Colonizing, and the role of missions in, most recently, Puerto Rico, but also pretty much everywhere else, the subjugation of India, etc, should be contrasted here imo.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree with whoever said about tithing. It is Old Testament ....Jesus set us free from the Law...and the sermon on the mount brings law of the spirit of life, UP ..to heart level...above the law!!
He gave us the Holy Spirit to lead us..He speaks and tells us where to give and what to give.
I have always wondered why these so called 'prosperity preachers' ...who tell their congregations to- "GIVE abundantly , and then 'their seed' will be returned to them double, triple, and more" . ...why THEY themselves give their money abundantly to the congregation as they leave the church, then they ( the preachers) can receive back , double, triple, and more!!! :) Put their money where their mouth is, and try it...IF indeed they really do believe it!

Reactions: Josho and Sword

chriscomplex

May 24, 2017
Brisbane
Faith
Country
Australia

Have fun.
;)
Actually money doesn't exist, it's a concept invented by man to buy what they didn't own in the first place.

Reactions: Josho and Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have fun.
;)

There is a difference between a rich man and a poor man in accordance to what is valued. But most prosperity preachers preach the entitlement to a nice house with a white picket fence, hence worldly values. And that is incorrect, and way off base period.

And again, prosperity is in the eye of the beholder, hence what is valued by the person’s reasoning on such. So, one could say rich/poor is relative. One may be rich in moneys but very poor in Spirit. Just what do you think Jesus was talking about when He referred to the poor considering He preached the Kingdom of God to the poor. How is it that feed any bellies?

So, if one has to justify to his fellow man his wealth, then why isn’t it understood that Jesus is the believer’s justification? Therefore, if you measure a man by his wealth or lack of it in worldly goods, then you have respect for such, which is discouraged by the Lord and His servants the apostles. It’s not the person and his possessions it those who think they have right to judge because they don’t have, or credit themselves for having and consider the poorer soul secondary to themselves.

but this subject in itself is the distraction from the Truth of the matter which is, what does God the Father value, and why don't you value the same thing, or at the least start a threat asking what God values? if you want to talk prosperity.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a difference between a rich man and a poor man in accordance to what is valued. But most prosperity preachers preach the entitlement to a nice house with a white picket fence, hence worldly values. And that is incorrect, and way off base period.

And again, prosperity is in the eye of the beholder, hence what is valued by the person’s reasoning on such. So, one could say rich/poor is relative. One may be rich in moneys but very poor in Spirit. Just what do you think Jesus was talking about when He referred to the poor considering He preached the Kingdom of God to the poor. How is it that feed any bellies?

So, if one has to justify to his fellow man his wealth, then why isn’t it understood that Jesus is the believer’s justification? Therefore, if you measure a man by his wealth or lack of it in worldly goods, then you have respect for such, which is discouraged by the Lord and His servants the apostles. It’s not the person and his possessions it those who think they have right to judge because they don’t have, or credit themselves for having and consider the poorer soul secondary to themselves.

but this subject in itself is the distraction from the Truth of the matter which is, what does God the Father value, and why don't you value the same thing, or at the least start a threat asking what God values? if you want to talk prosperity.

Have a look at my 2nd post though

Words of prosperity "the physical kind" aren't necessarily for everybody, though some preachers may make it public, but is more like a word of knowledge for someone or some people, for someone who say needs to pay of a house in a week, and they can't possibly make it in the natural with there job or doing overtime, and then Brian Carn gives out a word of prosperity for a person or a few people, and boom they receive that word and receive $100k the next day or whatever and pay of their house. Another scenario is maybe God is really wanting to bless someone, and some preacher gives out a word of prosperity and boom the next day God leads that person to find a gold nugget, Hallelujah.

But prosperity for the Spirit, is definitely God's will, he really wants us to profit in that way, like developing a deeper relationship with Jesus, growing faith as big as an oak tree, developing our Spiritual gifts, God revealing to us greater things, it really is his will for everyone to prosper in the Spiritual and is way better than being rich in the physical.

Either way, we shouldn't be limiting what God can do, whether if it's blessing us, providing for us, whether if it's healing the sick, raising the dead, the homeless getting a home, seeing an event before it happens, being teleport-ed supernaturally, preaching the gospel in a dream to people on the other side of the world in the physical through the power of the Holy Spirit, ISIS terrorists seeing visions and dreams of Jesus and turning to him and even seeing him while they are awake, splitting a river, shielding you from bullets from a machine gun. Ya know God can do anything.

Reactions: Sword

Aug 11, 2015
Faith
Country
Canada
Go for it...
Nothing is evil in itself.
But there has to be a vehicle by which the Christian builds character.
I would rather it be in material things than other wise...
The psalmist said not to be rich...
I would say they are words of wisdom.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah well this thread turned out different than I expected and it's not really a debate, I'm surprised in a way. LOLZ :D

18835705_1549511611767350_6799653647722739476_n.jpg

Reactions: Sword