Protestantism is a sin....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestantism is a sin against the Christian virtue of obedience!
(Spiritual anarchy)

Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Acts 5:32
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Lk 10:16 he who hears you (the apostles) hears me

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send (the apostles) receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21-23 as the father sent me, so send I you. (The apostles)

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers! Heb 13:17

We must be taught by Christ, thru His church by the apostles, Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4
Lk 24:27 acts 8:30-31 thee faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"the elder shall serve the younger"

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Spiritual anarchy)

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send (the apostles) receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers! Heb 13:17

You said: "We must be taught by Christ, thru His church by the apostles,.."

That is exactly what the Protestants are doing.

Also, there is no office of Bishop, distinct from Elder.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Spiritual anarchy)

We all need to know and remember that without protestantism we would not know any scripture, be able to read any scripture, or have any scripture.
The Catholic church used to burn people to death for teaching even the 10 commandments to their children.

So it is no small irony that @theefaith quotes the Bible in this thread! In English! There was a time when he would be killed by Catholics for doing so

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Absolutely Disagree.

Protestantism...is Protest Against men's man-made doctrines that corrupt the Lord's Doctrine.

Protest Against corrupt doctrines, IS NOT a SIN! It is the Complete Opposite of SIN!
It is Complete Standing with the Lords Doctrine, rather than corrupt man made doctrines!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We will always err when we look to people rather than God. The RC establishment places temporal markers over what was once a living spiritual entity. And the Protestants like disagreeing with anything that came before their leader...Luther>>who was NOT sent from God but merely was frustrated in his own understanding.

So people tend to choose from either dead option.

There is no need for a spiritual oversight if everyone is spiritually dead. So having bishops now is merely symbolic.

And to deny that spiritual oversight never existed goes too far the other way. Again, more symbolism and theory, but no power or life from heaven.

There is a oneness that is real but it is only found by actually entering into and abiding in Christ where He presently is. But who seeks the kingdom of God these days?
People divide because they are cut-off from the life of the Spirit. Otherwise there would be oneness. Before the devil infiltrated the church there was a catholic and apostolic authority in the churches. But no longer. Arguing between factions created by carnal religious minds only deepens the divide.

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Absolutely Disagree.

Protestantism...is Protest Against men's man-made doctrines that corrupt the Lord's Doctrine.

Protest Against corrupt doctrines, IS NOT a SIN! It is the Complete Opposite of SIN!
It is Complete Standing with the Lords Doctrine, rather than corrupt man made doctrines!

Oh there are plenty of protestants that follow man-made doctrine also....

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We will always err when we look to people rather than God. The RC establishment places temporal markers over what was once a living spiritual entity. And the Protestants like disagreeing with anything that came before their leader...Luther>>who was NOT sent from God but merely was frustrated in his own understanding.

So people tend to choose from either dead option.

There is no need for a spiritual oversight if everyone is spiritually dead. So having bishops now is merely symbolic.

And to deny that spiritual oversight never existed goes too far the other way. Again, more symbolism and theory, but no power or life from heaven.

There is a oneness that is real but it is only found by actually entering into and abiding in Christ where He presently is. But who seeks the kingdom of God these days?
People divide because they are cut-off from the life of the Spirit. Otherwise there would be oneness. Before the devil infiltrated the church there was a catholic and apostolic authority in the churches. But no longer. Arguing between factions created by carnal religious minds only deepens the divide.

I believe there was always a faithful remnant to Jesus Christ throughout Church history.

Back to @Taken

Honestly if we were to all be "Complete Standing with the Lords Doctrine," we would not be able to agree with any one denomination completely, as some manmade doctrine is a part of every denomination.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Honestly if we were to all be "Complete Standing with the Lords Doctrine," we would not be able to agree with any one denomination completely, as some manmade doctrine is a part of every denomination.
When it comes to the RCC Josho... we are dealing with a whole different ball of wax... there is a hidden agenda that many cannot see...Anyways... I made one last comment on the other thread and that's it for me... Catholicism is just one of those things I cannot RATIONALLY discuss without severe ramifications for my opinion.... so therefore.... this little lamb is going to BE GOOD and run off to the meadow for the rest of the day...

Sadly... we are on day 4 of yet another rainy day... so ... no beach AGAIN today... LOL

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And the Protestants like disagreeing with anything that came before their leader...Luther

In this case, there are Protestants that are missing out on a lot of the gems of the old Catholic Saints, they were so close to God, there's much we can learn from them, their "humility", their "generosity", their "devotion to God", their "compassion towards others", their "love for one another," and they didn't need a stage.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said: "We must be taught by Christ, thru His church by the apostles,.."

That is exactly what the Protestants are doing.

Also, there is no office of Bishop, distinct from Elder.

Acts 1:
15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,

22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.

24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Man made sects with contradicting doctrine are not in the church

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all need to know and remember that without protestantism we would not know any scripture, be able to read any scripture, or have any scripture.
The Catholic church used to burn people to death for teaching even the 10 commandments to their children.

So it is no small irony that @theefaith quotes the Bible in this thread! In English! There was a time when he would be killed by Catholics for doing so
It was the English that killed thousands of Catholics and Catholicism was banned in England where they destroyed churches and monasteries and the French hugonots burned churches and monasteries and killed many

remember it was monks in monasteries that devoted their whole to copying a bible by hand, bibles were not banned, they were rare, expensive and until the catholic schools of the 20th century most were illiterate

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely Disagree.

protest against Christ and His church and His revelation

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely Disagree.

did Christ found a church to teach the truth?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man made sects with contradicting doctrine are not in the church
Perhaps not, for a sect is simply a group, which some people name 'church' be it called Protestant, Catholic or something else.

Is not the Church to consist of people whose hearts are toward God without regard to organizational affiliations?

Is not the Church to consist of babies unable to walk or talk or partake of strong meat as well as oldsters who are partaking of the meat God provides to those who are really hungry and thirsty for the right things?

Who but God alone is able to see all of the hearts and give them a place on the right or on the left... or to cast anyone into outer darkness?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is not the Church to consist of people whose hearts are toward God without regard to organizational affiliations?

Is not the Church to consist of babies unable to walk or talk or partake of strong meat as well as oldsters who are partaking of the meat God provides to those who are really hungry and thirsty for the right things?
This is EXACTLY what the church is meant to be... PURE TRUTH....