Protestants view New Agers as heretics and Catholics view Protestants as heretics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have many new age values because they make more sense. As a result, Protestants accuse me of taking what I want out of the Bible or taking verses out of context and so I remind them that they do the same which is why there are so many denominations. A Baptist told me, "Oh, the New Age movement will come and go like the rest. The truth will still remain." So I told them, but you're a Baptist and only 400 or so years old (Baptists didn't come about till 1600), Christianity has been around before the Bible was even written. Pope Dameus sent Jerome to collect all the texts the churches were reading which led to the Bible. The majority of Christians had no idea about the Bible for the first 300-400 years. Why is the oldest Bible different from the Bible protestants go off of? Most Christians today are Catholic so anyone whose not Catholic and accuses me of heresy, I also remind them of the same thing they're accusing me of. Let's be honest, we are all heretics to someone.

Protestants will mention all the negative things about Catholicism referring to indulgences and the inquisition but the Protestants also killed those whom they viewed as heretics. The point is, Catholicism/Eastern Orthodox came before any Protestant so for a Protestant to accuse me of twisting scripture is hypocrisy. Catholics have plenty of reasons to think of Protestants as heretics.

Where many Catholics agree with me is this by the way:

upload_2022-4-22_10-15-43.png

Last edited:

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
New age is BS. You can’t manifest your earthy desires and you’re playing with demons.

I respectfully disagree because I view that as being based upon a dogmatic fear of hell (hence playing with demons). "If you don't agree with my book, you go to hell" type of thing. I'm viewed as self righteous but in my opinion those who proclaim Jesus as their savior are also self righteous because they look down on anyone who doesn't agree with them.

But all of that is beside the point which is that if a Protestant says I am a heretic, they are also heretics in the eyes of Catholics.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I respectfully disagree because I view that as being based upon a dogmatic fear of hell (hence playing with demons). The point here is that if a Protestant says I am a heretic, they are also heretics in the eyes of Catholics.
I’m not sure your point here. Everyone is a herretic in someone else’s eyes. That’s rather obvious.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I’m not sure your point here. Everyone is a herretic in someone else’s eyes. That’s rather obvious.

It's obvious to you but not others like that guy Mantis who says New Age is bs when I'm sure others see him as a heretic as well. So in essence me and him are in the same boat, both playing with demons.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's obvious to you but not others like that guy Mantis who says New Age is bs when I'm sure others see him as a heretic as well. So in essence me and him are in the same boat, both playing with demons.
So your purpose is simply to state “somebody else thinks you’re a heretic too!”?
Ok….

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So your purpose is simply to state “somebody else thinks you’re a heretic too!”?
Ok….

Exactly because not everyone sees that about themselves which is damaging throughout the world. It's easy for them to accuse others of heresy but they want to act all high and mighty as if they have the monopoly on the truth. "I'm with Jesus and you're a lost soul because you're not." That type of attitude is what disgusts me. And even when those people claim to say it out of compassion, they're really saying it out of pity. No matter how they want to sugarcoat it, deep down somewhere they think they're better. Their true colors show when you do something around them they don't like and they immediately jump to saying it's all because you don't have Jesus like they do. You seem to be a step ahead because even you recognize that we are heretics to someone. This thread is just providing a specific example of how say, Protestants think I'm a heretic and I have to remind them that they are too in the eyes of Catholics. There's just so many people who lack self awareness, all they do is blame. I'm simply saying when you point the finger at me, you have 3 pointing back at you. I think that because this is so obvious like you've said, is precisely the reason why it's overlooked by many.

Last edited:

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I respectfully disagree because I view that as being based upon a dogmatic fear of hell (hence playing with demons). "If you don't agree with my book, you go to hell" type of thing. I'm viewed as self righteous but in my opinion those who proclaim Jesus as their savior are also self righteous because they look down on anyone who doesn't agree with them.

But all of that is beside the point which is that if a Protestant says I am a heretic, they are also heretics in the eyes of Catholics.

So you reject Jesus Christ as the Savior of men?

If so, then you shouldn't be participating in this forum.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So you reject Jesus Christ as the Savior of men?

If so, then you shouldn't be participating in this forum.

It's not that I'm against Jesus, it's the fan clubs or fanaticism of him which I oppose.

Attachments

• upload_2022-4-22_11-17-33.png
    upload_2022-4-22_11-17-33.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 1

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Jesus has value. Like Ghandi said, "I

It's not that I'm against Jesus, it's the fan clubs or fanaticism of him which I oppose.

You're deflecting. I asked a very specific question that doesn't require bringing anyone else into the equation.

Is Jesus Christ the Savior of men?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You're deflecting. I asked a very specific question that doesn't require bringing anyone else into the equation.

Is Jesus Christ the Savior of men?

I can answer how I want whether you think I'm deflecting or not. My answer is a question(s) back for you: Why is Jesus the Savior of men? Because the Bible says so? Is that not circular thinking? It doesn't matter if I give you a one word answer because you know what, there will still be other Christians who will argue with you and consider you unchristian. So I see what you are doing with that question...you're using it as an umbrella for all Christians. However Christians also have more than enough arguments with one another.

Attachments

• upload_2022-4-22_11-21-14.png
    upload_2022-4-22_11-21-14.png
    560.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Believers and nonbelievers are really two sides of the same coin just like atheists and theists. You cannot have one without the other no more than you can have day without night.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can answer how I want whether you think I'm deflecting or not. My answer is a question(s) back for you: Why is Jesus the Savior of men? Because the Bible says so? Is that not circular thinking?

This is a Christian debate forum. Not apologetics forum. If you reject that Jesus Christ is the Savior of men, then your questions do not belong here.

To answer your question. The Bible is a true historical narrative of Jesus Christ's work in Atonement for humanity. If you claim such is "circular" logic, then you must reject any historical narrative as "circular logic".

I believe I can safely assume that you do not reject all ancient historical narratives as "circular logic".

Reactions: Nancy

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This is a Christian debate forum. Not apologetics forum. If you reject that Jesus Christ is the Savior of men, then your questions do not belong here.

To answer your question. The Bible is a true historical narrative of Jesus Christ's work in Atonement for humanity. If you claim such is "circular" logic, then you must reject any historical narrative as "circular logic".

I believe I can safely assume that you do not reject all ancient historical narratives as "circular logic".

I see what you are doing with that question of, "Is Jesus the savior of men?"..you're using it as an umbrella for all Christians. However Christians also have more than enough arguments with one another and there's other Christians who will consider you unChristian regardless of whether you accept Jesus as your savior or not. So it doesn't matter if I answer your question with either 'yes' or 'no'.

"All of us Christians believe the same thing"
-says no Christian ever

What about do you believe in God point blank, period? Then the Muslims, Jews, and Christians all worship the same God given that they're all Abrahamic.

What about the fact that all humans bleed the same color?

Even bigger, what about the fact that there is only one shared being? You're made out of the universe, there can be no universe without you. You aren't just a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop.

Last edited:

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's weird. People think that Christians are self righteous but it is far from the truth. A true Christian will come to the knowledge that he or she is not self righteous but a sinner. Once you meet Jesus you realize how low we actually are and true repentance comes. We realize we are really screwed up and the only hope is Jesus. There are a lot of people who claim to be christians but are far from it. Try to remember that.

Reactions: Nancy and GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I'm with Jesus and you're a lost soul because you're not." That type of attitude is what disgusts me.
It's just a fact. It's not an attitude.
Well, He's the only way to Salvation. If you're really a Christian, you should be elated about Him. It's pretty apparent, with your New Age comments that you don't believe in Hell. So, what reason do you have to embrace a Savior?

And whoever told you New Age would pass soon doesn't know much about it. It's been around a long time. And it is not at all compatible with Christianity.

I used to be very into it for about 14 years before I found Christ and the Bible. It was a priceless education into all that is wrong with all other belief systems and it helped me to have a keen sense of its signature characteristics any time somebody begins to speak about new, or other, belief systems. All false belief systems are somewhat grounded in a New Age-type philosophy.
Why is Jesus the Savior of men? Because the Bible says so? Is that not circular thinking? It doesn't matter if I give you a one word answer because you know what, there will still be other Christians who will argue with you and consider you unchristian. So I see what you are doing with that question...you're using it as an umbrella for all Christians. However Christians also have more than enough arguments with one another.
You are so much like the many who come here to argue against Christianity while claiming to be Christian.

Can you tell us why you label yourself a Christian in the first place?

Do you know what the word really means? If you did, you wouldn't be saying all that you're saying about Christ.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's weird. People think that Christians are self righteous but it is far from the truth. A true Christian will come to the knowledge that he or she is not self righteous but a sinner. Once you meet Jesus you realize how low we actually are and true repentance comes. We realize we are really screwed up and the only hope is Jesus. There are a lot of people who claim to be christians but are far from it. Try to remember that.
And the denominations game is just a smoke screen for the truly important aspects of Bible Truth.

@Animal2692
Jesus went around telling people He was the only way to Salvation. Was He looking down on people like He was better?

How do people tell the Truth without being seen as arrogant or self-righteous to those who don't have faith and don't want anything to do with it?

Did you know that faith is a gift from God? That you're not capable of believing in Him unless He chooses to grant you that ability.

Reactions: Mantis

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is tough because it feels like everything in the world opposes it. It is tough because we know it is the truth and people don't want to hear it. Hell is real. Jesus said it would be better to pluck out your own eye balls than to go there. I take what he says as absolute truth and I don't plan on going there.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Christianity is tough because it feels like everything in the world opposes it. It is tough because we know it is the truth and people don't want to hear it. Hell is real. Jesus said it would be better to pluck out your own eye balls than to go there. I take what he says as absolute truth and I don't plan on going there.

Maybe it feels like everything opposes Christianity because Christians consider themselves to know the truth, essentially separating themselves from those who do not believe the same. Whenever you say, "I know the truth", that just leads to more bigotry. I don't even have to bring up examples of external sources that oppose Christianity; Christians themselves condemn one another of heresy among eachother. The Catholics think they have the truth while the Protestants think that they do.