Proud to be an unorthodox Christian :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright this is the first time that I'm coming out with this but I actually believe a lot of what you guys believe that Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins and that's the only way that we get to go to Heaven, but I don't believe that you have to be born again so please don't discriminate me against my beliefs since I've had that happen to me before. :(

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that you have to be born again

Hi AprilRose! I'm not certain any of us could accurately explain what it means to be born again. It is certainly written that "Ye must be born again". But, have I really been born again? I do live a renewed life, a life that is different from people in the world. I do look for my happiness in the next life. I have tried to put aside the things of this world. If all this means I have been born again, then I have been born again.

What does it mean for you to say: 'I don't believe that you have to be born again'? What does being 'born again' mean to you? Maybe you have been born again (a spiritual concept), but you are unaware that you have been born again? Maybe some who believe they have been born again have truly not been born again?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi AprilRose! I'm not certain any of us could accurately explain what it means to be born again. It is certainly written that "Ye must be born again". But, have I really been born again? I do live a renewed life, a life that is different from people in the world. I do look for my happiness in the next life. I have tried to put aside the things of this world. If all this means I have been born again, then I have been born again.

What does it mean for you to say: 'I don't believe that you have to be born again'? What does being 'born again' mean to you? Maybe you have been born again (a spiritual concept), but you are unaware that you have been born again? Maybe some who believe they have been born again have truly not been born again?

Here's a new game for us to play,.. let's take a shot every time you wrote "born again." :D I'm just kidding lol :p If I tell you will you promise not to judge me?

Reactions: WaterSong

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay well what I mean by that is I believe God to be a fair and loving and just God. You take somebody who is a murder and a rapist and obviously they are not Christian, and then you compare them with somebody who has maybe occasionally told a few lies here and there but apologizes for it later even though they are not Christian either and have a good heart and give to the poor and always honor their mother and father. Now, based on the fact that Jesus died for all humanity just looking at those two individuals, I think that I would probably believe the first one would end up in Hell more than the other person would. Just saying that's my own personal opinion.

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay well what I mean by that is I believe God to be a fair and loving and just God. You take somebody who is a murder and a rapist and obviously they are not Christian, and then you compare them with somebody who has maybe occasionally told a few lies here and there but apologizes for it later even though they are not Christian either and have a good heart and give to the poor and always honor their mother and father. Now, based on the fact that Jesus died for all humanity just looking at those two individuals, I think that I would probably believe the first one would end up in Hell more than the other person would. Just saying that's my own personal opinion.
No judgment here sister. :) (Hug)

Bible Gateway passage: 1 Timothy 4 - Mounce Reverse Interlinear New Testament

1Timothy 4:10 In fact this is why we work hard and struggle, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of believers.
Believe (Koine aka/"common", Greek: πιστός (pistos)
Strong: G4103

GK: G4412

faithful, true, trusty, Mt. 24:45; 25:21, 23; Lk. 12:42; 2 Tim. 2:2; put in trust, 1 Cor. 7:25; true, veracious, Rev. 1:5; 2:13; credible, sure, certain, indubitable, Acts 13:34; 1 Tim. 1:15; believing, yielding belief and confidence, Jn. 20:27; Gal. 3:9; spc. a Christian believer, Acts 10:45; 16:1, 15; 2 Cor. 6:15; πιστόν, in a true-hearted manner, right-mindedly, 3 Jn. 5

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't judge me either, but I think it might be a good idea to believe what Jesus said. :)

John 3:5-7-- Jesus answered, “I assure you: Unless someone is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I told you that you must be born again...."

Reactions: lforrest

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know that Jesus actually said that? Man wrote the Bible. Just saying.

Reactions: Ziggy

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know that Jesus actually said that? Man wrote the Bible. Just saying.
Hmm, are you related to Grailhunter by any chance?? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, thanks so much for not judging me.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mom used to say the same thing to me.
Man wrote the bible...
This is true. A person did write it.
But just like God speaks through people's thoughts and mouths, He also directs them to write what He wants written.
And the reason I believe the Bible is God inspired is that there are too many "coincidences" for it to be written without inspiration from a source other than man's own manipulations.
How can something that was written thousands of years ago be unfolding before our very eyes, if it is not inspired by God himself?
The Gospels are only 4 in the Bible, however there are other writings that do confirm what the Gospels say happened.
There is actual history of a flood, worldwide in many cultures.
At some point you have to choose God or Darwin.
I choose God because the proofs that have been made manifest in the rise and fall of nations and kingdoms,
foretold hundreds of years in advance..
Prophecy and also the way everything is assembled with a purpose.
I believe if it were not for God, everything would be total chaos.
Even the sun and moon would just bounce around in the sky, there would be no order.
The seasons, the way things have a beginning and an ending.. consistancy.

These things exist even if there were no Bible.
But I believe God wanted us to know him. And he directed men to write what he wanted written so we could know him.

Now my mother-in-law, She never read the bible. But she believes in God. She believes in Jesus.
Even though she never read the book.
I believe the book is there for those who want to know more, dig deeper, search for "treasure" .
Some are just happy and content with the daily bread.
Others like to get to the roots. :)

Hugs

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh okay so you liked it because your mother believed it that's why lol sorry.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see, Ziggy and who else? There's quite a list of y'all! Do you ALL inhabit the same body?? :D
Which one?
I missed the beginning of the conversation sorry..lol
I have only one user name if that's what your asking?

Funny how a lot of people think a lot a like sometimes..
and other times they don't.. lol
Hugs

Reactions: April_Rose