Proverbs 19:14

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Proverbs 19:14 House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.

a good wife is from god so the bad wife is not from god

so what if a man marries but it turned out the wife is not a good wife and they fought and separated and this man finds another woman and he find a good woman the 2nd woman is a virgin

is this considered adultery? for the 1st woman? the 1st woman is not given by God but the 2nd is

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 19:14 House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.

so what if a man marries but it turned out the wife is not a good wife and they fought and separated and this man finds another woman and he find a good woman the 2nd woman is a virgin

is this considered adultery? for the 1st woman? the 1st woman is not given by God but the 2nd is

LoL. Well, there are a lot of marriages that God never intended to happen. But the problem here is, if we can all say that "It was not God" the minute things start going bad, many marriages would possibly divorce over matters that they should simply be trying to work through.

Now, that said, there is nothing wrong with an agreed separation, or even a non-agreed one so long as they remain faithful. I say that because sometimes a spouse can be so crippling to a person's spiritual life that they render the person completely debilitated as a Christian. That is something I think a believer must separate themselves from and just pray that the marriage can somehow heal.

If adultery is committed, all bets are off. But until then, a man who marries the wrong woman kinda has himself to blame, so he needs to stick with it until she no longer wants to stick with him.

I know that may sound tough, but it's the New Testament position on things.

God bless,
- H

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The story of the Samaritan woman Jesus met at the well has much to teach us...
This answer is full of wisdom....
What can we learn from the woman at the well? | GotQuestions.org

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. what do you call bad? is it your standard, and if so then the bad wife is in you.

see many want the LORD to give them a wife or a Husband. but many, not all want this with that, and he or she got to have these thing or those thing. NO, many who go to the Lord for a spouse is looking for a. A sex toy, or B. a slave, or C. someone with money for security. and when God give them a good spouse, they, and not the spouse, but they is not what "THEY" wanted, (as in A, B, or C above). and blame God. well one need to see what God said about a wife, as in finding one. Proverbs 18:22 "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD."

no YOU find the wife, or husband and don't blame God, but you. because you is the one who suppose to find a wife. after that thing with Adam, Genesis 3:12 "And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat." see how Adam tried to blame God?.

so no, YOU find the wife. and ask God for his favor. for whosoever findeth a wife find a good thing, so take your time.

PICJAG

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Addressing the OP. what do you call bad? is it your standard, and if so then the bad wife is in you.
I am just saying since the word of God says the house and wealth will be given by the biological father and a good wife will be given by God

so i just filled the blanks right?
a wicked wife is not from God

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
the said example is a true story i just wondered the moment i stand up from the bed so i posted this to fill some blanks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am just saying since the word of God says the house and wealth will be given by the biological father and a good wife will be given by God

Of course not, neither is a wicked husband. But what do you mean by wicked? A satan worshipper? An atheist?
The Bible says light and darkness cannot fellowship together...
KJ21
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers, for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?

Why would you marry a wicked woman in the first place? Were you not able to discern her spirit when you met her? Did you discuss your beliefs with her? Are you speaking for yourself or just figuratively?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

First thanks for the reply, second, I understand what you are saying, and this is a Good topic, many more should be done. a can of worms you have open, (smile), so I'll be breif as possible. a prudent wife is from the LORD. so all wives don't fall into that category, because of some expectations from their husbands. see how I put that. some men cannot handle, or appreciate a caring woman who plans for the future, or who can manage money just as good as their husbands, or better. see, the reason why I said it that way, most, not all Marriages have a money/wealth issue. a good wife, or a prudent wife look out for the well being of her family and household.
any successful marriage is made of the two involved. and there is no set or standard handbook as to say what works in house A will work in house B. everyone are individuals. this is the whole point of the proverb, both individuals must be smart in preparation for the future. it's not just about us now, but all of the future generations. so a husband and wife goal it to provide for a better life for their children in the generations to come. Marriage is about the future, and this is where a prudent wife is from the LORD comes in at. for the wife is a HELPER, and not a MAKER in the marriage, but a HELPER in the nmarriage.

so I'm going to put the lid back on my can of worms.

PICJAG.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Why would you marry a wicked woman in the first place? Were you not able to discern her spirit when you met her? Did you discuss your beliefs with her? Are you speaking for yourself or just figuratively?
can you read the heart?

can you judge immediately and you can put a dot on this person that this is a bad person even if you have not been with him/her under the same roof?

what is a bad girl you ask hmmm.. well what about a good woman then?

what is a good wife? that the word of God is telling us?

because prudent is not just 1 word if you search for the translation latin, greek, hebrew has a specific word but not a specific meaning so I just said good and bad

what is a good wife? is it not the good wife is the opposite of a bad wife

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you read the heart?

can you judge immediately and you can put a dot on this person that this is a bad person even if you have not been with him/her under the same roof?

what is a bad girl you ask hmmm.. well what about a good woman then?

what is a good wife? that the word of God is telling us?

because prudent is not just 1 word if you search for the translation latin, greek, hebrew has a specific word but not a specific meaning so I just said good and bad

what is a good wife? is it not the good wife is the opposite of a bad wife
Okay you're going to play games....meaning answering a question with a question.
I was engaged to a man years ago and when I began to question him about his faith he said he didn't want to hear it...and that he wanted nothing to do with God.
I broke off the engagement....2 weeks later he went to church and repented. We got married and it was a beautiful marriage until he died.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Are you speaking for yourself or just figuratively?
i am speaking of facts and basing it on the word of God

why facts? because it happened around me i'm not going in detailed there is still 1 more example going to share it when the time comes

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Okay you're going to play games....meaning answering a question with a question.
I was engaged to a man years ago and when I began to question him about his faith he said he didn't want to hear it...and that he wanted nothing to do with God.
I broke off the engagement....2 weeks later he went to church and repented. We got married and it was a beautiful marriage until he died.
@Heart2Soul What you say reminds me of the verse Amos 3.3, "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I'm not playing on purpose just that I do not know how to answer the question you are asking so I did wonder what is a good wife? Isn't this the answer to your question the opposite of a good husband is the answer to what a bad husband is

In your situation, the word of God says if you are good to your husband, you can encourage your husband to believe in God and this is what you did, right ?

but it was said to the man not to the woman so that's it
also

there is a man who got sick during covid-19 this man has a fever he may have a tons of childrens but no one helped him except for his daughter who is with him at home but this daughter is wearing too much was like improvised ppe

one day this man who has a fever was hungry and looked for food on the table he saw there was leftover of 2pcs of smaller than thumb head of fish and cooked rice

they doesn't even cook food for the poor man
this poor man shared this story with us at the funeral of one of his siblings
it was said like a joke because that was his traits

Also, this family has no unity when it comes to money, not the poor man but his childrens even his wife are very bad personality when it comes to money but they are Christians

yes indeed what is a good wife? his wife is a minister of a church but a sinner like most of us

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

She is still his wife, wicked or not. Hosea has a very humbling account of how the prophet was taught patience by God over the erring Gomer.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not playing on purpose just that I do not know how to answer the question you are asking so I did wonder what is a good wife? Isn't this the answer to your question the opposite of a good husband is the answer to what a bad husband is

In your situation, the word of God says if you are good to your husband, you can encourage your husband to believe in God and this is what you did, right ?

but it was said to the man not to the woman so that's it
also

there is a man who got sick during covid-19 this man has a fever he may have a tons of childrens but no one helped him except for his daughter who is with him at home but this daughter is wearing too much was like improvised ppe

one day this man who has a fever was hungry and looked for food on the table he saw there was leftover of 2pcs of smaller than thumb head of fish and cooked rice

they doesn't even cook food for the poor man
this poor man shared this story with us at the funeral of one of his siblings
it was said like a joke because that was his traits

Also, this family has no unity when it comes to money, not the poor man but his childrens even his wife are very bad personality when it comes to money but they are Christians

yes indeed what is a good wife? his wife is a minister of a church but a sinner like most of us
Proverbs 31 describes a virtuous wife.