Proverbs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs is like a box of chocolates. It is full of tasty little bites for soul. I read a chapter for each day of the month.

Today's tasty little bites I found.

As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come. - Proverbs 26: 2

This one is always a favorite of mine. The enemy cannot curse the believer without cause. IOW curses cannot come unless they are invited in.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs is like a box of chocolates. It is full of tasty little bites for soul. I read a chapter for each day of the month.

Today's tasty little bites I found.

As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come. - Proverbs 26: 2

This one is always a favorite of mine. The enemy cannot curse the believer without cause. IOW curses cannot come unless they are invited in.
I include the Book of Proverbs in a secondary continuous reading of mine which starts with Psalms and ends with Song of Solomon, which I read prayerfully. Although I have been doing this for years, the richness still at times seems to me as scarcely tapped at all. Perhaps it is that God has condensed all that He has for men in this part of the scriptures. If we are only able to understand His messages to us...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mama Etna

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today's tasty little bit.

Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. Proverbs 27:1

Only God knows the answer to that.

My daily bible reading includes a chapter from the Old testament, a chapter from Proverbs, and a chapter from the new testament. I usually read Proverbs last, because, as I have said its like a box of chocolates. It's a treat to read. It has also strongly colored my world view because I have been doing this style of daily reading for several years now.

Reactions: amadeus