Psalms?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It may sound like I’m on crack, but I believe that a large portion of the psalms is an account of the conversations between God and Christ as he was in fellowship with the Father during his ministry.
All responses are appreciated.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 139:5-6 KJV
[5] Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. [6] Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Tecarta BibleHe is our rereguard
I may have spelled that wrong ^^^^^^

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 139:16 KJV
[16] Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Was David written of prior to his birth??
Tecarta Bible

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 23:4 KJV
[4] Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Wasn’t David hiding scared, from an old man?
Yet Jesus is asleep in the middle of a hurricane?
Tecarta Bible

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are identified with Christ and He is identified in our stead. So yes, many of the Psalms can go both ways.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are identified with Christ and He is identified in our stead. So yes, many of the Psalms can go both ways.
I see, I don’t have a doctorate or a Phd, the closest thing I have to a PhD is the post hole diggers I have in my basement

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, I don’t have a doctorate or a Phd, the closest thing I have to a PhD is the post hole diggers I have in my basement
Being a truck driver (T.D.) most my life, I'm not sure if I'm to take that as an insult or compliment lol.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a truck driver (T.D.) most my life, I'm not sure if I'm to take that as an insult or compliment lol.
Truly a compliment, if God can reveal Himself to someone as ignorant as me then the entire world should have great hope.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It may sound like I’m on crack, but I believe that a large portion of the psalms is an account of the conversations between God and Christ as he was in fellowship with the Father during his ministry.

I could never understand Psalm 119 until I read it as Jesus speaking. The mentions of sin I attribute to David, naturally, but the Lion's Share seems to apply wonderfully to Jesus.

I would not be surprised for a moment to discover what you say here is true. Many Psalms that I can think of read that way. I'm going to keep this in mind as I read them.

Something else I've been coming to is the effectiveness when the Spirit prays a Psalm through one. I've seen miracles come that way.

If the Psalms are Jesus and the Father, and why not, then we, being Christians, share in the discourse.

As we read with the understanding that the Psalms speak our hearts to the Father, and the Father's heart to us, then as we identify with the Psalms, and their pathos, and this centers us upon the real us, away from the mind of the flesh, so we can define ourselves as God does.

Interesting idea, I'm going to be keeping that in mind!

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I know what you mean. Christ is concealed all throughout the Old Testament before He came to earth.

Reactions: farouk