Pumpkin season! carving...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

Pumpkin season again!

Here is a pumpkin carving competition video from a past year:

I have never got involved with Halloween , so no pumpkin cutting for me. As far as I am concerned it is part of the occult - just my opionion for myself. It's the highlight of the satanic year, where coverns and satanists celebrate ( read a testimony of a witch who got saved - quite an eye opener )
I have never understood why The USA , and obviously Canada too use to make such a big deal out of the day- we adopted many of the traditions over the past 10-15 years. I was always surprised when Christians got involved, never understood it ! ( still don't )
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have never got involved with Halloween , so no pumpkin cutting for me. As far as I am concerned it is part of the occult - just my opionion for myself. It's the highlight of the satanic year, where coverns and satanists celebrate ( read a testimony of a witch who got saved - quite an eye opener )
I have never understood why The USA , and obviously Canada too use to make such a big deal out of the day- we adopted many of the traditions over the past 10-15 years. I was always surprised when Christians got involved, never understood it ! ( still don't )
Rita
Well, over here, my wife's favorite food in the fall - when available - is pumpkin flavored muffins. :)

Here you see rows of pumpkins on sale at supermarkets.

Some ppl like to carve them; and so the lady in the video is drawing on an interesting way of using a widely known vegetable.

(Obviously we wouldn't get involved in anything occult.)

B

Butterfly

I always equate the pumpkin with Halloween, it's the only time it is used over here, the carving is usually linked to putting it outside on October 31st. I think pumpkin pie is very much a USA thing - although pumpkin muffins sound quite nice. I have never tried pumpkin , only used pumpkin seeds for things ( salads )
Rita

B

Butterfly

Trick or treating drives me nuts, I refuse to buy sweets and usually make sure my front lights are out, so people think no one is home - so I avoid parents and children knocking my door.
We even have pumpkin carving at work in the care home with the residents- and they decorate the home. I refuse to get involved
Rita

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always equate the pumpkin with Halloween, it's the only time it is used over here, the carving is usually linked to putting it outside on October 31st. I think pumpkin pie is very much a USA thing - although pumpkin muffins sound quite nice. I have never tried pumpkin , only used pumpkin seeds for things ( salads )
Rita
Your missing out.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rita
Over here the pumpkin flaovored muffins seem only to be available in the fall.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, carving pumpkins into faces are just making demon heads. No thank you.

I think pumpkin pie is very much a USA thing

We do like our pumpkin pies! I like them because they are so easy to make!

Yum!

Reactions: Butterfly